When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Tell that to the Android fans complaining about how some devices don't have SD card slots, or low internal memory, or a non-removable battery.

Choice. The beauty of Android.

No-one said they had to get the devices that have no SD card slot, or removable battery. Their fault, not Android's.

Choice really is the beauty of Android, along with many other things.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I pull out my Note 2 at a party this weekend...a clueless woman asks,"is that an ipad mini". sigh...
LOL! I get asked that almost every day in my office. I just think it's funny that some people think the ipad Mini is that small.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Something tells me that due to the fact that Android is dominating the Smartphone world now that there are some features people find interesting :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

I should be more clear about what I meant. Regular people won't care too much or notice a difference if OEMs goes closer to stock Android. Never meant to imply that Android didn't have interesting features because that would be a lie.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Something tells me that due to the fact that Android is dominating the Smartphone world now that there are some features people find interesting :thumbup:

Android is dominating because of the cheap $9.99 phones or free phone. That means nothing. I see more Honda Accords than I do Lambos. Which one would most people want?

AndreaCristiano

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Android is dominating because of the cheap $9.99 phones or free phone. That means nothing. I see more Honda Accords than I do Lambos. Which one would most people want?

Actually agree here. ANDROID is available on every carrier even crap like boost and metro etc. They're availability and the abillty to send out mass phones for nothing and on even the cheapest crappiest networks is why they dominate. Even as an Android user I have to admit this

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thats not androids fault android is software nothing more. Who uses it on what hardware is not dictated by google. If you have an issue with the fact that the software is readily available to more than upper middle class then I suggest you look back into iphones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

They want a Galaxy S III or Galaxy Note 2. Simple marketing.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I should be more clear about what I meant. Regular people won't care too much or notice a difference if OEMs goes closer to stock Android. Never meant to imply that Android didn't have interesting features because that would be a lie.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Spot on.

It's hilarious when people on forums like this claim that "stock Android" or "unlocked bootloaders" would automatically fix all of the problems Android OEMs not named Samsung currently have.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Also if it werent for honda the modern supercar would not be what it is. Do some research the nsx made those companies rethink their approach. The McLaren was modled after it even.

AndreaCristiano

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thats not androids fault android is software nothing more. Who uses it on what hardware is not dictated by google. If you have an issue with the fact that the software is readily available to more than upper middle class then I suggest you look back into iphones.

no one even hinted at that. We we're just stating that a major reason for market saturation is it's availability in every corner of the market. It's partially Androids fault because it is free and open source no one is knocking it just stating facts

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
no one even hinted at that. We we're just stating that a major reason for market saturation is it's availability in every corner of the market. It's partially Androids fault because it is free and open source no one is knocking it just stating facts

You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

It's not.

AndreaCristiano

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

It's not.

In a way it is. It increases fragmentation cheapens the experience for tea bottom end of the spectrum and waters down Android. Remember windows mobile? Basically the same patterns are emerging. Like I said I am an avid Android user but if they locked it down a bit and didn't make it fully opened they could benefit. Just look at the situation if they controlled OS updates. Just that would dramatically change Android for the better I might add. Cheaper phones should be stuffed with crap like bada OS and Symbian which could live on in that format

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
In a way it is. It increases fragmentation cheapens the experience for tea bottom end of the spectrum and waters down Android. Remember windows mobile? Basically the same patterns are emerging. Like I said I am an avid Android user but if they locked it down a bit and didn't make it fully opened they could benefit. Just look at the situation if they controlled OS updates. Just that would dramatically change Android for the better I might add. Cheaper phones should be stuffed with crap like bada OS and Symbian which could live on in that format

Clearly you dont understand what android was built for. Google is getting what it wants with that 75% market share. Why would they kill that by closing it off. Its not about the users for google its about your info. The people who need to focus on the user are oems.

AndreaCristiano

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Clearly you dont understand what android was built for. Google is getting what it wants with that 75% market share. Why would they kill that by closing it off. Its not about the users for google its about your info. The people who need to focus on the user are oems.

Clearly you don't understand what I said. I completely understand Android and what it was bought for not built as google bought it didn't create it. Also like I said not closed but a little more control. Windows mobile died a horrible death and it was the same scenario. Now not every mistake made was replicated by google but some have been

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Apple's IOS works plain and simple and as stated for the average user its easy to "get" and yes its somewhat of a status. I love my ipad and would never buy another tablet and am a 10 day android owner and would never use an iphone again, unless there is a major overhaul with the OS and the phone screen becomes 4.5"+

Right around the time you stop worrying about what other people are using and enjoy your device! :rolleyes:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I have to disagree to a point. Nobody told apple to only let att sell iPhone at first. Second this was the PURPOSE of Android phones to give an average consumer who couldn't afford an iPhone or wasn't a bbm work drone to have a smartphone. Plus the most popular phone this year wasn't no damn free or 10 bucks lol. The lowest ive seen a sgs3 was 150 ON contract. Like i said its all about choice. And to me a s3 or gn2 is the lambos of the smartphone world ip5 is like a bentley looks good but fragile and users dont really show em off much(cases) while my gnex is like a Chevy corvette lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Phone price is irrelevant for most people. The SGS3 is not a cheap phone. In fact all of the top phones are expensive. Your comment makes no sense.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Spot on.

It's hilarious when people on forums like this claim that "stock Android" or "unlocked bootloaders" would automatically fix all of the problems Android OEMs not named Samsung currently have.

Yeah say that in the Nexus 4 forums a few times and see how you get infraction points and banned

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Phone price is irrelevant for most people. The SGS3 is not a cheap phone. In fact all of the top phones are expensive. Your comment makes no sense.

How does it not make sense? A comment was made that Android dominates the market. I said its not hard when people are grabbing the free phones. My parents for example, always upgrade to a free phone. Androids have tons of free phones. It's not rocket surgery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey