What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
you are 100% correct but you should still spend the extra money if your data plan is so small that you can't upload a video because you will run out of data.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I have the 10 GB plan. I have enough data, but I'd rather not waste it when I need to share a short video clip. I still feel as though the ability to compress large video files, and compress them to a smaller size should be something added to Android. If a 3rd party Dev can come up with an app that can do this, then why can't Google?
I realize that uploading a file to Dropbox to share is a work around, but what would we do if Dropbox decided to call it quits?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the 10 GB plan. I have enough data, but I'd rather not waste it when I need to share a short video clip. I still feel as though the ability to compress large video files, and compress them to a smaller size should be something added to Android. If a 3rd party Dev can come up with an app that can do this, then why can't Google?
I realize that uploading a file to Dropbox to share is a work around, but what would we do if Dropbox decided to call it quits?

the point is moot. There are many options for cloud storage. But the compression feature would be nice. I am willing to bet there are apps that can do this already.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Just found out that the iPhone can email large video files. It converts them to a smaller size before sending. Something that can't be done on Android natively.
I always get file size too large errors when trying to email most of my videos.

I'm sure that affect the quality of the video. It depends on how well it can compress and at the same time perverse the quality of the video.
I am deaf and I rely on clear video to see the hand signing. What I found from iPhone video that they are bad quality and choppy. If that the case, then the iPhone is com pressing the video badly

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

drewtenn

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
If u have a password or pin on your lock screen then u can't pull down the notification bar on ANY carrier. However if its just slide then u can pull it down on ANY carrier bro.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Hold down the power button. Mine hasa password and it works for me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
the point is moot. There are many options for cloud storage. But the compression feature would be nice. I am willing to bet there are apps that can do this already.

I never realized you couldn't send videos over a certain size until my wife tried to send me a short 30 second clip from her Android phone. She was at an event and wanted to share a video. While she couldn't send it, her friends who had iPhones were able to send it to people they knew. So I had to wait until she got home to see it on her phone. I did mention to her about uploading it to Dropbox and YouTube, but she has no plans on using those services. Luckily she found a paid app in the PlayStore called Video Message Shrinker that will allow her to compress her videos to MMS quality. The video recorder for the Note 2 has an option to record in MMS quality, but by doing so the video will not be in HD if you decide later you like the video and would like to keep it. I highly recommend the app. Would be nice if that option was in the Android OS, then she could have saved a few bucks.

zolgi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
"Extra credit"? I simply said the Facetime feature on the iPhone is a neat feature in which I've seen used in many cool ways in the healthcare field. In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of people own iPhones, so it's easy to just pick up your phone and facetime from any location, anywhere that receives a signal or wifi connection.

How is having an entire family bringing out a laptop or having to sit down in front of a PC and then arranging the OTHER party to do the same thing EASIER than two people whipping out an iPhone and facetiming anywhere they get a signal?

I don't even own an iPhone, I just think it's a great feature that's quick, convenient, and easy to use that's provided into the interface of the phone.

How facetime is great feature? Its just video chat iOS to iOS. Nokia has have this video calling maybe 10 years and it works every phone if it supports it. LoL...

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
How facetime is great feature? Its just video chat iOS to iOS. Nokia has have this video calling maybe 10 years and it works every phone if it supports it. LoL...

If Nokia had the feature then why hasn't it caught on with Nokia? The reason is Apple makes it easy. As long as you have an iOS device. If you've never used it than I can't explain how easy it is. If Nokia had it they sure then implement it good. I don't even see it on the 920.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I know so many iphone users that think face time is stupid. It has it's uses but it is a gimmick for the most part. Very few people use it. Skype or Go to Meeting is far more active for business use.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I said it before and I will say it again. Facetime is for teenage girls. They are the only ones I ever see using facetime. No self respecting male will be like "hey bro im gonna facetime you in a few".

Its a dumb feature and I never used it when I had my iPhone, I know a lot of other users that don't either.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I said it before and I will say it again. Facetime is for teenage girls. They are the only ones I ever see using facetime. No self respecting male will be like "hey bro im gonna facetime you in a few".

Its a dumb feature and I never used it when I had my iPhone, I know a lot of other users that don't either.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

So no dude face times their wife? Or their kids when they get home off the bus. What about when I'm out of town for work? What about when my boys FaceTime their grandparents? Or when I FT my parents? I face time dudes too when I'm trying to showing them how to do something. Therefore, plenty of dudes use it.

Either way, that's a moot pt. because you didn't use doesn't make it dumb. I never use the multi window feature on my Note 2. Does that make it a dumb feature because I had no use for it? I hate widgets also. Does that make them dumb because I didn't like them?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia had the feature then why hasn't it caught on with Nokia? The reason is Apple makes it easy. As long as you have an iOS device. If you've never used it than I can't explain how easy it is. If Nokia had it they sure then implement it good. I don't even see it on the 920.

So just cause apple put video chat on their phones and slapped a new name on it its the shiii huh lol. Like I said iOS just is a glorified permanent app drawer that just got lte LAST YEAR. LOL and FYI Nokia did have that feature first. Nokia isn't as big as apple

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So no dude face times their wife? Or their kids when they get home off the bus. What about when I'm out of town for work? What about when my boys FaceTime their grandparents? Or when I FT my parents? I face time dudes too when I'm trying to showing them how to do something. Therefore, plenty of dudes use it.

Either way, that's a moot pt. because you didn't use doesn't make it dumb. I never use the multi window feature on my Note 2. Does that make it a dumb feature because I had no use for it? I hate widgets also. Does that make them dumb because I didn't like them?

And my cuz owns a ip5 and he even admitted that he used tango WAYY more than facetime based on the fact alone that most of the people he video chats with is converting or converted to Android

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Why Luke Skywalker dumped the iPhone 5.....

14762_592017490827708_1925969193_n.jpg

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
For me the iphone has a few decent things in its favour bur not lots. Apple build quality is second to none. If the note 2 had the design and build of the iphone it would be amazing. The iphone has imessage and I dont know why android doesn't have something like it built into its messaging system. I miss imovie. Also, I think the retina display is better than the super amoled one. My ipad screen looks better than my note. Thats about it to be honest lol

For the note 2. It does everything you could ever want. External memory and fantastic battery life.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
For me the iphone has a few decent things in its favour bur not lots. Apple build quality is second to none. If the note 2 had the design and build of the iphone it would be amazing. The iphone has imessage and I dont know why android doesn't have something like it built into its messaging system. I miss imovie. Also, I think the retina display is better than the super amoled one. My ipad screen looks better than my note. Thats about it to be honest lol

For the note 2. It does everything you could ever want. External memory and fantastic battery life.

I'd say build quality is about even tbh. Samsung devices only feel cheap but it's misleading as to its actual quality. Google is supposedly working on merging their messaging apps into something like BBM which would be great. I can't say about the screens but if it is better than its wasted on such a small screen compared to the newest Android devices, I personally couldn't stand having such a small screen but that's just me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd say build quality is about even tbh. Samsung devices only feel cheap but it's misleading as to its actual quality. Google is supposedly working on merging their messaging apps into something like BBM which would be great. I can't say about the screens but if it is better than its wasted on such a small screen compared to the newest Android devices, I personally couldn't stand having such a small screen but that's just me.

Ive only ever had iphones and imo the 4, 4s and 5 feel like quality devices. My note 2 just feels like a phone, nothing special. Although I think its a better phone.

The screens are better for sure. My ipad is so so sharp. I can tell the difference when I pick up each device after using the other.

Can't wait for the messaging thing. However I need to convert my iphone friends to android lol

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Ive only ever had iphones and imo the 4, 4s and 5 feel like quality devices. My note 2 just feels like a phone, nothing special. Although I think its a better phone.

The screens are better for sure. My ipad is so so sharp. I can tell the difference when I pick up each device after using the other.

Can't wait for the messaging thing. However I need to convert my iphone friends to android lol

First off most of apples "retina displays" were made by Samsung.

Second the only thing qualifying a display as retina is an equation measuring resolution to average viewing distance believing the average sweet spot is roughly 300dpi the whole thing is utter crap to anybody who knows what its about.

In actuality most of our devices would qualify. My skyrocket sits at 240dpi and with the average viewing distance being 12" I would actually fall under that qualification.

The only argument you have is against the display technology which is honestly personal preference as I enjoy viewing pictures and movies far more on my samoled over my wife's iPhone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

I was talking about the iPhone solely. The screen on the N10 beats the iPad is most ways though, I've seen a few classmates with their iPad 4's and they look good but I just can't help but notice a better overall picture on the N10.

As for the messaging, even if you can't you can always use the cross-platform apps. :p

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Oh and build quality throw your iphone full force into a wall see if it survives my skyrocket did lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2