Note 2 Multitasking not working?

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It does work and I am using it right now. First you have the multi tasking (the notifacation drill down, all the way to the top right) and as you may already know press and hold the back key until you get the tab to show up. Once it does drag for instance the. Messaging app on to the screen, next drag the Web app to either the top or bottom location. Have fun. ....
Ya it is only working on some carriers, for me I do not have any option in notifications and holding back key does nothing as well. Hopefully Telus will update it soon if not I'm sure the 4.1.2 update should be out soon.

kmasty

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I am also from Canada and on Telus. Was wondering what the hell was going on! I am also disappointed that I did not have this feature; glad I found the answer and now to patiently wait for the update!

Maud Pouliot

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm also in Canada with Rogers and the option is not available for me as well. ;-(
This was one of the reason I go the phone to begin with. not too happy about this.

JohnB352

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
My carrier is AT&T, it does not have it and it's up to date. Personally I think Samsung should either take down or update the marketing video on their website that shows this feature. Don't advertise the feature if it isn't available on every phone.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
My carrier is AT&T, it does not have it and it's up to date. Personally I think Samsung should either take down or update the marketing video on their website that shows this feature. Don't advertise the feature if it isn't available on every phone.

This isn't Samsungs fault its At&ts fault

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I would rather at&t test the update properly before releasing a firmware or update that bricks my $800 phone/phablet.

Blaming at&t won't get it here any quicker. Besides, as we see, there are a lot of carriers that seem to not have the update.

When sprint put out their update for the note, there were some issues with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Darryl of FH

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I think there is a misunderstanding here: only those apps that are listed on the multi-window popout menu will work as advertised. Those applications not on that tablet cannot do multi-window. Mine came with only Internet, Email, Polaris Office, S-Note, Messaging, and Gallery available. The cool videos of people taking notes while on the phone don't apply.

Oh, and Gmail isn't included.

Or, at least that is what's happening to me.

- Darryl

Verizon SCH-I605
Android 4.1.1
Baseband Version I605VRALL4
Kernal Version
3.0.31-414933
se.infra@SEP-79 #1
SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 28 21:21:38 KST 2012
Build Number
JRO03C.I605VRALL4​
Hardware Version
I605.06​

ShelaghDB

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here, I am in Toronto Canada and I have the NOTE 2 which i purchased outright for $800+ so its apparently unlocked but i am with Mobilicity and I don't have this feature yet either. Sill on 4.1.1

:(

Can someone confirm it is up to the Carrier to add this, not Samsung? If so I will get on to my carrier....

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
All I know is that it isn't included in the earlier builds of 4.1.1

I'm on a UK unbranded though so I'm not sure if it makes a difference with American branded phones. If you really need it right now then you can root your device and flash a stock 4.1.2 rom or a later 4.1.1 rom.

alecawa

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
go to the notification menu and scroll to the left where bluetooth gps, etc. Make sure multiwindow is enabled. Then press and hold on the back button. Now click and drag the apps onto the widow. Thats it!:)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I just wish more apps were available to use on it. Shame on carriers not offering that

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just wish more apps were available to use on it. Shame on carriers not offering that

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

I turned multi-window off because of this. I don't use the stock messaging application and only video applications I use are Netflix and YouTube. I use Google Chrome rather than the default browser so that messes me up too. A useful tool that's severely locked down by the carrier.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't blame the carriers. All an app needs to appear in that list is a flag set indicating compatibility at the time the app is built. That's up to the developer. Quite a few apps have been updated recently just for that.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Fortunate enough for me, I rooted and have all apps in multi window... only issue is some WILL NOT work that way. I'm still weeding through them.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

Syed Waris

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
What should i do man :'( i have note 2 i rooted and after some days my google app stop working and i re new my software 4.1.1 no updating and no maltitasking OH GOD am f*** d up help me some one plzzz for god sake :'( :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar