How do you draw on a picture?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh thats a simple one...open gallery and choose whatever photo you want to draw on. Now hit the settings button (left of home button) you are now greeted with a selections of options including the option to draw on front or back.

Remember that almost all apps including system apps use this additional setting button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Just checked and apparently for some like me when you do that,, hit draw on photo, it only gives back option. What I just learned is the option above that called photo frame allows you to write on front. Maybe this is a sprint thing? I don't know but that's the way it is on my sprint note.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

mhenne4

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So I have downloaded the Samsung app store, and the photo editor.

My issues are that if I want to draw on the picture, I have to manually open the photo editor app and then the picture I want to edit.

I am still unable to find an option (under the "soft button" ) to open the picture and go direct to photo editor.

All I have is open to paper artist.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, mine is on AT&T. My cousin who's on T-Mobile don't have this option to draw on the Front, just on the Back. I guess it depends on your carrier.
I just go to my stock gallery, select any pictures, select the Menu (left of Home button), and my options arw there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362163403767.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362163403767.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 94

mhenne4

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, mine is on AT&T. My cousin who's on T-Mobile don't have this option to draw on the Front, just on the Back. I guess it depends on your carrier.
I just go to my stock gallery, select any pictures, select the Menu (left of Home button), and my options arw there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Your "draw on front" will crop the photo and put a "white space" at the bottom of the picture for writing. I have that option on At&t.

I do not in any way have a method of opening photo editor from the photo itself. I have to manually open the photo editor app and then choose a pic to edit.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My bad...i am rommed and have been since early november...I just assumed you guys had basic features like these built in. Cleanrom ftw.

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Your "draw on front" will crop the photo and put a "white space" at the bottom of the picture for writing. I have that option on At&t.

I do not in any way have a method of opening photo editor from the photo itself. I have to manually open the photo editor app and then choose a pic to edit.

X2 on AT&T

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Before and after editing

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362245328586.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362245328586.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362245342244.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362245342244.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 86

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Im from the US and have AT&T as my carrier. Just got the note 2 a few days ago. I downloaded the photo editor from the link or post on previous page. But it doesnt do anything like no advanced edit when I hit menu on a picture in the gallery. Any idea? I also csn do note on front but csnt do kuch like decorations or stamps.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Im from the US and have AT&T as my carrier. Just got the note 2 a few days ago. I downloaded the photo editor from the link or post on previous page. But it doesnt do anything like no advanced edit when I hit menu on a picture in the gallery. Any idea? I also csn do note on front but csnt do kuch like decorations or stamps.

If you follow my directions from the previous page about downloading an app called photo editor from the samsung appstore you will have the features you are asking about. You may have to use the app though instead of using the built in editor. Every carrier has modified the phone a little differently so how exactly you access these features will vary.

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
wow you people are making this waaaaaaaaay too difficult. I did exactly as the op said and it works fine for me and I'm on verizon. You must first download the samsung app store if you don't have it and then download photo editor from there. Take a picture and then open the menu options,scroll down select advanced edit and then photo editor. The frirst time you use it it will say photo editor is not loaded on your phone and it asks if you want to load it , obviously you say yes. Now you're set to go , it really is simple. If I can do it anyone can.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Sorry! I'm trying not to be difficult.

I dont see the directions though the just the link to download the photoeditor which I did. But im not seeing thr post with directions?

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Now drop and give me twenty.

Sent from my Note 2 using Android Central Forums

Just looked the second post in this entire thread has instructions on how to draw on a picture using advance edit. Not instructions on how to install. Cause I dont have advsnce edit in my menu. I scrolled and dont have it. Unless there are other instructions I'm missing

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Just looked the second post in this entire thread has instructions on how to draw on a picture using advance edit. Not instructions on how to install. Cause I dont have advsnce edit in my menu. I scrolled and dont have it. Unless there are other instructions I'm missing

have you done your 20 situps yet? I'm curious which menu you're looking at.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
have you done your 20 situps yet? I'm curious which menu you're looking at.

Lol I actually just finished working out!

I would show you my screen but when I'm in the gallery and I try to swipe my hand to take screen shot it just moves to next pix and I don't know how to take pic any other way lol.

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Lol I actually just finished working out!

I would show you my screen but when I'm in the gallery and I try to swipe my hand to take screen shot it just moves to next pix and I don't know how to take pic any other way lol.

i think that taking screenshots by swiping your hand across the screen has to be configured in your settings. As far as setting up your photo editor all I can say is I'm not an AT&T fan.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Okay I went to an app and took a screen shot of something so I could open it in my gallery. I was able to crop it and just started playing Around with the s-pen and pressed the button on the pen that I didn't know was there lol and I was able to write on it with out opening the menu. No fancy "decorations" menu but it works. Better than nothing lol 1

Last edited:

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
You're getting there! You'll figure it our eventually. I'm definitely not a smartphone expert but it's become obvious to me that this phone is not the easiest phone on the market to learn.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11