Missing keyboard on my galaxy note 2

rapmaniak

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a problem with my note 2 phone, I am missing keyboard on my phone. It does not appear when I want to make a text message. Does anyone know what is the problem?

Jake

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that sounds like a very nasty bug!!! I haven't seen that kind of problem before but I'd suggest downloading another keyboard from Google Play and see if that helps... Also check the Language and Keyboard settings and see if all your keyboards are enabled. If you're not rooted you shouldn't be allowed to disable Samsung's stock keyboard, but if you're rooted anything goes.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have a problem with my note 2 phone, I am missing keyboard on my phone. It does not appear when I want to make a text message. Does anyone know what is the problem?

Jake

Restart the phone and if that doesn't work take it back and get a new one.
I wouldn't mess around buying another keyboard app.
If you don't have a stock keyboard your phone is broken.
Get one that works.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Sno4Life

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Jake

I had the same problem. Try this...
zydymate.jpg

Then select the keyboard option.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

brooke6255

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much Sno4life! I had the same problem and it drove me crazy. Couldn't fix in phone settings. :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

seagalns2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android and to my Note 2. I used Swype on a phone once by moving my finger across the keyboard to join the letters and make the words. It was great.
Anyone able to help an old lady figure out how to do this on my new Note 2? I hate that stylus pen thing!

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android and to my Note 2. I used Swype on a phone once by moving my finger across the keyboard to join the letters and make the words. It was great.
Anyone able to help an old lady figure out how to do this on my new Note 2? I hate that stylus pen thing!
The standard keyboard is equipped with the swipe function. Works exactly like the Swype keyboard.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
not mine. if i try to swype a word it only captures the last letter. Do I need to download something?
Go into the main Settings, select Language and Input, then hit the gear symbol next to Samsung Keyboard. Make sure the box is checked next to "Swiftkey flow."

seagalns2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
not mine. if i try to swype a word it only captures the last letter. Do I need to download something?
Hey I found the answer! Here it is - for any other 82 year old ladies who are trying to be at least a little bit tech savvy --- Open for a new message then Run your finger from the top of your phone down the screen. It will bring up option to Choose Input method. Tap that and it brings up Google voice typing and Samsung keyboard. Tap to choose Samsung keyboard. Tap on Set up input methods. Tap again on Samsung keyboard and in the Samsung keyboard settings window, tap on Continuous input. There you have it - clear as mud? Worked for me so I'm happy. Btw - I like this forum. It's nice to be able to get help with stuff like this. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hey I found the answer! Here it is - for any other 82 year old ladies who are trying to be at least a little bit tech savvy --- Open for a new message then Run your finger from the top of your phone down the screen. It will bring up option to Choose Input method. Tap that and it brings up Google voice typing and Samsung keyboard. Tap to choose Samsung keyboard. Tap on Set up input methods. Tap again on Samsung keyboard and in the Samsung keyboard settings window, tap on Continuous input. There you have it - clear as mud? Worked for me so I'm happy. Btw - I like this forum. It's nice to be able to get help with stuff like this. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800