What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

masterpfa

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 along with all recent iPhones have always excelled in picture reproduction, excellent camera lens and colour management.
That along with maybe the slickest and smoothest UI's , with transitions between pages lag free, the number of apps that appear on iOS first and the willingness of businesses and services world wide of adapting to iOS initially The iPhone 5 is a strong contender and I would have no hesitation in recommending one if asked (If I believed it was best suited to that individuals needs) ......

However with the Note II you have a beast of a machine that can be as simple or complicated as you would like
The many added features, customisations available to everyone straight out of the box, Samsung's additional features including the multi screens, S-Pen, large screen, expandable memory, a super fast Quadcore processor with 2Gb RAM.

Personally it would have to be the Note II for me and for anyone who accepts in life that all products have to be learnt, cameras, cars, TV all these things we accept that there will be a learning curve and so the same applies to smartphones, after all these are now genuine mini computers. So ease of use is almost like comparing a Fisher Price toy computer to a real one.

Today the vote goes to Note II

But in answer to the OP the optics IMO are better on the iPhone 5 and fluidity of UI

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 5 along with all recent iPhones have always excelled in picture reproduction, excellent camera lens and colour management.
That along with maybe the slickest and smoothest UI's , with transitions between pages lag free, the number of apps that appear on iOS first and the willingness of businesses and services world wide of adapting to iOS initially The iPhone 5 is a strong contender and I would have no hesitation in recommending one if asked (If I believed it was best suited to that individuals needs) ......

However with the Note II you have a beast of a machine that can be as simple or complicated as you would like
The many added features, customisations available to everyone straight out of the box, Samsung's additional features including the multi screens, S-Pen, large screen, expandable memory, a super fast Quadcore processor with 2Gb RAM.

Personally it would have to be the Note II for me and for anyone who accepts in life that all products have to be learnt, cameras, cars, TV all these things we accept that there will be a learning curve and so the same applies to smartphones, after all these are now genuine mini computers. So ease of use is almost like comparing a Fisher Price toy computer to a real one.

But in answer to the OP the optics IMO are better on the iPhone 5 and fluidity of UI

Great post. I never had a lag free iphone. They choked and crashed to. In fact iOS is great at hiding them. I also find the fluidity of the note matches the iphone. I believe the optics are so close between the devices, that you could get a great pic no matter what. It would probably come down to knowing a few settings, and that is it. I almost thought I missed my iphone, with your post, but then I remembered how imperfect it actually was.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The big thing and the only thing about iPhones is the better feel. I can say without a doubt that the device feels better in hand despite it being easier to scratch etc. No one can really say otherwise that the plastic feels better than the matte aluminum. The better feel also is contributed by the many cases that they have. For example the Note 2 does not have element cases and I, for one, think this is a big thing. I'm a huge show off and would consider changing back to the iPhone just because I can get the 200$ element case. ( Seriously )

Everything you wrote is just opinion. Not fact. I don't like the feel of an iphone. Also the plastic of the Sammy is irrelevant to me. My phone sits in a thin leather like case anyway. I hate iphones on every level and we have over 11 ipods here. ...

Sent from Note 2

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
...The iPhone 5...maybe the slickest and smoothest UI's , with transitions between pages lag free...

I have an iPad (not an iPhone but close) and neither the UI of iOS, or apps seems superior to what I see on the Note II. Also I see no lag between the page transitions of the Note II Touch Wiz UI or between those of Android apps (native or downloaded). In fact nearly all transitions are super quick and snappy.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

I agree with most of this except for lag free and smooth. My iPhone 4 was laggy as hell and the messaging app always crashed. My DNA is worlds better.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad (not an iPhone but close) and neither the UI of iOS, or apps seems superior to what I see on the Note II. Also I see no lag between the page transitions of the Note II Touch Wiz UI or between those of Android apps (native or downloaded). In fact nearly all transitions are super quick and snappy.

Most apple fans like to claim iOS and it's apps are smoother when that hasn't been true for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So it is clear. After reading this thread, all points made, the i5 can't do a Damn thing better. What a shame. Poor applications.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
People who honestly (but mistakenly) believe that iOS and Apple provide the "better" phone are simply living in the past...about 2 years ago. The Note 2 is so much more versatile. In fact, the average Android phone from the last year or so is more versatile. And apps? good grief, essentially ALL the major/popular apps are available on Android but I'm not going to get into a mired-down discussion about "well the android version of app "x" sucks compared to the iOS version". That may be true here and there, but when one compares the TOTAL experience of an Android phone to the Jesus phone, it's hard to make a valid case that the Jesus phone is better. seriously.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
People who honestly (but mistakenly) believe that iOS and Apple provide the "better" phone are simply living in the past...about 2 years ago. The Note 2 is so much more versatile. In fact, the average Android phone from the last year or so is more versatile. And apps? good grief, essentially ALL the major/popular apps are available on Android but I'm not going to get into a mired-down discussion about "well the android version of app "x" sucks compared to the iOS version". That may be true here and there, but when one compares the TOTAL experience of an Android phone to the Jesus phone, it's hard to make a valid case that the Jesus phone is better. seriously.

I remember when Instagram came to Android, the iphone users got SOOOOO passed off. I laughed so hard.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a brand new Nexus 4. This phone is nice. I think I found and Android winner. The keyboard is easy to type on. I got a deal for $260 for the 16 GB. Using it with Att. It feels nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles