What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm unaware of a "Google sync" that is available to sync Google contacts with Outlook if one doesn't use an Exchange server for email.
Yes for calendar sync. Not email. You can also check out www.companionlink.com. This is a great program. Syncs calendar, contacts and tasks wirelessly from your phone or desktop. It's $40 but well worth it for my business needs. I never have to sync anything anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes for calendar sync. Not email. You can also check out Sync calendar, contacts, tasks and notes to Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink. This is a great program. Syncs calendar, contacts and tasks wirelessly from your phone or desktop. It's $40 but well worth it for my business needs. I never have to sync anything anymore.
Given the iffy nature of Android apps, I'm reluctant to spend $40 on one, especially one with so many negative reviews. Not eager to throw away that much cash if the thing doesn't work properly. But it's good to know you like it.

Fact remains, iPhone is much better (easier and more seamless, requiring no special apps) at syncing information like contacts and schedule with a desktop program like Outlook. I have no interest in owning an iPhone, but it's silly to pretend that there's nothing they do better than Android (in general) or our GN2s specifically.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Given the iffy nature of Android apps, I'm reluctant to spend $40 on one, especially one with so many negative reviews. Not eager to throw away that much cash if the thing doesn't work properly. But it's good to know you like it.

Fact remains, iPhone is much better (easier and more seamless, requiring no special apps) at syncing information like contacts and schedule with a desktop program like Outlook. I have no interest in owning an iPhone, but it's silly to pretend that there's nothing they do better than Android (in general) or our GN2s specifically.
Well for the record it's not an app. It's a desktop program that works for Android and for iPhone and many different formats. But I still think you are just being a fanboy for Apple rather than looking at all the options. Check out Google Sync

Last edited:

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well for the record it's not just an Android app. It's for iPhone and many different formats. But I still think you are just being a fanboy for Apple rather than looking at all the options. Check out Google Sync

He wont. You know how apple sheep are.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

The part where you lost all cred is where you said "Given the iffy nature of Android apps". These kinds of statements are such a waste of everyone's time and only degrade your input. If you are only here to try to discredit something without any real value then don't bother.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't think android has a huge learning curve anymore. With JB, heck even with ICS, the learning curve is about the same as iOS. The note 2 is a phone you can pick up and use just like the iPhone. I really think Samsung has a winning formula now with touchwiz.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cliffs71

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't think android has a huge learning curve anymore. With JB, heck even with ICS, the learning curve is about the same as iOS. The note 2 is a phone you can pick up and use just like the iPhone. I really think Samsung has a winning formula now with touchwiz.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tell that to someone who's never used an Android before. They'll disagree. I agree that JB and ICS have made things simpler, but it's still a lot to figure out if coming from an iPhone.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Tell that to someone who's never used an Android before. They'll disagree. I agree that JB and ICS have made things simpler, but it's still a lot to figure out if coming from an iPhone.

I agree. The selection of text & copy/paste feature is easier and smoother on iOS. I still find myself wondering which symbol is select all, copy, cut, and paste on my Note. iOS simply has the words copy and paste. HTC Sense UI seems to be more user friendly than stock Android & TouchWiz when it comes to this feature on Android phones.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It can trick people into thinking it is the only option for a "easy" and "usable" experience.......Steve is one busy ghost!
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Cliffs71

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
L.E.A.R.N.I.N.G. is back by popular demand :)

Yeah, don't get me wrong... my new to Android friend was frustrated for a couple of days, but now he's absolutely tickled by how customizable his Note 2 is. But people have to remember that many of us who have been Android users for a while now most likely did so because we got over the iPhone and sought out a better/different alternative. People just now getting into Android have probably lived through 4 or 5 different iPhones over the past 5 years. They're not used to (sorry) having to think for themselves. Most long-term iPhone users are used to having everything selected for them: the look, the layout, having to sync through iTunes or the Cloud. There's no leg work with an iPhone.

I once heard someone say, "iPhones are great phones to do everything FOR you. Androids are great phones to do everything you WANT it to do."

It's pretty true.

zolgi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

So every phone should be like iOS? Idea is to be different not same with different name.. WP is a great example how to do things different and not the same way like every other OS with different theme.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I still think you are just being a fanboy for Apple rather than looking at all the options. Check out Google Sync
Pretty odd comment given that I've never owned an iPhone and likely never will. That Google Sync page you directed us to shows how to sync Google contacts between the phone and one's Google account - whoopie. It offers no help in syncing one's Google contacts with Outlook.

I think you need an education on what being a "fanboy" actually consists of -- it doesn't mean being a person who can acknowledge actual benefits of a product without wanting to own one.

I get tired of people slamming products for no particular reason other than they prefer a competing product. I like my Android devices, have since my first one (Samsung Fascinate). I've found Samsung products to be the most attractive within the Android offerings. But I'd recommend iPhones to those whose needs are simple and who want an easy-to-use device on which they can play Angry Birds, check their Facebook account and play music. My needs are more extensive and business-oriented, and the iPhone has nothing really to recommend itself to me. Easier syncing with Outlook, though, is something I continue to look for. You juvenile dolts who throw insults at others (and yes, I realize what I just did there) aren't doing anything to advance understanding of some real shortcomings of Android.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I take it back. Grandma is going to use her brain and learn Android for a few days. I want her happy the rest of her days, not bored to tears. :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

It's no different going than from Android to iOS. You're going to be used to doing things the Android way and now have to do it Apple's way.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood