the BEST case to keep slim form on the NOTE 2

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
No not glossy but not super grippy. The elago that is. It feels like an anti fingerprint matte screen protector.

Theres a thread on xda where someone sprayed half his elago case with tool handle spray from home depot. I am going to try that this weekend I think.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Why can't the elago and reath type phones cover the entire bezel. It looks so crappy that it's just left open. I want a seidio surface like form but without the magnet messing everything up.

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't the elago and reath type phones cover the entire bezel. It looks so crappy that it's just left open. I want a seidio surface like form but without the magnet messing everything up.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes the cases get in the way of bulkier connectors. With the ports wide open, you won't have this problem.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The only minimal case I know of that protects the whole bezel is the seidio surface. Its nice but it runs about $35-$50. Way too expensive to me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

the devastator

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Ringke SLIM case. It's pretty great, very low profile, very slim. The only problem I have with it is that it's almost as slippery as the phone by itself. I wish it had a little texture on it but either way the case is great

alvarez13

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Just received my Ringke SLIM case. It's pretty great, very low profile, very slim. The only problem I have with it is that it's almost as slippery as the phone by itself. I wish it had a little texture on it but either way the case is great
Did you get the SF version? I thought that was supposed to have a little grip. I almost got this one but too many reviews saying the phone is loose inside.

I gave up on seidio due to the magnet problems. It goes back this weekend. However, I did love the material and the fact it went all the way around.
Just got a mercury tpu case (will try to post pics tomorrow) and not 100% on it. Like that it goes all the way around.
Ordered a elago black offline and I think it's supposed to have a little grip to it. Will post pics Mon.

Just want the perfect case for the perfect phone =)

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The Ringke SLIM is loose. I haven't used mine because of it. I just ordered the Elago the one. So ill give that a try.

I've been using the Best Buy Seido one, but it's nothing special.

the devastator

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you get the SF version? I thought that was supposed to have a little grip. I almost got this one but too many reviews saying the phone is loose inside.

I gave up on seidio due to the magnet problems. It goes back this weekend. However, I did love the material and the fact it went all the way around.
Just got a mercury tpu case (will try to post pics tomorrow) and not 100% on it. Like that it goes all the way around.
Ordered a elago black offline and I think it's supposed to have a little grip to it. Will post pics Mon.

Just want the perfect case for the perfect phone =)

No, it looks like I got this one
Amazon.com: [LF White] Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Ringke SLIM Light Feeling Premium Hard Case AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and Unlocked - Eco Package [REVISED VERSION]: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's not loose at all on mine, fits perfectly.

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Got my Elago today.

I like it but it's very slick. Feels no different than the plastic back of the phone. The main reason I even want a case is to improve the grip. But I don't want a bulky case.

Haven't found one I'm happy with yet.

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a Speck candyshell. Good protection, good grippy back that slides easily into pockets, pretty thin, good fit and finish. The only gripe is that the back does seem to show some minor scratching after minimal use. But as far as what I was looking for in a slim case, this is it.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

With slim polycarbonate cases you cannot manufacture the hard case without leaving the top/bottom or the sides open - there is no way to remove them from the mold when manufacturing.

I have the Rearth in both colors and it's too loose for me. I think it will scratch the phone.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
We just started production on a slim/protective/grippy case. It's not going to out until January but I think if you drop a phone this big you need more protection than a little plastic.

It's going to look exactly like the ones we made for the S3 - not allowed to post links but it's DBA Cases. The case is the Ultra.

I'm taking suggestions for color combo's.

Email me at scott@dbacases.com

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
We just started production on a slim/protective/grippy case. It's not going to out until January but I think if you drop a phone this big you need more protection than a little plastic.

It's going to look exactly like the ones we made for the S3 - not allowed to post links but it's DBA Cases. The case is the Ultra.

I'm taking suggestions for color combo's.

Email me at scott@dbacases.com

Those are some good looking cases. I'm a big fan of TPU, but I like really, really crystal clear so I can still enjoy the great looks of the Note II. Anything like that in the works from your company?

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Those are some good looking cases. I'm a big fan of TPU, but I like really, really crystal clear so I can still enjoy the great looks of the Note II. Anything like that in the works from your company?

I've tried crystal clear. The problem is the sides - with the TPU being thick on the sides they look white which doesn't look too good.

These are TPU/PC hybrids - that's why you get the protection without the bulk.

IdRatherDrum

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I got the white case with my 50% off: Galaxy Note - I wasn't sure about the gray rubber band around it, but now that I have it, I love it. The case actually makes pushing the buttons easier, makes it easy to hold, and keeps that beautiful back on it and gets rid of the Verizon emblems.
Is this case good? I have a grey note 2 so I am not sure if it will work with it but I am really curious about this. I need a case in like 2 days and I can prime it with amazon. Do you think it would look good with a grey phone?

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Does this cover the whole perimeter or open on the top and bottom like the rearth ?
Is it thick ?
I bought this one from ebay in addition to the Ringke Slim. They actually seem like the exact same case to me in regards to material and thickness, but since this one from ebay was very similar in color to the Titanium phone it is actually much less noticeable than the black Ringke case. Because of that and the fact that it was a little cheaper I just returned the Ringke case.

For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II Gray Ultra Slim Back Clip on Plastic Case Cover | eBay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol