08-26-2013 09:45 PM
77 1234
tools
    May have to give it a shot but for now I'm on a Note II. I have no regrets one way or another although saving money is always a positive.

Thanks bud.
    Sure thing, even if you can't use it now, maybe you can use it for the note 3

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-02-2013 12:11 PM
    Sure thing, even if you can't use it now, maybe you can use it for the note 3

Oh definitely! I tried to go back to a smaller screen but its impossible. I can't type and the quality of screen was awful. Pentile FTL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-02-2013 12:18 PM
    Oh definitely! I tried to go back to a smaller screen but its impossible. I can't type and the quality of screen was awful. Pentile FTL

What smaller phone did you try to go back to?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    03-04-2013 11:09 AM
    I have had the Note2 since Jan 10th. I love this phone and the s-pen. Anything bigger tho is too much...have my tablet and laptop. I am very pleased. Samsung has a winner. And for me....its a keeper

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Athenazoe78 likes this.
    03-04-2013 01:25 PM
    What smaller phone did you try to go back to?

RAZR Maxx HD

03-04-2013 04:41 PM
    RAZR Maxx HD

That's still a big phone.

03-05-2013 05:40 AM
    That's still a big phone.

Yes, but the screen is tiny. Its really a 4.5 with capatitive buttons that make it a 4.8.

03-05-2013 06:05 AM
    Yes, but the screen is tiny. Its really a 4.5 with capatitive buttons that make it a 4.8.

4.5 inches isn't tiny.

03-05-2013 09:34 AM
    Im obsessed with the note 2. I can't put mine down. My family thinks I'm crazy for having a phone this big.i think their crazy for not having a phone this big! 6.3 inches on the Note 3? Count me in!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    6.3 inch Note 3 will be my next phone for sure. I'm 100% a Note user from here on out, there's no going back.
    03-05-2013 12:01 PM
    6.3 inch Note 3 will be my next phone for sure. I'm 100% a Note user from here on out, there's no going back.
    That's going to be a big device. No need for a tablet then.

03-05-2013 11:46 PM

The razr maxx hd is 4.7". I saw it in store, one factoring the on screen buttons, it did not seem much bigger than my Droid razr maxx which is 4.3".

03-06-2013 12:10 AM
    I tried using my photon (4.3" ) after getting this as a birthday present for myself on 12/20 but it was impossible. Sticking with this until I feel like something else... which will be a long while.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    03-06-2013 12:15 AM
    4.5 inches isn't tiny.

You're on an iPhone now so of course not. But going from a Note II to a 4.5 is tiny.

03-06-2013 01:05 AM
    The razr maxx hd is 4.7". I saw it in store, one factoring the on screen buttons, it did not seem much bigger than my Droid razr maxx which is 4.3".

That's because its not any bigger other than size. I've had an original and HD Maxx and the screen size is impossible to tell the difference with those on screen buttons on. Not saying the RAZR HD is a bad phone but I can't use a screen that small of a device any longer.

03-06-2013 01:29 AM
    You're on an iPhone now so of course not. But going from a Note II to a 4.5 is tiny.

But I went from a Note 2 to an iPhone. And I still think 4.5 inches is big. Obviously not as big as the Note but still big for a phone.

Eclipse2K likes this.
    03-06-2013 08:19 AM
    I can't even use my fiancee's s3... too small now.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network
    03-06-2013 10:45 AM
    But I went from a Note 2 to an iPhone. And I still think 4.5 inches is big. Obviously not as big as the Note but still big for a phone.

We will have to agree to disagree because we have different opinions. Neither is wrong just feel we have different wants and/or needs.

tirith likes this.
    03-06-2013 11:22 AM
    I can't imagine with the new Note 3 the screen size being bigger. Where are they going to draw the line?

taniabonita52 likes this.
    03-09-2013 11:31 AM
    I can't imagine with the new Note 3 the screen size being bigger. Where are they going to draw the line?

I wonder about the same thing... I think 5.5 is the sweet spot for the Note. Anything bigger, and it becomes awkward to me....

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums
    03-09-2013 11:54 AM

I certainly understand, my wife feels that the iPhone 4S that she has is a good size. Even my 4.3" phones like the thunderbolt, razr, razr maxx, Rezound all seem too big for her.

There certainly is a huge market for 4" phones, i am sure apple did a lot of research
    03-09-2013 12:26 PM
    I certainly understand, my wife feels that the iPhone 4S that she has is a good size. Even my 4.3" phones like the thunderbolt, razr, razr maxx, Rezound all seem too big for her.

There certainly is a huge market for 4" phones, i am sure apple did a lot of research
    Yep, but a lot of us can't go back from our note

03-09-2013 04:59 PM
    Yep, but a lot of us can't go back from our note

Sure, many of us who went to the note 2 is due to its size, but some maybe wanted to try it, and it didn't work out for them.

03-09-2013 10:27 PM
    And of course the S4 looks awesome. This does not help me one bit.

03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    OP wrote, "This could be the last device that I need for a while" and a lot of you agreed with him. OK, I know OP has done a downgrade and now thinks a 4" phone is big , but I think there are still a bunch of you frequent phone-buyers who have stepped off of the merry-go-round. I'm there, having stayed with my 4.7" Infuse for about 27 months before recently investing in a Note 2 when the price finally got down to my level (I paid $100 less a $54 trade-in for the Infuse plus about $200 in travel chargers, spare batteries and external batters chargers, cases and uSD card.I expect to stay on the N2 until something better gets down to my price level). I've always been this way, so no vendors are missing any revenue from me. But when you folks with 20 smartphones in your history find one to stay with, I can almost hear the crackling sound of your wallets closing. With increased competition from HTC, LG etc in the phablet range and the floor dropping out of pricing for entry-level 4" phones, you can see the storm clouds gathering around Seoul that washed away Detroit. Of course Samsung seems to have better marketing people than Chrysler, so it will be fun to watch and see what they do to get you all to crack your wallets back open again.
    08-24-2013 11:00 AM
    About the only thing that will get me to switch out my Note 2 will be a 7-8" tablet that makes phone calls.

My first BlackBerry got me to stop needing to carry a separate phone, camera, mp3 player, and pda. Before the BlackBerry, I looked like Batman with all the things hanging from my utility belt. The whole prep of getting a smartphone was to carry just one device.

Now, I carry my Note 2 and Nexus 7. As much as I like the larger screen on the Note 2, I still prefer my Nexus 7 for reading books, magazines, and blogs, along with watching videos. But that means carrying multiple devices again. If my Nexus 7 could be used as a regular cell phone, or if the US model of the Note 8 had phone capabilities, I'd get rid of the Note 2.

I already use a headset most of the time for phone calls (so I can look things up, check my calendar, or take notes), so it wouldn't be like holding a '70s boom box to my head. I just want to get back to carrying one device again.
    08-26-2013 03:23 PM
77 1234