What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I think IOS offers a superior gaming experience to Android.

This is due to the selection and quality of the games rather than technical limitations or hardware form factor. But the iPhone 5 has a world-class GPU.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

This is due to the selection and quality of the games rather than technical limitations or hardware form factor. But the iPhone 5 has a world-class GPU.

If you're a big mobile gamer you might see it that way, personally I think the difference is negligible. I've found lots of high quality, enjoyable games on the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Just playing devil's advocate. I don't really game in the mobile environment (my computer is too high-end) but I agree that Android has improved recently with games like Dead Trigger, NFS, Bard's Tale, the GTAs and such. iPhone 5 definitely has a far superior GPU though and the GPU is probably the Achilles heel of the Note 2.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
One thing that the iPhone 5 does WAY better is being receptive to being urinated on. Of course, I've never tried that with the Note 2 because I don't think the N2 would appreciate it. The iP5 seemed not to mind at all.

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
What gets me is how a lot of Google apps work better on IOS. I have both a Note 2 which I am trying to make my daily driver and an Iphone 5but things like this irritate me. For example, I have an XLS file sent to me on email and I save it to Google drive. It contains a list of hotels we use for volunteer work to place clients that have had a disaster along with their addresses and phone numbers. With my iPhone, I just open the file on Google drive, find the closest hotel, click on the number and it dials it right up. With the Note 2, I have to physically dial the number. The only Google apps that I like better on the Note are Gmail. Just my take on it, while it's true, you can tweak an Android more, IOS is a pretty good user experience, even for a fairly advanced user.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What gets me is how a lot of Google apps work better on IOS. I have both a Note 2 which I am trying to make my daily driver and an Iphone 5but things like this irritate me. For example, I have an XLS file sent to me on email and I save it to Google drive. It contains a list of hotels we use for volunteer work to place clients that have had a disaster along with their addresses and phone numbers. With my iPhone, I just open the file on Google drive, find the closest hotel, click on the number and it dials it right up. With the Note 2, I have to physically dial the number. The only Google apps that I like better on the Note are Gmail. Just my take on it, while it's true, you can tweak an Android more, IOS is a pretty good user experience, even for a fairly advanced user.

That specific example is because of a lawsuit over a patent. Android used to have the same functionality with being able to just tap a number and have it dial, but Apple sued over it and now it's a 2 step process. On most websites it'll still work by sending the number to your dialer and you just have to hit send, or call. Otherwise, you can copy from original and paste in the dialer as well, but it's a 2-3 step process instead of 1 because of BS litigation. I say BS because Apple didn't invent that functionality, it existed prior to the iPhone.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That specific example is because of a lawsuit over a patent. Android used to have the same functionality with being able to just tap a number and have it dial, but Apple sued over it and now it's a 2 step process. On most websites it'll still work by sending the number to your dialer and you just have to hit send, or call. Otherwise, you can copy from original and paste in the dialer as well, but it's a 2-3 step process instead of 1 because of BS litigation. I say BS because Apple didn't invent that functionality, it existed prior to the iPhone.

So did everything else that Apple has patented.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Last edited:

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Probably but it is pretty amusing how Google is putting apps out that are very good on the iPhone. I really enjoy different aspects of both devices and think that both platforms are causing innovation to continue which is a good thing for us. We could argue IOS vs Android forever but the truth is that both are getting better. I'm sitting here hoping the jailbreak is released today so I can make my iPhone more usable.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I'll rather play dead trigger or sonic and knuckles on a 4.6 or 5 in screen lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Probably but it is pretty amusing how Google is putting apps out that are very good on the iPhone. I really enjoy different aspects of both devices and think that both platforms are causing innovation to continue which is a good thing for us. We could argue IOS vs Android forever but the truth is that both are getting better. I'm sitting here hoping the jailbreak is released today so I can make my iPhone more usable.

Except Apple hasn't done any innovation, they take features from everyone else, change it a bit and then pretend they invented it. And then they patent it and sue anyone else that tries to use it after them if they can.

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
That's just not true. Apple has done quite a bit as well as Google. The opposite side of such a blanket statement would be that Android was stolen from Apple. Again, nothing but feeding the fire of fanboy vs fanboy. Both have their virtues and sins as well.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That's just not true. Apple has done quite a bit as well as Google. The opposite side of such a blanket statement would be that Android was stolen from Apple. Again, nothing but feeding the fire of fanboy vs fanboy. Both have their virtues and sins as well.

Except as you can see Android has a lot of new things about it that iOS still doesn't have so it's not really the same thing. Plus I never said Android was perfect, no OS ever will be.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Except as you can see Android has a lot of new things about it that iOS still doesn't have so it's not really the same thing. Plus I never said Android was perfect, no OS ever will be.

I remember my HTC g1 had universal search, the ability to click a phone number to send it right to dialer, click an address to go to map, etc. All the stuff you can't do now :/

And android is perfect for some, those who can code for Linux and make their phone into what they want.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I remember my HTC g1 had universal search, the ability to click a phone number to send it right to dialer, click an address to go to map, etc. All the stuff you can't do now :/

And android is perfect for some, those who can code for Linux and make their phone into what they want.

Perfect in terms of what certain people are looking for but perfect as in no flaws will never be attained by any tech IMO.

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll rather play dead trigger or sonic and knuckles on a 4.6 or 5 in screen lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

I used to consider Android:iOS like GameCube:pS2 when it comes to games. The former has a few very good games. The latter has many, many good games.

The Android gaming environment is improving a bit since there's more growth, but it concerns me that developers are disheartened by the rampant piracy in the platform.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I used to consider Android:iOS like GameCube:pS2 when it comes to games. The former has a few very good games. The latter has many, many good games.

The Android gaming environment is improving a bit since there's more growth, but it concerns me that developers are disheartened by the rampant piracy in the platform.

And what that boils down to is... unfortunately... the whole open source thing. It's so easy to snag a apk and put it online, however I pay for my stuff, why shouldn't everyone else?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
And what that boils down to is... unfortunately... the whole open source thing. It's so easy to snag a apk and put it online, however I pay for my stuff, why shouldn't everyone else?

An apk file doesn't guarantee that you can pirate the app. There is authentication on most apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance