Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a commuter and my dad has a defender. There's a difference in thickness but not much. With the case on it feels like I have a cinder block in my pocket lol. But it protects it tho :) I got mine the day I got my beast at the Sprint store.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

amcjavelinsst

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a Defender before I got my GN2

Took ages so I got one when I got my phone

finally Came in the post

Now I have 2 I can just swap cases and clean at my leisure

Screen gap is of no real concern to me and any minor ingress of particles over time is also no biggie

Happy to know that when it does get dropped in the future that it is in arguably the best case for protection

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Android Central Forums

bpeter

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I have multiple cases/holsters but the Otterbox Defender is my only choice when I?m out on my Fatboy.

My only problem with the case was the fact that the installed screen protector left a gap between itself and the SGN2 display. The double-tap feel drove me crazy whenever I used the S-Pen. If you get one do yourself a favor and push-out the lame screen protector and get a decent one (I got mine from Speigen).

Each of my phones and tables across the years have been protected by Otterbox products and you cannot beat their customer service. Something breaks ? they make it right. I had a Defender for my Droid Charge; clip form the holster cracked as I was sliding down a ladder (unintentionally), called them and asked how much a replacement would cost as it was definitely my fault. The sent me another one at no cost ? they even paid for the shipping.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I dont see why you guys cant pop out the screen protector. Yes its crappy cause the major concern is the case and not the actual screen protector. The phone isnt that bulky with the defender case(i love bulkiness so maybe its just me :D) i slapped on a sgp ultra crystal cause i got tierd of zaggs crappy(including the hd, looks no where near as good as spigens) looking one hehe.. Overall great case, no problems whatsoever and am not too worried if it drops(kinnda am cause i baby my n2 even inna case) Buy buy buy it! :thumbup::D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have multiple cases/holsters but the Otterbox Defender is my only choice when I?m out on my Fatboy.

My only problem with the case was the fact that the installed screen protector left a gap between itself and the SGN2 display. The double-tap feel drove me crazy whenever I used the S-Pen. If you get one do yourself a favor and push-out the lame screen protector and get a decent one (I got mine from Speigen).

Each of my phones and tables across the years have been protected by Otterbox products and you cannot beat their customer service. Something breaks ? they make it right. I had a Defender for my Droid Charge; clip form the holster cracked as I was sliding down a ladder (unintentionally), called them and asked how much a replacement would cost as it was definitely my fault. The sent me another one at no cost ? they even paid for the shipping.

The clip on my defender case broke yesterday. :(

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
The clip on my defender case broke yesterday. :(

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

call or email Otterbox... when this happened on my last Otterbox Defender case, they shipped me a replacement holster within a week. :) Otterbox's customer service has always been excellent.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
It might be just me but i find it kind of odd using the belt clip with the n2 cause of its size. I love its hugeness but it looks kinnda funky at my side lol. So i just put it in my pocket. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It might be just me but i find it kind of odd using the belt clip with the n2 cause of its size. I love its hugeness but it looks kinnda funky at my side lol. So i just put it in my pocket. :)

What's that there in your pocket? Oh, its a phone. :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I love my otterbox the way I see it is if your worried about how big it makes the phone then you shouldn't have this big phone anyways. Lol bigger is better!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I love my otterbox the way I see it is if your worried about how big it makes the phone then you shouldn't have this big phone anyways. Lol bigger is better!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Love my Behemoth.. :thumbup::D

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Love my Behemoth.. :thumbup::D

I only wish my Otterbox Defender Note 2 can have rubber that's slightly softer.
(like on the Defender case for the Galaxy Nexus because it makes the case less slippery)

Otterbox switched to a different rubber that attracts less lint, but a little more slipery)