Leaving Blackberry....Is the Note 2 too cumbersome?

howserow

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi new friends - longtime Crackberrier and have been reading the handwriting for way too long. I'm ready to switch and have been spending quality time at the ATT store with the S3 and Note2. I love the features and potential of the Note2 but I don't know if it is going to be too big to handle. I have decent sized hands so I'm not worried about that, but I wonder if it fits on the belt or only in a jacket pocket. Any thoughts on this? Thanks

raggededge

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I just switched from a blackberry 9930, and it's been pretty painless. I carry the phone in my front pocket and it's not burdensome at all.

I highly recommend SwiftKey as your keyboard, made typing just as good as on my physical blackberry one.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi new friends - longtime Crackberrier and have been reading the handwriting for way too long. I'm ready to switch and have been spending quality time at the ATT store with the S3 and Note2. I love the features and potential of the Note2 but I don't know if it is going to be too big to handle. I have decent sized hands so I'm not worried about that, but I wonder if it fits on the belt or only in a jacket pocket. Any thoughts on this? Thanks

I just switched from a blackberry 9930, and it's been pretty painless. I carry the phone in my front pocket and it's not burdensome at all.

I highly recommend SwiftKey as your keyboard, made typing just as good as on my physical blackberry one.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I too defected from a 9930 some time ago. I was hesitant at first but now I don't know what took me so long. I started with a Thunderbolt, then the Nexus, the S3 and now the Note 2. Like raggededge said, get Swift Key 3 and you'll be good to go. Search around the area and you'll find some good people here.

Go for it!!

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Cumbersome? no! In fact, I am rocking a Seidio Active case on my N2 and it fits painlessly in my jeans pocket. In fact, I can do everything I normally would do while carrying it! I was a little concerned that I would need to remove it from my pocket while driving and such but that has not been a problem.

As for the keyboard, I would also suggest Swiftkey. While I LOVE having the numbers across the top of my stock keyboard...I hate how there is no auto correct!, Maybe that is Verizon only but still annoying. Swiftkey, is a bit of an adjustment but works awesome!!!

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It does take getting used to but after a few days the size wears off. I would trashed the plunge and go for it!

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I came over to android from BB a while back. I used everything from the old 72xx series all the way up to a Storm 2.The note 2 is not oversized at all. Once you get used to the OS you will wonder why you didn't switch years ago.

Sent from my sweet Verizon Galaxy Note 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

It's definitely too big to wear on your belt unless you don't mind a man purse. :eek: I'm using a Monaco vertical pouch (link below) and slide it into my left pants pocket with the belt clip facing out and clipped onto the pocket. It's comfortable to walk or sit with it and feels very secure, no risk of it coming out. I originally wanted a Seidio spring-clip holster (no case) like I used with my Thunderbolt, but realized even if Seidio made one (I checked, they have no plans to), it too would look like a man purse and would probably tend to bounce off your leg as you walk or get in your way when sitting.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II Monaco Vertical Pouch Type Leather Case with Belt Clip - Black

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Me, too. I had a 9800 since it first came out and did the same thing. I spent time at the AT&T store fondling both of them and decided on the Note 2. I think I'd be happy with either but the bigger screen won out.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
LOVE at first bite 9700 drowned with Rim

Coug

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was a major crackberry addict until a year ago. My 9650 and the server decided to randomly delete my calendar so I made a sudden switch to android and an Incredible 2. Android and the touchscreen were way ahead of my Bold so that move worked out well. I just got my N2 from VZW last Thursday. The S3, DNA, and N2 were all huge compared to my Inc2 so I knew I was going to have to get used to it no matter which phone I chose, so I went with the N2 because of the s pen and s notes. Today was my first "work" day with the N2 and was on flights and airports all day. I must say the N2 is better than expected. It fits in my pocket and the size did not really cause any problems. I used the time in the air to really play with it and learn how to use the features, then used maps to get around the new town and find some places to eat. It has been 14 hours since I took it off the charger and I still have 35% of the battery left. Now that is pretty cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995