20-40% battery loss overnight

ecs180

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
i did...its all kernel...not sure where to go from there

also..i turned off only the stand alone gps and that helped a lot with the constant searching for location

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Turn Off 3G & Wifi. It will save lot

I disagree, I leave WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS on 24/7 and get on average 22 - 26 hours on one charge. And it is about the same if not less if I turn them off. I think everyone should read the post here:
androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/618583-truth-about-your-battery.html

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I shut virtually everything before going to bed last night and still lost 20% approximately. Maybe need to turn off wifi before bed? Is this issue with all carriers? I'm using at&t. This is not a big deal, more of an annoyance because during the day with use the battery life is great so why does it drain so much overnight!

View attachment 49462

Sent from the unparalleled Note 2

Something in the OS possibly an app is the issue here. Your screen should almost always use the most power. Anything that uses more power than the screen is probably your culprit. I dont know what this wake lock thing is, but I have never had that problem in the 4 months ive owned the phone. I consistently get 24 hours use with maybe 9-10 hours of screen on time. Your best bet is to use a battery monitor of some type so you can narrow down the problem.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this on mine since the last update. It was less than 5% running on the previous os. Is Multi View to blame? No matter what I do it's losing about 20% overnight too.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who has task killers and juice defenders, DELETE it. It's not helping with the battery losses, but instead, it's making it worst by not putting it to Deep Sleep.

Buy and install Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro. Puts your phone into deep sleep with various settings. (More options if you root your phone, I did). AWESOME app. You're welcome. :D

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
For those of you who has task killers and juice defenders, DELETE it. It's not helping with the battery losses, but instead, it's making it worst by not putting it to Deep Sleep.

Buy and install Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro. Puts your phone into deep sleep with various settings. (More options if you root your phone, I did). AWESOME app. You're welcome. :D

I don't understand the point, help me please. What is the point of having a smartphone that can do all these amazing things if you just want to carry around a paperweight in your pocket. Just buy a spare battery. The back cover is by far the easiest I ever had as far as taking off. I actually have 5 battery's.. I would say I run into a situation about twice a week where I need to swap my battery out.. It takes 10 seconds to change the battery (yes I timed myself lol) and phone reboots in less then 20 seconds. The point Is i can enjoy my note 2 the way it is ment to be enjoyed,, not shutting down all the wonderful features of a smartphone. This is just my opinion and my suggestion and I am in no way :D saying this in a hostile tone so please, nobody jump down my throat. Lol

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the point, help me please. What is the point of having a smartphone that can do all these amazing things if you just want to carry around a paperweight in your pocket. Just buy a spare battery. The back cover is by far the easiest I ever had as far as taking off. I actually have 5 battery's.. I would say I run into a situation about twice a week where I need to swap my battery out.. It takes 10 seconds to change the battery (yes I timed myself lol) and phone reboots in less then 20 seconds. The point Is i can enjoy my note 2 the way it is ment to be enjoyed,, not shutting down all the wonderful features of a smartphone. This is just my opinion and my suggestion and I am in no way :D saying this in a hostile tone so please, nobody jump down my throat. Lol

I don't have a spare battery, but i am near a power source enough to plug in when necessary. I couldn't agree with you more. All the posts about turning off GPS, BT, other location services, push email, etc, etc. These are all benefits and the price to having a smart phone. Enjoy it for all it does!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that horrible drain.
Android os has NEVER been number 1 on my device in the list, here how my phone looks now.
Granted it's only been off the charger for 3 hrs I have screens of long term I'll post too . you definitely have something wrong here.

5udy3a9u.jpg

ajysareq.jpg
yhumu7un.jpg

Honestly, I'd start fresh and reload the OS
I never loose more than a couple percent over night, this phones battery is incredible, i never had a phone that lasted so long.

Sent from my ATT Note 2!

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
And honestly I leave wifi, gps data and everything on and never loose more than a few percent.
I'm stock not rooted.

Sent from my ATT Note 2!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
And honestly I leave wifi, gps data and everything on and never loose more than a few percent.
I'm stock not rooted.

Sent from my ATT Note 2!

Im rommed but dont have a custom kernel that affects battery life. Your pics look just like mine as far as apps running. Other than gps I never turn off wifi or bluetooth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I turn off Wi-Fi when I leave my house.
Never have bt on until I replace the Bluetooth I broke.
Location always on.
Moderate to heavy usage.
Brightness around 15-20%

Lasts all day

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I shut virtually everything before going to bed last night and still lost 20% approximately. Maybe need to turn off wifi before bed? Is this issue with all carriers? I'm using at&t. This is not a big deal, more of an annoyance because during the day with use the battery life is great so why does it drain so much overnight!

View attachment 49462

Sent from the unparalleled Note 2

Your maps app seems to be the culprit. The OS is high because your maps is causing you system to stay awake.. If you sleeping maps shouldn't be doing anything.

Try clearing the cache on maps and ensure its close and not using up cpu while you sleep.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Your maps app seems to be the culprit. The OS is high because your maps is causing you system to stay awake.. If you sleeping maps shouldn't be doing anything.

Try clearing the cache on maps and ensure its close and not using up cpu while you sleep.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Great observation. May have a app that is causing that in the background.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome