12-21-2012 02:35 PM
78 1234
tools
    Wow something I don't like, hmmm the s pen could have been I Lil bigger think about it huge phone lil pen Or it could just be my big hands

Sent from Note II... size Magnum!
    12-07-2012 12:05 AM
    I have the option to disable shutter sound in my camera app, I have had it turned off since getting my phone and have not had it make sound since then.

My only complaint is still having the samsung keypad being the default keypad after power cycle or battery swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    12-07-2012 12:22 AM
    I have the option to disable shutter sound in my camera app, I have had it turned off since getting my phone and have not had it make sound since then.

My only complaint is still having the samsung keypad being the default keypad after power cycle or battery swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Or just turn down your matter volume all the way. .. No sounds after that

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    12-07-2012 08:08 AM
    I earlier listed the real home button as something I disliked but now I'm changing my mind. It's actually easier to unlock phone with instead of feeling for side button. My phone usually ships in my desk so now I push and slide with one finger to unlock instead of squeezing and sliding using my whole hand. Something small but when you do it alot through the course of one day it really is a pleasure to have that button!

12-07-2012 08:13 AM
    I just hate the fact that you cant disable the shutter sound on the camera, so I'm about to download a silent camera app, then I wont have anything to complain about anymore. Surprising I have adapted to the power button quite fast. I was trying to press it on my EVO when I realized that is at the top on the EVO, so I have no problem with the power button
    I don't have this problem with my camera

One thing bout G-Note 2 that really, really bothers u-uploadfromtaptalk1354891316583.jpg

Sent from the unparalleled Note 2
    12-07-2012 08:42 AM
    I don't have this problem with my camera

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354891316583.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	50013

See I dnt have that option, whose your carrier
    Attached Thumbnails One thing bout G-Note 2 that really, really bothers u-uploadfromtaptalk1354900631445.jpg  
    12-07-2012 11:17 AM
    I actually really like those dots (only have three total for the three screens, deleted the others). I find it a lot easier and more convenient to hit the middle one with my finger (or S-Pen) to get back to the home screen instead of having to move down off the screen and press the physical home button which also requires more force requiring you to grip the phone harder so it doesn't fall out of your hand. That's really the only thing that bothers me about the phone. I would've preferred a capacitive home button.
    Or, you could just swipe to your home screen like the rest of us.
    12-07-2012 11:21 AM
    See I dnt have that option, whose your carrier
    I'm not the person you asked, but I'm on AT&T and can confirm that I also have the option to enable/disable the shutter sound.

12-07-2012 11:35 AM
    I'm AT&T as well. Man carriers do some mind numbing things to phones. ..

12-07-2012 11:47 AM
    I'm not the person you asked, but I'm on AT&T and can confirm that I also have the option to enable/disable the shutter sound.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...7-11-33-14.png
    I'm AT&T as well. Man carriers do some mind numbing things to phones. ..

Wow, yea I'm on sprint. Hope another sprint user can verify this
    12-07-2012 12:02 PM
    The phone is so big it won't fit in my cupholder. I always put my phone in my cupholder. Now I need to get some kind of car mount that can hold a phone this big but doesn't cost $2.4M.

First world problems....
    12-07-2012 01:32 PM
    The phone is so big it won't fit in my cupholder. I always put my phone in my cupholder. Now I need to get some kind of car mount that can hold a phone this big but doesn't cost $2.4M.

First world problems....
    Or get a new car with bigger cup holders!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Nibs likes this.
    12-07-2012 01:37 PM
    I'm on Sprint and do not see the shutter sound toggle in the settings...
    12-07-2012 01:41 PM
    A lot of you complaining about the power button have never been Samsung owners before lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    12-07-2012 01:54 PM

First world problems....
    Might I suggest this: Review: Cobra Universal Cigarette Lighter Mount - BriefMobile. I bought one and haven't looked back. For around $20, works with any phone, the stickiness is really effective without gumming up your phone. They also make a window/dash/suction cup mount style. When the sticky area gets too dusty or dirty and loses its stickiness, just spray and/or wipe a little water on it to clean it off and the stickiness comes right back. It doesn't charge, but I keep a separate charger in another power outlet that I just plug in to the bottom. The great thing about this is you can orient your phone either way, and the charging port is never obstructed. And of course, you can bend and twist it any way you need. It was the perfect solution for me.

Here is a picture:

12-07-2012 02:47 PM
    I'm on Sprint and do not see the shutter sound toggle in the settings...
    yea I think we're the only ones whose carrier disable this function, I've had to download a silent camera app to fix this problem
    12-07-2012 03:27 PM
    I HATE the fact tat when I go to view my pictures on the computer there are no thumbnails. That pisses me off BIG time. I am looking for a fix for this but am unable to find one. Am I the only one with this problem?
    12-09-2012 11:35 PM
    I HATE the fact tat when I go to view my pictures on the computer there are no thumbnails. That pisses me off BIG time. I am looking for a fix for this but am unable to find one. Am I the only one with this problem?
    Yeah, Samsung decided to set theS3 and the N2 as media devices that use MPT when you plug it to your computer, instead of a normal USB mass storage device. It really sucks.
    12-09-2012 11:56 PM
    Sprint carrier here, no option to disable shutter sound.
    12-10-2012 07:16 AM
    1. TMo user here - silent shutter option is present.

2. Button on top? My last couple devices had the button on top - what a pain the a$$, especially depending on what hand I happened to be using at the time. The placement on the side is perfect.

My complaints (these are probably general Android complaints and not necessarily GN2 specific):

- I wish the lock screen didn't need an OK button at all (but I sorta understand that helps to keep people from guessing how many digits). The placement of the OK button on the right hand side of the key pad makes left hand use especially annoying on our (GN2 users) wide screens.
    - The built-in task list is useless if there are no Categories or Tags. Also, it strangely doesn't sync with Google Tasks. Not a biggie because I guess I don't mind NOT using Outlook. Currently am trying both GTasks with Google Tasks sync and Wunderlist with their own sync.
    12-10-2012 09:16 AM
    Sprint carrier here, no option to disable shutter sound.
    Make sure and click "Thanks"!

https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/
    the devastator likes this.
    12-10-2012 11:26 PM
    What bothered me was the nature theme.. From the water rippled locked screen right down to the water droplet sound that was produced by touching the screen. Widget locker has taken care of the lock screen & root has taken care of the water droplet sound. I also kinda wished that Samsung kept the four capacitive button layout or maybe opt for customizable onscreen softkeys

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    12-10-2012 11:50 PM
    I surprisingly like Samsung's added functionalities with the SPen and such. I even like their keyboard which doesn't seem very popular 'round these parts. However, compared to Android's stock Holo theme, Touch Wiz looks very amatuer. From the Icons, to the call screen, to text messaging app,to the needlessly crowded notification shade with that annoying wifi prompt and pointless brightness slider. Im not looking fwd to CM10 because that means I won't be able to use all the Sammy features I love - like multi window and the SPen features

12-11-2012 12:41 AM
    Docomo (Japan) user.

- No shutter sound off option
    - No S Voice. But G.Voice is superior so no real worry there. But I would like to use some of the voice commands
    - No ability to root Japanese version yet
    - Samsung "Swype" doesn't work in all apps
    - She's still only a few days old, so no real complaints just yet. Sooooo much better than my OG Note!
    12-11-2012 01:22 AM
    Do I just save this to my phone and open it?
    12-11-2012 07:11 AM
78 1234