When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Why does it matter so much to others what phones people own? Competition is great. It drives innovation. Like the note 2. Imagine if Samsung were the only smart phone manufacture. For people that wanted something the size of the iPhone and that worked like the iPhone they would be out of luck. To me there isn't enough competition in is market. My .02.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Less talk about iphone. What are your thoughts on RIM? You guys think blackberry will make a come back with BB10? I personally don't think so. :p

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Less talk about iphone. What are your thoughts on RIM? You guys think blackberry will make a come back with BB10? I personally don't think so. :p

Nope. The hardware (which was the main problem in my opinion) looks like the same crap they've been pushing out for years.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I don't think they will return to their former customer numbers but it could turn some heads and bring some people back. It looks pretty slick to me and better than Windows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they will return to their former customer numbers but it could turn some heads and bring some people back. It looks pretty slick to me and better than Windows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Nope. The hardware (which was the main problem in my opinion) looks like the same crap they've been pushing out for years.

Agreed, Android has much better hardware and I think Windows like ios; doesn't look very customizable.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, Android has much better hardware and I think Windows like ios; doesn't look very customizable.

When I originally decided I wanted to add a line to try a new platform I looked at windows phone for all of a day. Their app selection is terrible. I couldn't find most of the apps I use regularly, so I lost interest. It's a shame too because the hardware and software both look very nice and aren't like the Microsoft of old.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
When I originally decided I wanted to add a line to try a new platform I looked at windows phone for all of a day. Their app selection is terrible. I couldn't find most of the apps I use regularly, so I lost interest. It's a shame too because the hardware and software both look very nice and aren't like the Microsoft of old.

Maybe give it some more time? The OS is still fairly new.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe give it some more time? The OS is still fairly new.

I think it's all about not making bad choices now. If Windows or BlackBerry don't have the app selection then people will opt out. It's a chicken and egg conundrum to some degree.

As for blackberry hardware I'm not sure what you are talking about. The last few BB devices were very well made and very nice looking. They were still blackberries but they have always been tough devices. The new ones look pretty nice. I hope they make a come back but they will not get any of my money regardless. :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it's all about not making bad choices now. If Windows or BlackBerry don't have the app selection then people will opt out. It's a chicken and egg conundrum to some degree.

As for blackberry hardware I'm not sure what you are talking about. The last few BB devices were very well made and very nice looking. They were still blackberries but they have always been tough devices. The new ones look pretty nice. I hope they make a come back but they will not get any of my money regardless. :p

My main problem is the lack of major improvements in the OS, then specs being outdated and the issues/bugs that pop up with the hardware/software. And no apps as well.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My main problem is the lack of major improvements in the OS, then specs being outdated and the issues/bugs that pop up with the hardware/software. And no apps as well.

I have a friend who works for Best Buy and he tried out the new BlackBerry 10 device and said it was really really nice he was quite surprised by how cool it was. I hope that it's really good and that everyone gets a fresh look at blackberry again. And that they can get a lot more app developers on board because even though blackberry is getting a bit of a bad rap these days they still do have a lot of people that use them especially outside of North America. There certainly further ahead than Windows Phone is right now. At least in terms of overall users.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who works for Best Buy and he tried out the new BlackBerry 10 device and said it was really really nice he was quite surprised by how cool it was. I hope that it's really good and that everyone gets a fresh look at blackberry again. And that they can get a lot more app developers on board because even though blackberry is getting a bit of a bad rap these days they still do have a lot of people that use them especially outside of North America. There certainly further ahead than Windows Phone is right now. At least in terms of overall users.

I would be happy if they got back on their feet too. Overall I did enjoy using the one I had before I went to Android.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify - the intellectual property I own is patented, not copyright, so fair use doesn't enter into the picture with the kinds of intellectual property I own.

In general, I think the fair use copyright doctrine should be expanded, but the original napster was about the in toto copying of music without any remuneration at all going to the artists. Now if an artist was OK with that because it led to fame and fame led to the ability to sell out concerts and selling out concerts led to money in their pocket, well good for them. But that doesn't mean that other artists should not be able to profit from the distribution of their own work.

The real problem with napster was the large scale and ease of the theft and how until the lawsuits started, to the average Joe, it seemed like there was nothing wrong with what they were doing. It was on the internet, and if it was on the internet, it had to be OK, right?

I wasn't insulting anyone. Johnly was posting things that were incorrect wrt intellectual property and I called him on it.

It is okay, I see you are cooling off. Fyi, I have just stated "opinions," nothing to call out really lol. I would have stayed and got into a healthy debate, but all that was way to personal and heated. No reason to "call people out ever really," just state your truth, provide the evidence, and carry on....
I used Napster when it was not a crime. Pittiful me.

What do you sell? I will buy 10 and support your cause :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't help but find the last part funny considering that your Username is WannaBeYou. But don't go. It was just a heated debate that got out of hand. We can all get along here. Most of us are practically adults. Or at the very least immature senior citizens. I got a warning once if it makes you feel any better and I think it came from Kevin. :eek:

I dont want to see "Wannabeyou" go either. I have gotten infractions here, so I don't even mess around with dancing on the lines of forum rules (I try my best anyhow.) If someone states something I disagree with, it is beast to avoid jumping on them, and quoting them with judgment. It is not my job, and I don't need to prove any points. I don't agree with all of the drm laws, but I do play fair and abide by them. With disagreement, the best debates just happen when people stick to their truths, and evident their arguments, that way we all have fun and discuss! Legit? He he

Just felt the need to chime a day late, rather then getting into it yesterday. Thanks AC for providing a most awesome platform for us to discuss, and a place people can feel safe to do so. I love this place! Much respect to all!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I dont want to see "Wannabeyou" go either. I have gotten infractions here, so I don't even mess around with dancing on the lines of forum rules (I try my best anyhow.) If someone states something I disagree with, it is beast to avoid jumping on them, and quoting them with judgment. It is not my job, and I don't need to prove any points. I don't agree with all of the drm laws, but I do play fair and abide by them. With disagreement, the best debates just happen when people stick to their truths, and evident their arguments, that way we all have fun and discuss! Legit? He he

Just felt the need to chime a day late, rather then getting into it yesterday. Thanks AC for providing a most awesome platform for us to discuss, and a place people can feel safe to do so. I love this place! Much respect to all!

I knew I liked you and now I know why. Class act. We can be friends and disagree.

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I just dropped my iPhone for my note and do not regret it. I have not been able to find anything that my iPhone could do that my note currently can't. This thing even has its own version of siri.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Iphone owners here recognize a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone here, Samsung is on the right path. :thumbup::D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20