Headphones in and Notification Sound still coming through speakers

Mark Aled

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Might be a little late to help most out but this is for people in the future with this problem. Not sure if its a fix for everyone but this worked for me.
Settings - > Advanced - > Accessibility - > Mono Audio -> Turn off
Saw some stuff about a 3rd party app called SoundAbout. It will help fix the problem aswell but i kept looking for a solution because i didn't think that a 3rd party app was the only fix.

Sadly this wasn't a resolution for me and I'm on an S7, shocking how long this has had no confirmation of a fix on really.

Lucerne9

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Same problem as you guys, I'm on an Galaxy S6 Active but with Android Nougat 7.0 and it's still a problem. I haven't tried SoundAbout yet so I technically don't have a true complaint, but if it's likely to end up like those before me or, as with any other background process, use up battery "behind the scenes", I don't know if it would be worth it

Respond321

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Perhaps there is a lock on your headphones, every time when I notice that the audio comes out, i found that the lock of the piece has been slide down.

Gift Netshirenzheni

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this "problem". I'm used to all my other phones setup so that when the headphone jack is plugged in all sound goes there.

I was sitting in the office and noticed that the notification seemed loud and when I took off my headphones noticed that was because the notification came through the speakers.

Yes my headphones were plugged in all the way.

Thanks for any information about this.

I just found out how to deal with that issue, all you need to do is to put in your headsets and put your cell phone on vibration mode or silent mode then it will ring and notify through the headsets only.

JW_SC

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
And... still an issue with S9+.
It's a PHONE, that plays MUSIC... PHONE... RING!! (through the output device of choice, which is headphones)... it's very simple

ScrapMaker

May 16, 2010
Visit site
And... still an issue with S9+.
It's a PHONE, that plays MUSIC... PHONE... RING!! (through the output device of choice, which is headphones)... it's very simple

Pretty disappointed that my S9+ still does this. Obviously if you have Bluetooth headphones connected, or wired, you want ALL SOUND to go through that channel. If I have to put my notifications on silent then I won't even notice them, when I have a perfect medium available for me to receive them...my ears.

That being said, I've had this issue since the s3 so I can't really say anything. I've tried SoundAbout in the past and it only worked a little. Mostly just a waste of an install.

GSMacLean

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
This isn't a bug, it is intentionally designed this way. The reason the ring signal is not sent through the headphones is to prevent the phone from being used as a trigger device for bombs, etc.

jbeitel

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Pretty disappointed that my S9+ still does this. Obviously if you have Bluetooth headphones connected, or wired, you want ALL SOUND to go through that channel. If I have to put my notifications on silent then I won't even notice them, when I have a perfect medium available for me to receive them...my ears.

That being said, I've had this issue since the s3 so I can't really say anything. I've tried SoundAbout in the past and it only worked a little. Mostly just a waste of an install.
Download Samsung sound assistant and there is a setting to direct it through headphones

P Dubbs

Oct 16, 2019
Visit site
Had same issue, swipe down to get to the notification section then press volumn down. On mine 4 notification volumes appeared. Turned all down but bluetooth device