Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding Wi-Fi is better on the battery than 4G LTE is since the signal is more consistant. However, leaving Wi-Fi enabled while you're connected to 4G LTE and not the Wi-Fi will drain the battery. It's basically searching for your home Wi-Fi signal at all times but can never find it. So from my experience use Wi-Fi when possible but turn it off when not in range.

I see. But ya, I never leave wifi on when I'm out on my home range.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding Wi-Fi is better on the battery than 4G LTE is since the signal is more consistant. However, leaving Wi-Fi enabled while you're connected to 4G LTE and not the Wi-Fi will drain the battery. It's basically searching for your home Wi-Fi signal at all times but can never find it. So from my experience use Wi-Fi when possible but turn it off when not in range.

For me, wifi seems to drain as much power as lte, I leave my phone overnight and about 10-12% drain, same for both.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Ahmed Hanafy

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Can anybody help me pIz with this problem I tried everything With MY phone (Samsung galaxy Note 2) but it didn't work I had charged My phone fully and I switched off the Wi-fi , mobile network (3G) , Gprs , Sync , Bluetooth & switched the brightness to the lowest possible value , also I don't use live wallpapers & I switched on the power saving mode yet the battery vanishes so fast & here is a Pic after only 4hrs usage and its 52% what else can I do with this battery to work properly like others ?? and also 61% after about 7hrs without even using it can anybody
help me plz ?? :':)'(
8521486822_31290c4fe1_b.jpg

8526224748_46f63bf5b3_b.jpg

8526224394_191111d334_b.jpg

8525109949_dea7e45179_b.jpg

8526223994_51d2c5b01e_b.jpg

8525109353_7f4e211613_b.jpg

8526223368_1b01a7472d_b.jpg

Last edited:

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
My phone 5 minutes ago..non rooted..updated..zero battery issues.

Sent from my SGN2 on the Sprint network.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362246921751.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362246921751.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 296

nerchri

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ahmed Hanafy,

Did you find the answer? I am having the same problem! Can you let me know?

Can anybody help me pIz with this problem I tried everything With MY phone (Samsung galaxy Note 2) but it didn't work I had charged My phone fully and I switched off the Wi-fi , mobile network (3G) , Gprs , Sync , Bluetooth & switched the brightness to the lowest possible value , also I don't use live wallpapers & I switched on the power saving
mode yet the battery vanishes so fast & here is a Pic after only 4hrs usage and its 52% what else can I do with this battery to work properly like others ?? and also 61% after about 7hrs without even using it can anybody
help me plz ?? :':)'(
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8521486822_31290c4fe1_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8521/8526224748_46f63bf5b3_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8225/8526224394_191111d334_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8512/8525109949_dea7e45179_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8366/8526223994_51d2c5b01e_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/8525109353_7f4e211613_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8368/8526223368_1b01a7472d_b.jpg

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey Ahmed,

I note from your screenshots you have 3 different things monitoring your battery level. (the built in Samsung battery % and 2 other) those can drain your battery!

Overall, here is what I have done and am very happy with battery life:

Juice Defender Ultimate to turn off wi-fi when screen is off, turn off connectivity at night and better manage other things. There are other apps out there that do as well I think, but I had already paid for JDU for my old EVO and I understand its controls.

Turn off Google Now Cards. I actually like this feature when I am traveling to see what is nearby and quick link to directions and such, but I don't need it for location, weather or sports on daily basis so shut it off. Those that say Maps are always on, this is a likely culprit.

Also on Maps, turned off the background location finding. Maps can be a big drain and it wants to be on all the time. Any time you use maps for any reason, pretty much have to force close it to get it to stop draining battery.

