How do you draw on a picture?

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
There is an advanced photo editor option but when I select it it brings up paper artist.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I have the Sprint version and I do have the photo editor installed from Samsung apps but when you click on draw on photo it lets you draw on the back of the photo not on the front.:mad:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
No there is no appstore. It seems to be missing from many phones. Anyhow I got this link from doing a search on these forums. If you follow theee directions you will have the official editor.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] RocketROM v2 - JB - 4.1.1- XXLS2 [Update 11/06] FAST/STABLE - Forget ICS ;)

- - - Updated - - -

The above is not for root or rom you just download and install it. Works great

Just installed this. Works perfectly on my Verizon N2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just installed this. Works perfectly on my Verizon N2.

I installed the same app from the link above, but this doesn't do anything for me. What else needs to be done in order for me to write on pictures?

Thanks, Casey

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I installed the same app from the link above, but this doesn't do anything for me. What else needs to be done in order for me to write on pictures?

Thanks, Casey

Go to your gallery and select any picture you want to draw on. Then press the menu button and chose advanced edit then photo editor. Then, along the bottom right of the screen, you'll see a decorations tab. Select that and you'll see an option to draw on the image. Good to go!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Go to your gallery and select any picture you want to draw on. Then press the menu button and chose advanced edit then photo editor. Then, along the bottom right of the screen, you'll see a decorations tab. Select that and you'll see an option to draw on the image. Good to go!

Ahhhh yes, yes! Works now! I was making the stupid mistake of pressing the button on the pen and trying to draw on the picture. When I didn't press the button on the pen, then I was able to draw on the pic. Duhhh!

Thanks! Casey

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ahhhh yes, yes! Works now! I was making the stupid mistake of pressing the button on the pen and trying to draw on the picture. When I didn't press the button on the pen, then I was able to draw on the pic. Duhhh!

Thanks! Casey

This is so cool ! I love it ! I can sure have fun with this !

Casey

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the Sprint version and I do have the photo editor installed from Samsung apps but when you click on draw on photo it lets you draw on the back of the photo not on the front.:mad:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Don't click on "draw on photo", click on Advanced Edit and then select the Photo Editor. Then, to actually draw something, click on "Decoration" and you'll be able to draw.

Thanks again to Sprint for not mucking the phone up like what the other carriers, cough cough, Verizon, do.

cobaltmarie

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think my USC version phone works like that. I get a different menu that doesn't include the advanced edit option.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354560142797.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354560142797.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 269

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think my USC version phone works like that. I get a different menu that doesn't include the advanced edit option.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

There's more to that menu than what's on the screen. Scroll down a bit and you'll see advanced edit.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time with this. Draw on image mirrors the photo and puts a water mark on it "Galaxy photo edit". Advanced edit goes directly to paper artist. No option pops up to choose photo editor or paper artist. How do i simply draw on this picture? Why am I finding this so difficult?

Edit: Hmm...well I restarted the phone and I tried again and it did give me the option of choosing photo editor or paper artist. But when I click photo editor it tells me it's not installed so I click download and nothing happens. I tried downloading skitch ( I have it and love it on my mac but it keeps freezing when I use the s pen). I also searched for the photo editor made my samsung (in the play store and in samsung apps) and it says "version not compatible with your ddevice".

I just buckled and used my iPhone. I'm kind of irritated right now.

Last edited:

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
this does not work on the ATT version. Considering this is one of the major features i was looking forward too as my work requires me to take lots of photos that i need to put notations on.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
this does not work on the ATT version. Considering this is one of the major features i was looking forward too as my work requires me to take lots of photos that i need to put notations on.

Are you saying that you downloaded and ran the apk above and it doesnt work? I also am on the AT&T variant.
I did not receive the Photo Editor, and I have the samsung apps from google play, of which it is my understanding that if a app is NOT compatible with your device GPlay will not allow you to execute the download.
Does anyone know if this is the latest version of the PE?

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Photo editor installed however I still have no options to open a photo in it directly from a photo as other Do. I have to take a pic, open photo editor, load pic ect for every pic and it's a pain in the ass

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Funny, but even on stock and the original note, all you had to do was capture the screen, don't automatically select "save or the check mark". You then will be able to write or annotate a screen capture immediately. You then click the check Mark and it will save it to your "image edited" folder(that is, as long as you have the default location set from stock).

And there are two versions of the app store by Samsung. Version 1 is in the play store, but version 2 had to be downloaded from Samsung (that's unless something has changed in the last couple weeks). The cool version (version 2), has always told me that for USA, the selection of apps weren't available. But you can tell the different versions because the first is dark themed abs the second is white/grey themed.

I really wish we had the screen record in more than s-note as I could illustrate.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok there we go! A screen capture is Worth a thousand words!:cool:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357707829822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357707829822.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 44

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Funny, but even on stock and the original note, all you had to do was capture the screen, don't automatically select "save or the check mark". You then will be able to write or annotate a screen capture immediately. You then click the check Mark and it will save it to your "image edited" folder(that is, as long as you have the default location set from stock).

And there are two versions of the app store by Samsung. Version 1 is in the play store, but version 2 had to be downloaded from Samsung (that's unless something has changed in the last couple weeks). The cool version (version 2), has always told me that for USA, the selection of apps weren't available. But you can tell the different versions because the first is dark themed abs the second is white/grey themed.

I really wish we had the screen record in more than s-note as I could illustrate.

I dont get it? I did a screen cap but still have no option to write on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair