Emails Deleting ---Problem found , need solution (Help needed)

SCULLYCDN

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I figured out what is happening with my deleting emails on my Note 2. I get my emails sent to me and everything is ok, I check them on my Note 2 and no problem. the problem occurs when I check the same email on my computer, all of a sudden when I do my emails on my phone get deleted automatically. This has to be something simple in the settings, i have used an iPhone 4 for the last 2 years and never had a problem, I get my new Note 2 and set up the same email and this is happening. Does anyone have the solution?

Thank You
Mike

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the phone is using IMAP, or has the "Leave message on server" setting set. Check for something similar on the PC. If not, then please give us some more details such as app used on phone and on PC and what type of server are you connecting to, or is this a webmail service like Gmail or Hotmail.

SCULLYCDN

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I was told to re set up my phone as an "imap" server, Hope this works. I do know my work email is pop3 and when I had my iphone 4 it was set up as pop3 also and did not have problems.
Is "imap" an android thing?

Thanks
Mike

dealnerd00

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a sync problem? That happened to me then I changed my mail settings to sync for 1 mo instead of 3 days bc i dont reply to ppls emails fast enough. When it was set to 3 days, msil deleted my read emails and kept my new ones for 3 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance