When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Iphone owners here recognize a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone here, Samsung is on the right path. :thumbup::D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Right path in most ways? Yes.

Right path in all ways? No

Form and visually they are only half a step better than they always have been. The cliche "cheap plastic samsung phone" still holds an alarming amount of truth even for their latest. And their phones, while dont feel bad in the hand, don't feel great either.

If they fix these 2 things along with making touch wiz a little less bloated visually and they will be come the android power house they have been advertise as. Until then, they will still have the sigma of selling cheap crap compared to the iphone "premium"

This is a problem across android and not just with samsung, but samsung is one of the top offenders. The only oem stepping up to the plate with this is surprisingly moto. Their new HD line looks and feels great and solid with great materials.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Right path in most ways? Yes.

Right path in all ways? No

Form and visually they are only half a step better than they always have been. The cliche "cheap plastic samsung phone" still holds an alarming amount of truth even for their latest. And their phones, while dont feel bad in the hand, don't feel great either.

If they fix these 2 things along with making touch wiz a little less bloated visually and they will be come the android power house they have been advertise as. Until then, they will still have the sigma of selling cheap crap compared to the iphone "premium"

This is a problem across android and not just with samsung, but samsung is one of the top offenders. The only oem stepping up to the plate with this is surprisingly moto. Their new HD line looks and feels great and solid with great materials.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I actually like they feel of my note. I also liked the s3's feel, neither feels cheap to me. Just picky people who dunno quality.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
That "cheap plastic" is far more durable than you think. I have thrown my rocket full force in anger during an argument and although the backplate sim SD and battery flew out the phone sustained no damage. The screen has no cracks or scratches. My wife can attest to the force at which this phone has been thrown lol. No not at her or because of her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Build quality is fine, well and, good until people slap on actual cheap plastic cases they got out of a Dollar General bin. /)_-

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I actually like the feel of the s3 and note 2. I thought build quality sucked on the galaxy nexus. Only thing thats bad is if u dont use a case its slippery.

ONE BAD ASS NOTE 2 ON A BAD ASS JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
That "cheap plastic" is far more durable than you think. I have thrown my rocket full force in anger during an argument and although the backplate sim SD and battery flew out the phone sustained no damage. The screen has no cracks or scratches. My wife can attest to the force at which this phone has been thrown lol. No not at her or because of her.

Build quality is fine, well and, good until people slap on actual cheap plastic cases they got out of a Dollar General bin. /)_-

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Thank you guys for making my point. :thumbup::D

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I think is better on iOS now is the apps. I think the Play Store has come on loads and gained more features in the last few months but I still think that you when someone makes an app they make it automatically for iOS and the good apps on iOS that get ported over to Android mostly get done badly. Other than this I think that Android excels whereas Apple just bring out the same bland products each year and have never really changed much since the iPhone 4. I always have preferred Android since I got my first Android phone but always hated how iOS was such a smooth OS. That was the only reason I would ever buy one but now I've got my Nexus 4 which is unbelievably smooth its unreal it smashes iOS into the ground. Basically no one will stop buying iPhones because they're something which people see as cool to have and they're easy to us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the feel of the s3 and note 2. I thought build quality sucked on the galaxy nexus. Only thing thats bad is if u dont use a case its slippery.

ONE BAD ASS NOTE 2 ON A BAD ASS JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM

No bias but I like the build quality of the Gnex and the note2

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Please enlighten me: give me a couple of examples of POPULAR apps that suck for Android but are fantastic on iOS. Keep in mind I've got 4 Touchs in the house, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with iOS, which I've abandoned in favor of Android so it's not like I don't know about iOS app quality (at least for the non-iPad versions). I dropped out of iOS before the iPad had received many iPad-specific app updates and we are on a PHONE forum, so the tablet apps aren't really relevant anyway.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I think is better on iOS now is the apps. I think the Play Store has come on loads and gained more features in the last few months but I still think that you when someone makes an app they make it automatically for iOS and the good apps on iOS that get ported over to Android mostly get done badly. Other than this I think that Android excels whereas Apple just bring out the same bland products each year and have never really changed much since the iPhone 4. I always have preferred Android since I got my first Android phone but always hated how iOS was such a smooth OS. That was the only reason I would ever buy one but now I've got my Nexus 4 which is unbelievably smooth its unreal it smashes iOS into the ground. Basically no one will stop buying iPhones because they're something which people see as cool to have and they're easy to us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

While I agree that in general, app quality on iOS is higher than app quality on Android, this gap is closing - and closing fast.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Please enlighten me: give me a couple of examples of POPULAR apps that suck for Android but are fantastic on iOS. Keep in mind I've got 4 Touchs in the house, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with iOS, which I've abandoned in favor of Android so it's not like I don't know about iOS app quality (at least for the non-iPad versions). I dropped out of iOS before the iPad had received many iPad-specific app updates and we are on a PHONE forum, so the tablet apps aren't really relevant anyway.

Tapatalk
Chase
Navy Federal
eBay

They still function on Android but the quality is no where near the same. Chase on Android has so many issues with check deposits.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk
Chase
Navy Federal
eBay

They still function on Android but the quality is no where near the same. Chase on Android has so many issues with check deposits.

Taptalk I disagree as I have seen it on both devices.
Chase I have had zero issues with and I use it regularly.

The other two I couldn't tell you.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
couldn't care less about any of those. I just deposited a check via Bank of America, on my Note2 today. :) worked like a champ.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Taptalk I disagree as I have seen it on both devices.
Chase I have had zero issues with and I use it regularly.

The other two I couldn't tell you.

I didn't say they didn't work. The quality isn't the same as for appearance. If you can't see the more attention to detail give. Ti the iOs apps you are blind. The way tapatalk scrolls on iOS is different than Android. Look out each topic collapses in iOS when you scroll the newest posted. In Android it's totally different. I don't understand why developers don't pay the same amount of attention to detail to both.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say they didn't work. The quality isn't the same as for appearance. If you can't see the more attention to detail give. Ti the iOs apps you are blind. The way tapatalk scrolls on iOS is different than Android. Look out each topic collapses in iOS when you scroll the newest posted. In Android it's totally different. I don't understand why developers don't pay the same amount of attention to detail to both.

I don't feel the quality is diminished at all but that's my "crazy blind" opinion.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

The Gmail app kicks the Android versions ass. Ironic, no?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2