One thing bout G-Note 2 that really, really bothers u

WSPEpsilon

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Purely software issues which i guess most would be...

1. Love the handwriting recognition but wish it at least attempted to auto space...

2. Not sure if it's just me but the stock keyboard doesn't seem to be allowing me to add words to the personal dictionary. Even tried adding them manually but it still doesn't recognize them.

3. Really should have made a way for more/all apps to run in multi mode. I know there's a mod floating around out there but i just don't have much of a desire to mess around these days... Plus i don't want to lose any of the S Pen functionality.

4. My favorite pdf editor sees the difference between the s pen and my finger which is actually great and could lead to some amazing functionality but it just flat out doesn't work with the S pen... all i can do is move the page around with it :( Not the GN2's fault but still an annoyance...

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
love everything bout the phone...........except the screen size. I truly hate 16:9, whether its on T.V. or a Tablet. But its worse on a phone cause I happen tu hold it in portrait mode most of the time. , if only Samsung would stretch the screen way more out towards the bezel or juss make the phone wider. I juss hate a narrow screen when in portrait mode. Im dyin tu see the specs on the G-Note 3 :-$ :-$ :-$

You don't like 16:9 even on a TV? Uh? Guess you don't care for HDTV or movie theaters? ;) Also, it's a good thing they made the phone narrower. It's easier to hold. It's also a change they made based on feedback from the Note 1.

Those incredibly annoying TouchWiz home screen indicator dots. Can't get rid of them, and it takes up an entire row. Big waste of screen space, and one of the main reasons I installed Nova Launcher, even though I give up S-Pen functionality.

I actually really like those dots (only have three total for the three screens, deleted the others). I find it a lot easier and more convenient to hit the middle one with my finger (or S-Pen) to get back to the home screen instead of having to move down off the screen and press the physical home button which also requires more force requiring you to grip the phone harder so it doesn't fall out of your hand. That's really the only thing that bothers me about the phone. I would've preferred a capacitive home button. :)

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The power button. I keep hitting it by accident.

Quick glance...not sure if it's just my phone or what but it takes a good 5 seconds after hovering my hand over the sensor. Not so quick, it's easier to just hit the home or power buttons.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I just hate the fact that you cant disable the shutter sound on the camera, so I'm about to download a silent camera app, then I wont have anything to complain about anymore. Surprising I have adapted to the power button quite fast. I was trying to press it on my EVO when I realized that is at the top on the EVO, so I have no problem with the power button

weber022676

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of the camera, I hate having to re-enter my preferred picture settings every time I open the camera. It always resets itself.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

borgdog

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I really hate is the dam location services icon always on, no way to disable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I really hate is the dam location services icon always on, no way to disable.

Speaking of the camera, I hate having to re-enter my preferred picture settings every time I open the camera. It always resets itself.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

I just hate the fact that you cant disable the shutter sound on the camera, so I'm about to download a silent camera app, then I wont have anything to complain about anymore. Surprising I have adapted to the power button quite fast. I was trying to press it on my EVO when I realized that is at the top on the EVO, so I have no problem with the power button

The power button. I keep hitting it by accident.

Quick glance...not sure if it's just my phone or what but it takes a good 5 seconds after hovering my hand over the sensor. Not so quick, it's easier to just hit the home or power buttons.

These issues alone would annoy me enough that I may reconsider getting one.

From an Eclipsed GNEX

borgdog

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

From an Eclipsed GNEX

Don't get me wrong I love the phone! Op was just looking for one annoying thing, had to come up with something.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

From an Eclipsed GNEX

well to make you feel a little bit better, i went on a worldwide search to disable shutter sound, turns out all new phones *supposedly* now have this feature for privacy laws, not taking pics of ppl without their consent, pssh watevs, i still hate it

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

From an Eclipsed GNEX

yea like borgdog said, the phone is awesome. i have no regrets. everyday is an adventure with this phone. there's always some cool feature u discover that you didn't know you had. Definitely worth buying!

MajorAttitude

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow something I don't like, hmmm the s pen could have been I Lil bigger think about it huge phone lil pen Or it could just be my big hands

Sent from Note II... size Magnum!

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the option to disable shutter sound in my camera app, I have had it turned off since getting my phone and have not had it make sound since then.

My only complaint is still having the samsung keypad being the default keypad after power cycle or battery swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the option to disable shutter sound in my camera app, I have had it turned off since getting my phone and have not had it make sound since then.

My only complaint is still having the samsung keypad being the default keypad after power cycle or battery swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Or just turn down your matter volume all the way. .. No sounds after that

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I earlier listed the real home button as something I disliked but now I'm changing my mind. It's actually easier to unlock phone with instead of feeling for side button. My phone usually ships in my desk so now I push and slide with one finger to unlock instead of squeezing and sliding using my whole hand. Something small but when you do it alot through the course of one day it really is a pleasure to have that button!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't have this problem with my camera

uploadfromtaptalk1354891316583.jpg

Sent from the unparalleled Note 2

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I actually really like those dots (only have three total for the three screens, deleted the others). I find it a lot easier and more convenient to hit the middle one with my finger (or S-Pen) to get back to the home screen instead of having to move down off the screen and press the physical home button which also requires more force requiring you to grip the phone harder so it doesn't fall out of your hand. That's really the only thing that bothers me about the phone. I would've preferred a capacitive home button. :)
Or, you could just swipe to your home screen like the rest of us. :p

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
See I dnt have that option, whose your carrier
I'm not the person you asked, but I'm on AT&T and can confirm that I also have the option to enable/disable the shutter sound.

Screenshots_2012-12-07-11-33-14.png

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084