When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Nah. If he was insulted then it could be interpreted as a personal attack. In which case the Mod team would have to act. So if it's possible that something you say might insult someone, or could be construed as a personal attack, then maybe you should think before you hit that button that posts your comment.
OMG, anything can be interpreted as a personal attack by that definition.

It was YOUR report that brought me into this in the first place. I would hate for it to backfire and cause you to get an infraction.
Kevin, clearly, intelligent educated women are not to be tolerated on this board. I am gone. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Kevin, clearly, intelligent educated women are not to be tolerated on this board. I am gone. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Your first point is correct. And it's at the discretion of the responding moderator.

For your second point, you are incorrect, and I'm sorry you feel that way. You DID ignore (other's did as well) my warnings about going back to topics that were causing serious issues between members in this thread. Did I respond to you in any way differently than I did them? Nope. Everybody got the same warning in this thread. Actually, I responded to you with an intelligent response and I feel like we had a good back and forth with what we were discussing.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't help but find the last part funny considering that your Username is WannaBeYou. But don't go. It was just a heated debate that got out of hand. We can all get along here. Most of us are practically adults. Or at the very least immature senior citizens. I got a warning once if it makes you feel any better and I think it came from Kevin. :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's a good device, well-made, and easy to use. And it has the largest app ecosystem and user base. Their OS is more intuitive and new-user-friendly than Android.

That said, Google, Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, and others are doing more innovating and advancing. Android in many (some would argue most) ways is superior to IOS, at least as far as what you can do with it. I'm not trying to bash Apple, because I recognize they have a good thing going. But come on...there are so many people out there who are unwilling or unable to recognize that Apple is playing a game. Releasing "new" features every year that other devices have had for a long time, holding back on others so they can include it in the next "revolutionary" generation. Oh, and playing their ridiculous patents games

It's so obvious, and yet people just act like it's the greatest thing ever. It's almost comical at this point, sort of like that Samsung commercial where all the fanbois and fangoils are in line waiting for the iPhone 5, while the GS3 users are doing stuff that the iPhone can't do.

Again, I'm not trying to hate, because Apple makes a very nice product. I just don't understand the over-the-top love affair so many seem to have with them.

Here is the OP, just to remind you of what this thread was supposed to be about ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
The love affair will end when mobile phone tech becomes boring and we move on the next big thing with the most shinies. Guess by then we'll be wondering why people love iBricks for their house instead of Nexus Blocks.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Being a college student I uses dropbox extensively. I am in engineering and we frequently use it to share files between a lot of people. A few months ago when I had the S3 I tried to simply share a file to a friend of mine who had the iphone and it seemed almost impossible. All I wanted to do was to send it to him and open it. I realize I could have emailed him the link but he had the drop box app for iphone. It was really aggravating to try to do something so simple.

Another case was my girlfriend's sister's iphone, she wanted an alarm to only viberate but not have sound. This could not be done unless you downloaded a file that was silent but it allowed the iphone to viberate so you didn't hear anything. WTF??

Point is, im really wondering when people will wake up. I see it more now with people moving away from the iphone but its nothing more than a status symbol now with the cool kids. I do occasionally think how I would function if I did have one but I think I would pull my hair out trying to do just simple tasks.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The world would be a better place if fanboys would stop pissing in each others cornflakes. I have an iPhone, a SGS3, an iPod Touch, a shuffle and a Creative Zen Vision M. There are things all do well and things they don't. All of them.

Period.

And I guess I'm so kind of software Rain Man because I've always found iTunes extremely intuitive and easy to use, so much so I used it before I owned an Apple product.

Fanboys suck. On ALL sides.

All I want for Christmas, New Years and my birthday is hockey back, or Bettmans head on a platter. Whichever's easier...

Naw. ITunes suck lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
As for the topic, this supposed love affair only exists if you believe it to still exist. In my opinion, it's been over for awhile now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I strongly disagree. It's always Apple this and Apple that. How many songs have you heard the word "Android" in? I can numerous songs where they mention iPhone. Look at TV, when ever they show a product, they always say "This app is available in the App Store". They after a pause like they forget "In the Google play store also!" They always mention iOs first. Watch the news. Every new Apple release gets coverage. Not once did my news report " Coming up next, HTC released the DNA!" If you think the love affair is over, you must dont look around or watch TV. In most movies they use iPhones.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Being a college student I uses dropbox extensively. I am in engineering and we frequently use it to share files between a lot of people. A few months ago when I had the S3 I tried to simply share a file to a friend of mine who had the iphone and it seemed almost impossible. All I wanted to do was to send it to him and open it. I realize I could have emailed him the link but he had the drop box app for iphone. It was really aggravating to try to do something so simple.

Another case was my girlfriend's sister's iphone, she wanted an alarm to only viberate but not have sound. This could not be done unless you downloaded a file that was silent but it allowed the iphone to viberate so you didn't hear anything. WTF??

Point is, im really wondering when people will wake up. I see it more now with people moving away from the iphone but its nothing more than a status symbol now with the cool kids. I do occasionally think how I would function if I did have one but I think I would pull my hair out trying to do just simple tasks.

Both of those things you mentioned are simple. You can download anything from drop but videos. You can only stream videos. As for documents, you just choose "Open in iBooks" and it saves it to the phone. A 2 step process. As for the alarm. You have to go to that specific alarm and choose vibrate only. It can't get any easier. It bothers me when people say you can't so this and that with an iphone that dont have one. Say that you don't know how to do it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I share files (pics, mostly) with iOS users all the time. What type of file was it? Once it was shared in Dropbox, they could easily see it on their device. Not sure what was so difficult about your situation.

Keep seeing it as a status symbol and it'll remain a status symbol.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Both of those things you mentioned are simple. You can download anything from drop but videos. You can only stream videos. As for documents, you just choose "Open in iBooks" and it saves it to the phone. A 2 step process. As for the alarm. You have to go to that specific alarm and choose vibrate only. It can't get any easier. It bothers me when people say you can't so this and that with an iphone that dont have one. Say that you don't know how to do it.
The Dropbox app does not work like on Android. This has been a known rant by iphone users for ages. Sharing files with Dropbox is far easier on Android. I do this all the time with my kids. One has Android and the other has ipod. You can do most things but it's not as easy.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I strongly disagree. It's always Apple this and Apple that. How many songs have you heard the word "Android" in? I can numerous songs where they mention iPhone. Look at TV, when ever they show a product, they always say "This app is available in the App Store". They after a pause like they forget "In the Google play store also!" They always mention iOs first. Watch the news. Every new Apple release gets coverage. Not once did my news report " Coming up next, HTC released the DNA!" If you think the love affair is over, you must dont look around or watch TV. In most movies they use iPhones.

In addition to Apple releases, I see these releases mentioned in the mainstream news: Google Nexus 4, Google Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet, and Microsoft Surface. It's not just Apple. IMO, the reason why you don't see mainstream news reporting on Samsung, Motorola, and HTC is because it's expected that they release phones and tablets.

A recent episode of the Office has Jim using a slider phone. In addition to iPhones, other shows show their characters using BlackBerries. If you're only looking for iPhones, you're only going to see iPhones.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Iphone been around longer and was better longer. There's only the iPhone and for Android you have to target one of many that won't be as recognizable as the iPhone. Then other androids are playing catch up to Samsung.

That love affair is nothing like it used to be. Few years back James Bond would've ran around with an iPhone not an Android. LeBron would have an iPhone not a custom Galaxy Note. I even see Cam Newton's Windows phone commercial more than those Apple commercials. I'll take LeBron's custom Galaxy Note 2 over the Bond phone anyway.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Iphone been around longer and was better longer. There's only the iPhone and for Android you have to target one of many that won't be as recognizable as the iPhone. Then other androids are playing catch up to Samsung.

That love affair is nothing like it used to be. Few years back James Bond would've ran around with an iPhone not an Android. LeBron would have an iPhone not a custom Galaxy Note. I even see Cam Newton's Windows phone commercial more than those Apple commercials. I'll take LeBron's custom Galaxy Note 2 over the Bond phone anyway.

You do know Lebron uses an iPhone. That Note 2 was for that commercial. Check out what he's using in public. It's an iPhone. Even for the Olympics, he was recording video with an iPhone.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The Dropbox app does not work like on Android. This has been a known rant by iphone users for ages. Sharing files with Dropbox is far easier on Android. I do this all the time with my kids. One has Android and the other has ipod. You can do most things but it's not as easy.

I don't see what's so different. I had both side by side. The only difference is you cannot download video with iOS only stream.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You do know Lebron uses an iPhone. That Note 2 was for that commercial. Check out what he's using in public. It's an iPhone. Even for the Olympics, he was recording video with an iPhone.

You do know he can carry more than one phone right? I have the Note and Note 2 but I mainly use my Infuse. I'm glad I got to see LeBron in person several times by going to Heat games and also by knowing the right people and he does use a Galaxy Note 2 as well unless Samsung is paying him to advertise it off camera as well. Also the US Note 2 wasn't available for the Olympics if I remember correctly. I doubt I'll even remember this topic by Feb 20 when the Heat are in Atlanta to find out which phone does he use most.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
In addition to Apple releases, I see these releases mentioned in the mainstream news: Google Nexus 4, Google Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet, and Microsoft Surface. It's not just Apple. IMO, the reason why you don't see mainstream news reporting on Samsung, Motorola, and HTC is because it's expected that they release phones and tablets.

A recent episode of the Office has Jim using a slider phone. In addition to iPhones, other shows show their characters using BlackBerries. If you're only looking for iPhones, you're only going to see iPhones.
The new James Bond was using the Sony Android phone.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't see what's so different. I had both side by side. The only difference is you cannot download video with iOS only stream.
I think it is more how Android allows you to share files within your apps and from your file manager. I always found that in iOS I was limited to only working in Dropbox and not from my other apps that interacted with Dropbox. If I sent a public link to a friend with an iPhone very often they couldn't open the file. Especially if it was zipped. This could be user error, but I just know it has happened a number of times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000