Gorilla glass 2

typinghairyape

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This glass on the note 2 blows (if this phone even has it) and I already have a couple small scratches, do I need a wet install screen protector to hide them or will a dry one help too?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This glass on the note 2 blows (if this phone even has it) and I already have a couple small scratches, do I need a wet install screen protector to hide them or will a dry one help too?

I agree i already have scuffs not so much scratches. wet installs would help if they are pretty visible.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You Best knock on wood.

Ouch you got some scratches already? I was really considering running no protector to maximize the use of the S Pen but man if you got scratches already, I don't know anymore =/

Any idea what the scratches were from? Sand particles in a pocket, S Pen itself, any drops?

I baby my phones to the max, so I don't know what to do.

typinghairyape

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ouch you got some scratches already? I was really considering running no protector to maximize the use of the S Pen but man if you got scratches already, I don't know anymore =/

Any idea what the scratches were from? Sand particles in a pocket, S Pen itself, any drops?

Not sure, I admit I wasn't that careful with it because of my very false sense of security with gorilla glass.. I might have chucked it into a pocket that already had keys in it already on accident. :banghead:
I've seen a SGS 1, SGS 2 and HTC Hero 2 take everyday beatings during normal use... keys, change, trips to the beach, the works. Maybe it doesn't have gorilla glass due to interference with s pen or a softer thinner more shatter resistant version as the second generation. GORILLA GLASS 1 WAS FOR ALL INTENSIVE PURPOSES SCRATCH PROOF, THIS GLASS SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED AS BEING AT ALL RESISTANT TO ANY TYPE OF DAMAGE....

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

No idea how. I baby my phone also. And they are not scratches they are like scuffs

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I use wet install all the time. It's my preferred method when installing a screwn protector. Never have issues with air bubbles and dust trapping underneath. To me it is easier to install than dry method. There is quite a bit of water when I do it too, but just make sure you take out battery and leave it to dry overnight.

ascian5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but there's just a lot of ignorance in this thread.
1. The phrase is "intents AND purposes"
2. Gorilla glass 1, 2 or 713 are all quite scratchable.
3. Wet or dry it's still a screen protector and not just a clever name. It will help prevent scratches from occurring.
4. Dry protectors are fine and probably easier to install. Wet ones wont harm your device but can be a when removing. The type of material for either can affect the drag of your finger or stylus but do some research and you'll see this isnt a big obstacle.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but there's just a lot of ignorance in this thread.
1. The phrase is "intents AND purposes"
2. Gorilla glass 1, 2 or 713 are all quite scratchable.
3. Wet or dry it's still a screen protector and not just a clever name. It will help prevent scratches from occurring.
4. Dry protectors are fine and probably easier to install. Wet ones wont harm your device but can be a when removing. The type of material for either can affect the drag of your finger or stylus but do some research and you'll see this isnt a big obstacle.

We apologize

typinghairyape

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
No those devices are absolutely bullet proof, this device is extremely fragile... I even saw a thread saying it lacked Gorilla Glass of any type on xda...

jsimpson66

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
No idea how. I baby my phone also. And they are not scratches they are like scuffs

I apologize if I am asking the obvious, but is it possible that there is a thin plastic shipping protector still on it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

typinghairyape

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if I am asking the obvious, but is it possible that there is a thin plastic shipping protector still on it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

No I was desperately picking for it on the edge of the glass, but sadly it is not there...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Would a dry one help at all? I am kind of nervous about moisture being in contact with the phone..:banghead:

I will never do a wet install anymore. Had several people mess up their phones due to water damage. On gnote 2 water for into the home button n didn't work anymore. I think dry ones are the only way to go unless you have no buttons in front and you don't go near the earpiece.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have one tiny scratch that I can only see when the screen is off and in the sun, thinking about putting my other spigen ultra crystal on.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even taken off the display screen protector that comes shipped with the phone. Hopefully, the SGP oleophobic protector l ordered should be here tuesday.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even taken off the display screen protector that comes shipped with the phone. Hopefully, the SGP oleophobic protector l ordered should be here tuesday.

I did the same exact thing and ordered the same exact product which will arrive the same exact day. Weird
u7a5u2u2.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2