Bugs? S-Pen Keyboard and Driving Mode

eosman2k1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

My dad has the Note 2 and he has the following issues.

When he enables 'Driving Mode' the phone does not say the person calling out loud. Also is there anyway to answer a call with the sound of your voice during 'Driving Mode'?

Second issue is that my dad got stuck on the S-pen keyboard and he couldn't get back to the Qwerty keyboard. Only thing available was the numeric keyboard from pressing a button on the top part of the s-pen keyboard. There was no mini keyboard icon/button on the s-spen keyboard to switch out of the s-pen typing. He tried removing the s-pen from the phone and putting it back but that didn't help. He had to reboot the phone to get back the normal qwerty keyboard. Is there a trick or button to switch back or is this a bug? On my keyboard for my S2 LTE I just have to look to the bottom left corner and I can switch between qwerty and the numeric keypad.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
If you long press microphone box it will pull up other icons.press the small keyboard to get out of the
pen setting. drove me crazy too...
not sure about the driving mode yet. still waiting for samsung car holder...

eosman2k1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Mike. I really appreciate you answering that. I would of never of known to hold the mic button. I was looking through the manual but I swear I didn't see that. From what I can tell you have to turn vibration off for driving mode to work properly. My dad wants to be able to say 'answer call' when a call comes in while he is driving. My S2 has voice talk which is different than the S3 and Note 2 and that works well. There really isn't anything on youtube other than one video on the driving mode feature. That one video is more of complaint than anything. I'd really like the driving mode to work properly for my dad. Thanks again Mike.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513