20-40% battery loss overnight

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Air Plane mode did indeed help battery drain by allot. I only lost a few percent.

The down side is I can't receive important calls.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Air Plane mode did indeed help battery drain by allot. I only lost a few percent.

The down side is I can't receive important calls.

Agreed, but I don't usually go to sleep until around 12 or so, so anyone calling at that time, is either drunk, or simply impolite :p

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I get better battery life with Wifi on because the signal in my house, let alone bedroom isn't good. I get 1 bar of 4G maybe 2 if my phone is in the right area and I don't move it around.

I find if you don't have a good signal I get better battery life with Wifi always on. I get a great Wifi signal though, so that might help.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
My brother and his black note 2 have issues. I actually get pretty great battery life most of the time. It will last me 1.5 - 2 days. When I was at coachella, my editor would have to charge his iphone at least 3 times a day and my phone would still be at 70% by the end of the night.

The few times I've had issues, it's after some google app updates and drains my battery like crazy (losing 40% overnight while in airplane mode!). I just go back and uninstall updates and that usually takes care of the problem.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty crazy how much more battery life you get while in airplane mode. But then it just turns it into a tablet. Much better then nothing though. It is nice that you can use Wifi though, I've never tried Wifi calling in airplane mode.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a very large improvement in "standby " battery drain after rooting and installing the Whompasaurus ROM. Not sure if its the kernel, the bloat wear removal or other settings.

Overnight I'm down to to 2% drop overnight (withJuiceDefender balanced settings) from 5-6% before root.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have seen a very large improvement in "standby " battery drain after rooting and installing the Whompasaurus ROM. Not sure if its the kernel, the bloat wear removal or other settings.

Overnight I'm down to to 2% drop overnight (withJuiceDefender balanced settings) from 5-6% before root.

That's pretty awesome. You still get Wifi calling? Also do you have Google Now turned on?

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty awesome. You still get Wifi calling? Also do you have Google Now turned on?

Should have given more info. Using JD I have everything except voice call turned off at night.

Using the Perseus kernel that seems to have better battery life for me than stock. You also can underclock it and undervolt it to save juice (but can go unstable)

I also have Google Now turned off. I use it a lot when out of town, but don't need it at home and its a battery drain for sure.

Last edited:

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
When you turn it off and on don't you have to go through kinda a setup. Every time you turn it back on. Google Now turns on you're location history, checks report from this device, ect.

That's how it was for me when I turned it off to see the difference in battery life. There is a difference but not a big enough one to turn it off and on and deal with the settings.

I do however "wish" it was that simple. That way I could turn Google Now off and on anytime I want. Without having to turn off the location history, un check report from this device. Then... THEN! turn off all the cards I don't use, same goes for notifications, ect.

It would be cool if Google changed Google Now so it would keep all you're settings the same. That way you could turn Google Now off and on as you please.

OR.... Google optimize the battery drain Google Now uses. That way we would never have to turn it off since it wouldn't be worth it. Because the amount of battery life it used would be so little it wouldn't make a big enough difference.

I still do feel however. That you should be show to turn it off and on without loss of you're former settings.

Brandon_galaxy

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have du battery saver ive set it to long mode and its pretty nice the data being on is suckin ur phone bat and wifi is even worse .. tech support
Sent from S4.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have du battery saver ive set it to long mode and its pretty nice the data being on is suckin ur phone bat and wifi is even worse .. tech support
Sent from S4.

That's weird because I get much better battery life on Wifi then on Mobile Data.

Wifi = Best battery life.

4G (HSPA) = Second best battery life.

LTE = Worst battery life. *even more so if you don't have a good signal*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I'm at home, I'm always on Wifi. I get the best battery life. I don't use Wifi calling often so I'm on Wifi and 4G (HSPA).

If I'm out I turn off Wifi and use 4G (HSPA) and I notice a difference in battery drain. A noticeable difference to say the least.

If I'm out or home and I decide to turn on LTE I always notice a huge battery drain. On LTE it's crazy battery drain. It's very spotty and I don't get more then 3 bars. When I do have a good signal on LTE it's great and my speeds are crazy fast. I still notice the battery drain but it's not as bad when I have a good LTE signal. But if I move a few feet the signal drops down to 4G. There are some areas that I can keep a ok signal but that's only within a block or two...

Velizar Peshev

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
You can root the phone and uninstall via root uninstaller tool. Use Kingo Root.apk, then install System App Remover (ROOT) from play store and uninstall this damn thing. USA have strange apps that can't be removed and that sucks...

Paolo2000

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
Hello!I have a galaxy A5 2017.i bought it a month ago .Overnight it lose 4%-5% battery.i dont let wi fi on or 4G.more i sleep more it will lose battery .Is this normal for A5 ??

Sandra Walecka

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
I don't have a clue why this is happening but it's happening to me a lot I lose like 50% at night so I need to leave it charging as I have school in the morning and need my phone I don't know how to fix this but a good idea is to turn your WiFi off on your phone and if your phone isnt charged then charge it a few hours before you go to sleep and then turn it off. for me this has worked a lot of times but if you need your phone for alarms or something you could leave it to lose some battery ( most likely to 5% ) and then just before you go to sleep you could plug it in