Best kickstand case?

reloadn

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
How does the Seidio Surface and Active compare in terms of grip and thickness?

Does either one have a slightly rubbery/soft feel? Or at least non-slippery?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Active is more secure and more protective. The surface is thinner and may work for most people but doesn't offer too much protection like the active.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Does the surface offer any dropping protection ? Not against dings or dents but im just concerned about cracking the screen... How much does it cost to replace a cracked screen anyway??

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the surface for my GS3, but plan on an active when I get the Note II.

Not much drop protection w/surface. Added the Convert, but didn't really want to keep switching it around.

Love the Seidio products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a better option then the Seidio ? Looks like the active might be the clear choice

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there a better option then the Seidio ? Looks like the active might be the clear choice

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have any experience with their kickstand cases, but Amzer also makes one for the Galaxy Note 2.
Protection looks good and the price is definitely good ($9.95). And they have 5 different colors to choose from.

Amazon.com: Amzer AMZ95207 TPU Skin Case Cover with Kickstand for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100

51eZNWaTDqL._SY300_.jpg
412%2BjDGxnIL._SY300_.jpg
419MHRTd-BL._SY300_.jpg

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the Active case with the holster and I am happy with it. It is definitely more grippy than the the phone without a case, but not quite as grippy as I thought it would be. But the phone does feel secure in that case and I no longer feel like I have to handle it like a raw egg in fear of scratching anything on it. The kickstand works great, and the magnet keeps it securely in place until needed. The magnet causes no issues with the screen or the s pen at all. Good case, a bit pricey but it's quality materials. The kickstand in that Amzer case looks like it's made out of some chinsy plastic, I much prefer the look of the Seidio Active case.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Do any of these cases work in both portrait and landscape?

Also, there are reports in the Seido thread that the magnet has caused some S-Pen interference.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking but all I see are landscape-only.

I really like that Amzer case but it's very limited in color choices. If it had a blue or red I'd have ordered it already.

Update Dec 4th: Still can't find the perfect case, gave up and pulled the trigger on the Amzer tonight. It's cheap enough that if they come out with other colors I'll get another. Or maybe I'll get to like the white case.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463