When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
When I'm outside wearing gloves I love using the stylus to do anything on my note. :D

Sent from my behemoth of a phone,the Galaxy Note II
/
D:
\

the sheep keep slamming/raising marketing, and this and that, but this here sir would make for a epic eskimo comercial:) What about a vodka ice bar to boot. To hell with the mass.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes, for example the mere fact that Macs cost more than PCs attracts a lot of people. They assume that because something costs more it must be better. That and the fact that they are idiot proof (world is filled with idiots). But of course making them idiot proof means you lose flexibility but the people who like iPhones wouldn't know how to take advantage of the flexibility anyhow if it required any reading or even anything more than just tapping around on the touchscreen.

The only thing that is a true attraction for the iPhone is the number of accessories, like cases, that are available. With so many different android phones on the market, it is too low volume for many accessory manufacturers to enter the market. They need volume sales to up their profit margin. Apple, by keeping to 1 release of an iPhone a year, makes it more profitable for the accessory manufacturers.

That use to be true but macs and pcs cost the same today with the same options.

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

mikeraba

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It will stop when people finally realize that "more expensive does not always = better" and not before then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

If that's the case, then my new Galaxy Note 2 is a lesser phone that the iPhone 5 since it cost more. Iphone was on sale for $150...my Note 2 was on sale for $250

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
There is definitely an unfair bias in favor of the iPhone in this country. It's really sickening and all I can say is Apple has a hitler-like marketing team and they are able to successfully brainwash their current loyal customers and many potential future customers. People may say I crossed a line with a comment like that but if you look at media across the board, the iPhone and App Store names are always mentioned first when it comes to smartphones and apps these days. Not to mention an unfair bias towards app creation. More App developers cater to Apple than Android. Why?! It's a friggin conspiracy if you ask me. I don't care what Apple makes or how the iPhone is designed I'll never buy into their ecosystem. The only thing I ever did was the iPod years ago and that didn't turn out well. I don't use it anymore and it's nothing but a paperweight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

YoshiB1

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the i5. I just bought the Note 2. Why? I like the i5, think it looks good, it's well made, is better than the i4 I had but! it's the same old i4 but faster with a larger screen. Nothing impresses me in iOS6. My i4 was always jailbroken and this is why I loved it so much because my phone was open for customization. Now that there's no JB for i5 on iOS6 in sight the phones boring. I used to be on my i4 everyday! Even if I had nothing to do I'd always be looking for tweaks etc. Now I can't do this. I bought a ?15 voucher for the App Store and still have ?8 odd left. I've pretty much had this voucher since the release of the i5 in October. That shows you how much I've used it. After looking at Android, even though I didn't like it to begin with, it's actually better. I think it still has room with improvement but I believe it's now at the point where it's close to matching iOS and perhaps even matching and exceeding it - I've still to learn more about Android. Complete freedom. I can play MKV files and a whole load of other formats on the Note 2. On the i5 I need to convert everything to MP4. I was under the impression with the new i5 that there were amazing changes and how great it will be for me to have. I was wrong and I must confess this to everyone that I argued with that this was better than their crappy android phones. Please forgive me :D lol. (Not that any of you will be on this forum).

I can't wait for my Note 2 to be delivered :)

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Haha how bout no. I can get a top notch laptop with win8 for 500. Those macs I saw was about a stack(1000) dollars. No thank you

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
There is definitely an unfair bias in favor of the iPhone in this country. It's really sickening and all I can say is Apple has a hitler-like marketing team and they are able to successfully brainwash their current loyal customers and many potential future customers. People may say I crossed a line with a comment like that but if you look at media across the board, the iPhone and App Store names are always mentioned first when it comes to smartphones and apps these days. Not to mention an unfair bias towards app creation. More App developers cater to Apple than Android. Why?! It's a friggin conspiracy if you ask me. I don't care what Apple makes or how the iPhone is designed I'll never buy into their ecosystem. The only thing I ever did was the iPod years ago and that didn't turn out well. I don't use it anymore and it's nothing but a paperweight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Its called the 'Matrix' and a lot of people are stuck in it. Hell, some even like it!! We have to wake them up or else all is lost!!.....lol!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

? What? Sorry but they are certainty not the same price although I wish they were. They have come down in price, but a full blown desktop PC is far cheaper than a comparable iMac. And this is still an all in one system with limited upgrade ability. You get less HD, less ram and a slower video card for the same or more than a PC. I run a design company and have to buy and upgrade systems all the time. Apple systems used to last longer over all but PCs are so fast now they last for many years. You would have a hard time spending $1500 on a PC today including a 24 inch monitor. But this would have 16gb ram, 2tb hd, i7 Core chip, 1gb video etc. The iMac wouldn't come close.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mikeraba

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
No the i5 is older hince why its cheaper

The Nokia 920 is $99. It's a pretty new phone. When the iPhone 5 first came out, it was $200 to upgrade. Note 2 was $300 to upgrade. Older doesn't mean cheaper when you're talking a month or weeks. The Note 1 still sells for $150...same as iPhone 5 and it's much older.

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Mannn i went to the mall last night... the GS3 advertising and amount of ppl walking around with one is ridiculous?

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia 920 is $99. It's a pretty new phone. When the iPhone 5 first came out, it was $200 to upgrade. Note 2 was $300 to upgrade. Older doesn't mean cheaper when you're talking a month or weeks. The Note 1 still sells for $150...same as iPhone 5 and it's much older.

Lol look what it is... A WINDOWS PHONE lol. They don't have the market share or juice to charge 300 for any windows phone regardless of specs

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol look what it is... A WINDOWS PHONE lol. They don't have the market share or juice to charge 300 for any windows phone regardless of specs

True but I do think the OS is growing and will have enough of the market share soon to be a significant midrange competitor. Manufactures and consumers alike interested in only the more high-end devices will continue to turn to Android and iOS, but we'll definitely see Windows Phone grow in 2013. It's a clear, simple platform that both Windows8 fans and users looking for alternatives will choose. HTC and Samsung will help make it an easier decision by coming out with much better Win8 "flagship" phones like we saw with the 8x and Ativ this year. Should be an interesting couple of quarters with BB10 launching and CES:thumbup:

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3