Turned off the auto update and the personal ad features from google play. (I don't like auto update of apps anyway since I don't always want the most recent update, too often they release these without thorough bug checking)

Disabled the following apps I don't use which were using CPU and battery

-Media Hub (had to uninstall updates before could disable)
-Music Hub
-S Suggest
-Samsung Apps
-Samsung Push Service
-Talk
-Weather Widget (this is the accuweather widget that is used by google now and on the lock screen if you want weather there. Even if you are not using the widget on anything, it is still using CPU and draining battery a bit. I have a weather widget from 1W on my home screen that i like so don't need this. but if you like the weather on the lock screen or live wallpaper probably need to keep it)
-Weather Widget Main (see above)
-AllShare Play
com.android.smspush

-

dueceswild

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey just got my new Galaxy Note 2. Very happy with it. I watch numerous reviews and videos about it prior to purchasing, and I gotta say it def lives up to the hype. With that said I have to say my only concern at this point is the battery life. It seems like everything I heard about the battery just isn't the case with mine. I took all the advice from above and manipulated all the settings as best I could but I still fell like im constantly watching the "countdown" as my percentage drops. I would like to get some true, accurate specs of what I should be expecting with moderate to heavy use over a 4G LTE network as well as Wi Fi use. I heard Samsung say the battery was rated for 16hrs of video play and for me that doesn't even sound like a considerable option. I don't kno if I just built up the expectations too much or what but something def feels off about my battery performance.
Im at 70% with 6hr 45min off the charger 60% screen brightness and 1hr 30min on screen time.. is this normal?? is it draining?? Is it truly rated for 16 hrs video time????

junebug72

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I honestly never set any options like power saver mode on my phone. I bought it turned bluetooth on, wifi on, gps on and constantly looking at web, auto sync on,emails, text messages, phone calls brightness set to bout 80% and stream Pandora. Also use both wifi and 3g no lte in my area and im pretty happy that I'm getting about 14 to 15 hrs on my note 2. Hope this info helps.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

allan473

Mar 5, 2011
www.nebirds.com
If I use battery monitor widget and it says the health of my battery is good then I can assume buying another battery probably would not help?

15% drain after 1 hour 2 min of use after full charge and calibration.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you have an sd card inserted? If so it could be that. Look in battery settings and see what's using it up. If it's media at the top it's the sd card mounting and un mointing

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

wolverine5pl

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.
I got my note 2 few days ago.
First two days were great. Battery very good. and now I can go thru 50% in 4-5 hrs just by txting:/
Even with power saving on still something isnt right. I dont want to do full restore but I think Its gonna happen soon.
I do have SD card. Any idea what to do to improve it?

Here is screenshot of my battery today.
Only thin I did was to send few txts, Upload few photos on facebook and whatsapp and took some photos (5-6) with camera) with screen brightness on auto.
I did had day or two ago OTA security update or something. Maybye thats the reason for that battery drain?

Attachments

• Screenshots_2013-04-23-12-04-25.png
    Screenshots_2013-04-23-12-04-25.png
    299.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I get almost av whole day out of my phone. Not sure if it's because of lte or because I have a bunk battery. I though it was pretty good until I saw all the people on here getting 2+ days or of their batteries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Shashixtatic

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, the suggested ways of saving battery can only increase the battery backup by an hour or two.
But how do we bring back the humongous backup that we used to get earlier?
According to what i observed, the backup reduced since I upgraded from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2.
During the first month after purchasing the phone on 4th november, the battery used to last for atleast 2 days with moderate use and atleast a day anf half with heavy use, such was the power of 3100mAH!!

So as experienced by me, it is an issue with 4.1.2 version update. I kept updating with new updates as they were realeased expecting samsung to have fixed this issue. But this only made it worse.

Now I plan to get my fone formatted and rollback to the default android that came with the phone. Is it possible to that with yhe service centre guys? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Shashi.

ludikreco

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
The best thing is to put custom ROM...i put Slim Bean Rom and the battery us perfect it lasts full day with havy load like wifi...games...calls...youtube...and still good...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

rishi verma

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a strange problem in my galaxy note 1.0. My phone status is showing as charging even when the charger is not plugged in . Couple of months I went to the service center and since it was in warranty they replaced the mother board , however the problem has resurfaced again . I even tried chaning the battery , however the outocme was same. Has anyone experienced this issue , if yes please suggest on it .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane