Gallery slows down and freezes

dannylee79

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

I've tried searching forum and google to find if anyone else is having problem default gallery app.
I only have 7 pictures on internal drive. The app slows down and eventually freezes.

For some reason, it acts normal when I turn off wifi.

Am I the only person experiencing this issue??

Can anyone help me with this problem???

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am running the note 2 gallery on my phone and not seeing it at all. Try clearing the cache and data on the gallery app and then let it rebuild it

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Had this on my gs3. It was looking for folders on my other computers that were in the same wifi network. I never really figured it out except to turn off wifi. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dannylee79

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I still can't figure it out. When WiFi is off..it works perfect. When on, it lags and freezes which makes it unusable. Other apps like Quickpic works fine, however.
Am I the only one who is annoyed by this??? Can anyone think of something that I can do???

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I still can't figure it out. When WiFi is off..it works perfect. When on, it lags and freezes which makes it unusable. Other apps like Quickpic works fine, however.
Am I the only one who is annoyed by this??? Can anyone think of something that I can do???

Maybe it's an app you installed? I'd try a factory reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

Ben Holwell

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem on my N7100, totally unusable Gallery app, only until finding your post today i didn't realize it will work perfectly just by turning off WiFi, very strange! how have you got on? have you found a solution? I kept blaming kernels etc, I'm using Perseus Kernel and stock 4.1.2, would love to find a solution other than to turn off WiFi every time.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
In the Wi-Fi settings, I believe the is an option to turn off dlna or whatever it's called

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

tetaganda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow thanks for the tip on quickpic app. It IS FAST. I thought i was the only one with lagging gallery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358223634150.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358223634150.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 225

Jstars

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks much for the solutions to the Gallery freezing problem -- which I have seen from Day One.

Turning off WiFi fixed it (but then my Wifi turns right back on again and soon the issue comes back -- Airplane mode will keep it of as an option but is a pain if you are the trying to email or text a picture.
I see no separate app for Gallery .. so i dunno how you can clear cache.

Finally, yeahhhhh QuickPic !!

That's a great solution for now...

J

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Try going to the Gmail account(s) that's setup on your device. Uncheck sync with Picasa, if it's checked. Then go to Settings > Applications > All > Gallery.... then clear the cache and data.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My question is...how do I make the facebook albums go away? I feel that's whats slowing mine down.

sent using FlatBill Magic ?

Try going into the settings of the Facebook app to disable syncing of photos. If they still appear after disabling it, you may have to clear cache from the Gallery app to remove any old photos or albums that were synced prior.

phooker62890

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Inside gallery, hit menu, view by, content in device.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
Worked like a charm.
Try going into the settings of the Facebook app to disable syncing of photos. If they still appear after disabling it, you may have to clear cache from the Gallery app to remove any old photos or albums that were synced prior.

I tried all of that. But that has to do with syncing from phone to fb...not fb to phone.

sent using FlatBill Magic ?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that is the problem, you'd have to do it anytime, or unlink your fb account from your phone

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams