" play only video data" ???

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So, I finally got some big 720 P and even 1080 P movies onto my device SD card. I had downloaded them on to my Mac using Pirate Bay and torrents.

However, I get the above message when trying to play each of the 3 downloads, and I don't get any audio. Bummer!

Is there anyway to get audio out of these files?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Try downloading another video player, like DicePlayer or MX Player. Might just be an audio format that isn't natively supported by the GN2.

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I tried both apps. The dice player could not play these videos at all. MX player however Iwas able to play them, but still no voice. Ugh!

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I tried both apps. The dice player could not play these videos at all. MX player however Iwas able to play them, but still no voice. Ugh!

What is the file format of the video you are trying to play? Specifically what type of encoding. You may need to re-encode them to something compatible.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, I use handbrake because I do my converting on my iMac. Can't remember what the current go-to conversion software is for windows. But I am sure someone on here has a suggestion.

Generally H.264 format works well. Many converter programs have presets for mobile devices now.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante