When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I actually don't mind iTunes as a player. I've also used it for years and remember some of the bad releases but there are some things I do like about it and have used it as my daily player for years. I've tried many other players and just never found them to be as good. It could also be that I have a very fast computer so I don't notice the problems with lag etc anymore.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

^^This

Sent from Big Red

anonymous69

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
At the end of the day, iPhone has great ease of use and it has established itself over many years.

Android started off quite clunky and only with ICS is it now a really great experience.

So you have to give it a bit of time.

I am switching to Android now because I don't like the new Apple without Steve Jobs and this Apple plays the game now yet without any really groundbreaking stuff.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

Very true, you hit the nail right on. I don't think it's going to be long before millions more switch to android now that they truly created a great user experience( Jelly bean!:D). I came from an iPhone as well, and was fed up with Apple's OS and childish games they try to play as a "revolutionary" company. Everyone else is light years ahead of em!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

anonymous69

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Where I think its harder it in three specific areas.

1) Setting up the phone for the first time (If you arn't exclusively using gmail for mail/calendar/tasks)
2) Transferring and organizing content on the device
3) Moving from one device to the next.

I live in fear of the day I have to upgrade my phone.

LOL so do I hahaha. And yes, I HATE that google tries to make you get everything by them, whereas Apple lets you use your own email and such. I didn't need a Gmail and everything integrated with google, just so they can spy on every movement we make!!!!!:banghead::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL so do I hahaha. And yes, I HATE that google tries to make you get everything by them, whereas Apple lets you use your own email and such. I didn't need a Gmail and everything integrated with google, just so they can spy on every movement we make!!!!!:banghead::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I guess with all of your 8 posts you would be what is called a troll? Maybe not Anonymous69. Nice name.

Your gmail account is a login to your account which is no different than having to sign in to your itunes account. You don't have to use Gmail for email.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

This gents is an uneducated fanboy from the other side of the fence. Firstly you sound like some stupid kid who reads too many conspiracy websites. Second I really doubt you're anon in any way shape or form you probably like to think your some h@x0r when really you don't even know what anon is really about. Go back to pretending on 4chan :rolleyes:.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Shall I say ITUNES LOL. U CANT DOWNLOAD NOTHING WITHOUT ITUNES number 1. 2. Take the tin foil off yo head iOS apps and ect has the same permissions as android. The only difference is android tells u what they are doin

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Apple does it nicely and slickly in its controlled environment and ecosystem.

Bingo! That's exactly why. "Nicely and slickly!" You're missing your own strong point, and said it so well. And the fact that iTunes is such a one stop shop get it done method of doing all the administrative things mentioned. Bam, fire up iTunes, and of course manage your music while you're at it. BlackBerry? Are you serious?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy reading how people don't like the "new apple without Steve Jobs"
Lol... It's the same old basic iphone.

a2atudab.jpg

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It's like fans of Android need to talk about Apple to justify their Android purchase.

? Aren't you a fan of Android? Do I have to call you a fanboy again Ry? Lol. It hurts me when you make me say it. :p

K4Y

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The only time public's love affair with the iPhone end. Is when the public uses an android them self and see how great the os is. But every one is different tho so if the public's don't ever try an android they wont know what there missing. Anyway i have been using mobiles for a very long ass time since the time of the them brick phones to brick smart phones. And i have to say if you want the best smart phone now then the note 2 is the best and i have had many smart phones and different os like sony ericsson p900 etc. But we need competition or else companies will get lazy and there wont be any new inventions

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
? Aren't you a fan of Android? Do I have to call you a fanboy again Ry? Lol. It hurts me when you make me say it. :p

How many replies and views does this thread have again? Seems an "Apple thread" pops up during every major phone release recently.

I'm not starting the conversation about Apple in phone forums here, I'm just joining in on the discussion.

Threads like this make it seem like Android fans are jealous if this supposed love affair with that the media and general public has with Apple.

My point - if people wanted an iPhone right now, they would have one. Yet there are more Android phones than iPhones.

If there was a love affair with the iPhone, it's already over.

Personally I see it more and more. The success of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note 2 have proven that to me. And I see more and more of them everyday.

So go ahead and call me a fanboy. Even though it's a personal attack on me, I can take it. That's not my credibility at stake.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The only time public's love affair with the iPhone end. Is when the public uses an android them self and see how great the os is. But every one is different tho so if the public's don't ever try an android they wont know what there missing. Anyway i have been using mobiles for a very long ass time since the time of the them brick phones to brick smart phones. And i have to say if you want the best smart phone now then the note 2 is the best and i have had many smart phones and different os like sony ericsson p900 etc. But we need competition or else companies will get lazy and there wont be any new inventions

Are you saying that it's over when everyone dumps the iPhone? Android already has the marketshare.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Bingo! That's exactly why. "Nicely and slickly!" You're missing your own strong point, and said it so well. And the fact that iTunes is such a one stop shop get it done method of doing all the administrative things mentioned. Bam, fire up iTunes, and of course manage your music while you're at it. BlackBerry? Are you serious?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

You picked one snippet of my entire OP, distorted the context in which it was written, and missed the original point of this thread.

I'll say it again: this was never intended (at least not by me) to be a "let's bash Apple" discussion. That's why I pointed out the things they do well IMHO, along with a few things I don't like about them. No, this was really more about the creepy love affair that exists, and not even so much from fanboys. (Yes, Android has creepy fanboys, too.) But the ubiquity and omnipresence of all-things-iphone in our entire culture and public psyche is just...well, it's been said. I just wondered out loud if/when it will end.

And for the record, the BlackBerry to which I was referring was the BB of 5 years ago...not the BB of today. I apologize if I didn't make that clear.

Carry on.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How many replies and views does this thread have again? Seems an "Apple thread" pops up during every major phone release recently.

I'm not starting the conversation about Apple in phone forums here, I'm just joining in on the discussion.

Threads like this make it seem like Android fans are jealous if this supposed love affair with that the media and general public has with Apple.

My point - if people wanted an iPhone right now, they would have one. Yet there are more Android phones than iPhones.

If there was a love affair with the iPhone, it's already over.

Personally I see it more and more. The success of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note 2 have proven that to me. And I see more and more of them everyday.

So go ahead and call me a fanboy. Even though it's a personal attack on me, I can take it. That's not my credibility at stake.

Hey don't take it personally. I was just ribbing you a bit. I really enjoy your comments and your perspective and know you are a true tech fan with an open mind through and through. :thumbup:

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
You picked one snippet of my entire OP, distorted the context in which it was written, and missed the original point of this thread.

I'll say it again: this was never intended (at least not by me) to be a "let's bash Apple" discussion. That's why I pointed out the things they do well IMHO, along with a few things I don't like about them. No, this was really more about the creepy love affair that exists, and not even so much from fanboys. (Yes, Android has creepy fanboys, too.) But the ubiquity and omnipresence of all-things-iphone in our entire culture and public psyche is just...well, it's been said. I just wondered out loud if/when it will end.

And for the record, the BlackBerry to which I was referring was the BB of 5 years ago...not the BB of today. I apologize if I didn't make that clear.

Carry on.

Maybe I did, but I hear you on the "love affair" perspective and I think it's true too, hugely. I reflected on that snippet I quoted because I think that that's the whole point of Apple in the first place and that their products live on that as a premise. Which is why it DOES appeal to the masses. It's a culture, and it's high tech, polished, slick, cute, and dare I say "just works!"

:beer::D:beer::D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Very true, you hit the nail right on. I don't think it's going to be long before millions more switch to android now that they truly created a great user experience( Jelly bean!:D). I came from an iPhone as well, and was fed up with Apple's OS and childish games they try to play as a "revolutionary" company. Everyone else is light years ahead of em!!

This is my first and possibility last iphone. I can't out into words how restricted it is. Don't get me wrong for people who just text, talk and browse its good for that it the phone is if you want more.

For instance all my droids were slow phones, evo design, evo 4g galaxy nexus that some pink kid scammed me out of cuz the esn was bad so I couldn't use it. These phones had heavy lag and was annoying but the multitasking in android is very good. My favorite app was tube mate which allows me to dl YouTube videos and I could leave the app and the download would run on the background while I do something else but on iOS I can't do that, I have to pay for the same type of apps but its not a true download more like a cache so it's stored where I can't retrieve it but if I leave the app the download starts all over again.

The music app for iPhone doesn't display in the pull down notification so when I want to change songs I have to reenter the app of double click to bring up the list of lastly used apps.

Trust me its annoying and I'm thinking of selling and getting a galaxy nexus.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I did, but I hear you on the "love affair" perspective and I think it's true too, hugely. I reflected on that snippet I quoted because I think that that's the whole point of Apple in the first place and that their products live on that as a premise. Which is why it DOES appeal to the masses. It's a culture, and it's high tech, polished, slick, cute, and dare I say "just works!"

:beer::D:beer::D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

It's all good, man! No one can argue that Apple's products and business model have been wildly successful. They are perfect for many, many millions of people. And I have no dispute with them at all...just like Android better because it suits my personality and need to tinker.

As an American company, I hope Apple continues to be successful and make a lot of people wealthy in the process! :-$ :-$ :-$

K4Y

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that it's over when everyone dumps the iPhone? Android already has the marketshare.

Am not saying that. People will always have android an iso until the next big thing comes out. Like it always do. Any way for now am enjoying my new android device