What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Former iphone user here love my note 2!!!!
One thing iphone does better naturally is itunesU. There is no official app for it though there is tunes viewer. Problem is if the lecturer makes his lecture private, you need an ios device to login and see the content....

Yeah, one thing that annoys me is when people (such as lecturers) don't accommodate for Android users :-(

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, one thing that annoys me is when people (such as lecturers) don't accommodate for Android users :-(

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Been in the you section at Wal-Mart recently? Lots of toys that include the iPhone or iPad app. Think it off the entire section, I saw one or two that accommodated android. I'm stuck of everyone playing iPhone favoritism... look at market share, accommodate us who don't want the same old iCrap.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Been in the you section at Wal-Mart recently? Lots of toys that include the iPhone or iPad app. Think it off the entire section, I saw one or two that accommodated android. I'm stuck of everyone playing iPhone favoritism... look at market share, accommodate us who don't want the same old iCrap.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

It's pretty sad. But Amazon has some great stuff for Android phones.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

As iPhone's market share keeps shrinking and Android's keeps growing, those that want to only support iPhone will eventually be replaced by former competitors who chose to support Android.

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone certainly can't get people laughing when you hold it up to your ear, or make you look like you have a pizza box in your pocket. Lol. I honestly tried to get my wife to consider a Note 2 and she just gave me the evil eye - then she laughed and laughed when I told her it really was a phone.

SiriusXM

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone certainly can't get people laughing when you hold it up to your ear, or make you look like you have a pizza box in your pocket. Lol. I honestly tried to get my wife to consider a Note 2 and she just gave me the evil eye - then she laughed and laughed when I told her it really was a phone.

Woman prefer the S3 over the note because it's a little smaller with similar features minus the s-pen. I already promised my gf to get her the new S4 when it comes out because she hates her iphone 5 with a passion lil

Galaxy Note 2 - Tapatalk HD 2 - Best Buy - SiriusXM Radio

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Not that I'd get an iphone, mind you, but you can get it with more then 16gb of internal storage. I'm hoping the next round of Android phones (GN3, GS4, etc) rectify this.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys think, is the iphone still competitive with the galaxy note 2 or are we talking apples and oranges?

The iphone 5 has nothing on the galaxy Note 2. Not even close.

Apple's advantage used to be that you can just pick it up and use it because it was just so simple but now android is just as some if not easier than an iphone.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I think the Note 2 is overall superior to the iPhone 5 but I like the 3d sculpted look of the iOS buttons and some labels. I also like the flipping transitions between screens and the use by developers of deep looking transparent color icons.

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the Note 2 is overall superior to the iPhone 5 but I like the 3d sculpted look of the iOS buttons and some labels. I also like the flipping transitions between screens and the use by developers of deep looking transparent color icons.
You mean these icons? https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.Hace.Iphone5Screen&token=qadZkAxg
The ones that are available on the Google play store by the boat load? I skinned my daughters SGS2 to look just like an iphone. The best part is even though it looks the same as an iphone it still does way more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

SiriusXM

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
What does she hate about it?

She hates that the iphone 5 has very rudimentary user interface, she hates the restrictions that service providers place on the phone, she hates the small screen, and she hates the lack of customization.

SiriusXM

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Eww I hate the look of the iphone. Everything you just described makes me cringe lol. Android has surpassed the iOS with ice cream sandwich and jelly bean.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Eww I hate the look of the iphone. Everything you just described makes me cringe lol. Android has surpassed the iOS with ice cream sandwich and jelly bean.

To each their peach. I have a Note 2, so I use Jelly Bean via TouchWiz, but I still like the 3d sculpted look of the iOS buttons and some labels, the flipping transitions between screens and the use by iOS developers of deep looking transparent color icons. Not that the Note 2 is the pits or anything, it's nice and it's the first Android user interface that I like, but I do like those those touches of iOS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar