One thing bout G-Note 2 that really, really bothers u

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The phone is so big it won't fit in my cupholder. I always put my phone in my cupholder. Now I need to get some kind of car mount that can hold a phone this big but doesn't cost $2.4M.

First world problems....

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The phone is so big it won't fit in my cupholder. I always put my phone in my cupholder. Now I need to get some kind of car mount that can hold a phone this big but doesn't cost $2.4M.

First world problems....

Or get a new car with bigger cup holders!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
A lot of you complaining about the power button have never been Samsung owners before lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

First world problems....

Might I suggest this: Review: Cobra Universal Cigarette Lighter Mount - BriefMobile. I bought one and haven't looked back. For around $20, works with any phone, the stickiness is really effective without gumming up your phone. They also make a window/dash/suction cup mount style. When the sticky area gets too dusty or dirty and loses its stickiness, just spray and/or wipe a little water on it to clean it off and the stickiness comes right back. It doesn't charge, but I keep a separate charger in another power outlet that I just plug in to the bottom. The great thing about this is you can orient your phone either way, and the charging port is never obstructed. And of course, you can bend and twist it any way you need. It was the perfect solution for me.

Here is a picture:

41u6%2B9WKf8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Maud Pouliot

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I HATE the fact tat when I go to view my pictures on the computer there are no thumbnails. That pisses me off BIG time. I am looking for a fix for this but am unable to find one. Am I the only one with this problem?

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I HATE the fact tat when I go to view my pictures on the computer there are no thumbnails. That pisses me off BIG time. I am looking for a fix for this but am unable to find one. Am I the only one with this problem?
Yeah, Samsung decided to set theS3 and the N2 as media devices that use MPT when you plug it to your computer, instead of a normal USB mass storage device. It really sucks.

Uristocles

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
1. TMo user here - silent shutter option is present.

2. Button on top? My last couple devices had the button on top - what a pain the a$$, especially depending on what hand I happened to be using at the time. The placement on the side is perfect.

My complaints (these are probably general Android complaints and not necessarily GN2 specific):

- I wish the lock screen didn't need an OK button at all (but I sorta understand that helps to keep people from guessing how many digits). The placement of the OK button on the right hand side of the key pad makes left hand use especially annoying on our (GN2 users) wide screens.
- The built-in task list is useless if there are no Categories or Tags. Also, it strangely doesn't sync with Google Tasks. Not a biggie because I guess I don't mind NOT using Outlook. Currently am trying both GTasks with Google Tasks sync and Wunderlist with their own sync.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
What bothered me was the nature theme.. From the water rippled locked screen right down to the water droplet sound that was produced by touching the screen. Widget locker has taken care of the lock screen & root has taken care of the water droplet sound. I also kinda wished that Samsung kept the four capacitive button layout or maybe opt for customizable onscreen softkeys

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I surprisingly like Samsung's added functionalities with the SPen and such. I even like their keyboard which doesn't seem very popular 'round these parts. However, compared to Android's stock Holo theme, Touch Wiz looks very amatuer. From the Icons, to the call screen, to text messaging app,to the needlessly crowded notification shade with that annoying wifi prompt and pointless brightness slider. Im not looking fwd to CM10 because that means I won't be able to use all the Sammy features I love - like multi window and the SPen features

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

d1g1n1xy

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Docomo (Japan) user.

- No shutter sound off option
- No S Voice. But G.Voice is superior so no real worry there. But I would like to use some of the voice commands
- No ability to root Japanese version yet
- Samsung "Swype" doesn't work in all apps
- She's still only a few days old, so no real complaints just yet. Sooooo much better than my OG Note!

seand26

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No "Move to SD" feature although this is regulated by the OS. Hate that they took this out. And as a Sprint user the already stated, beating a dead horse response - camera shutter sound.

Anyone who doesnload the Silent shutter app, does it automatically turn it off when in Vibrate or Silent mode?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781