What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

Roflwaffle707

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going to switch back to a jail broken iPhone 5 until the galaxy s4 comes out. The note is too big and clunky + the camera is terrible.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to switch back to a jail broken iPhone 5 until the galaxy s4 comes out. The note is too big and clunky + the camera is terrible.

The camera on the Note II is great especially for a cell phone. And the size is definitely subjective but clunky sounds like an odd way to describe it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It's far from clunky... it's smooth, sure it's big but that's why it's the note...

And the camera is amazing.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Camera is good except in low light its not so good. Even with the low light setting. And if the flash goes off it gives the pics a blueish tint.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Because the flash is an ultra bright white led, which at it's frequency, does have a blue tint naturally... same with the headlights in my car.

I haven't had any issue with low light photos myself, it's the only way for me to get cute photos of my children... while they are sleeping... ;)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Although I haven't personally used the ip5, if you consider an un rooted gn2 and stock not jail broken ip5, I really can't imagine there's anything the iPhone can do that the note 2 can't. I'm still curious. Just read through a few pages of this thread and have yet to see anything worth noting that the ip5 can do that the note 2 can't.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Although I haven't personally used the ip5, if you consider an un rooted gn2 and stock not jail broken ip5, I really can't imagine there's anything the iPhone can do that the note 2 can't. I'm still curious. Just read through a few pages of this thread and have yet to see anything worth noting that the ip5 can do that the note 2 can't.

I agree and I think that is the whole point of this thread. If it wasn't it should have been.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe its just my husbands note, but his camera is awful. Even with flash, images are blurred, and grainy. My DNA snaps much better pictures with or without flash. That being said, the note is very smooth and def not clunky unless you are using an OB. Note 2>iPhone 5 in customization any day.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe its just my husbands note, but his camera is awful. Even with flash, images are blurred, and grainy. My DNA snaps much better pictures with or without flash. That being said, the note is very smooth and def not clunky unless you are using an OB. Note 2>iPhone 5 in customization any day.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

I think I would take the phone back if that is the case. The camera on the Note 2 is great. I have not had any issues at all and the reviews are all really good so it sounds like an isolated problem. Maybe get it checked out unless he doesn't care about the quality.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

Therk

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Galaxy Note II can't stream photos and videos to my Apple TV.

- - - Updated - - -

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

That's the problem there, it's an APPLE tv... just kidding but you think they want to include android support on it?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so for functionality you speak of streaming to a TV, not apple tv itself which the note can do with the all share dongle

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
And being as it's iAnything, I'm disinterested. I gave Apple it's chance. I have an iPhone 4s on my nightstand. Know the last time I used it? The day I found it. iOs seemed too simple for me, I don't like simplicity... You can take your Apple tv and hopefully enjoy it, but I'll stick to my Samsung smart tv which my note streams to fine.

Therk

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok so for functionality you speak of streaming to a TV, not apple tv itself which the note can do with the all share dongle

A dongle?? Why would I want to carry a silly extra dongle around that I might lose? iPhone wirelessly streams to Apple TV with no attachments.

Hey, I like Android too. But the question was asked what iPhone can do that Note II can't and I answered honestly. It was a big reason for my decision to go iPhone. It's so simple to walk in from a family outing, turn on the TV and there are the day's pictures and videos to share and enjoy. Cake!

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
A dongle?? Why would I want to carry a silly extra dongle around that I might lose? iPhone wirelessly streams to Apple TV with no attachments.

Hey, I like Android too. But the question was asked what iPhone can do that Note II can't and I answered honestly. It was a big reason for my decision to go iPhone. It's so simple to walk in from a family outing, turn on the TV and there are the day's pictures and videos to share and enjoy. Cake!

False, android CAN stream wirelessly to Apple tv. One such app is airsync.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12