When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I think they would have to bring something unique and/or extraordinary to the table to pull me away from Android......or Android would have to disappoint me somehow, lol! I do hope they are successful and keep the diversity of products going!

The two biggest things you are going to see about BB10 that will set it apart are the universal inbox (something that the old Motoblur tried on Android but didn't implement very well, and one handed ease of usr (another thing that OEMs have struggled with). Both are central to. BB10 (the entire OS being designed around them ). The biggest challenge I see is the need for users to have to learn new gestures that are not necessarily as intuitive as they could be.

I thunk its going to be enough to cement their position as #3 in the market but it will be an uphill battle to take on Apple and Google.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but you have to read the Android poke in the second paragraph. So funny

http://www.beatweek.com/blog/13457-...&utm_medium=shortlink&utm_campaign=shortlinks

Sent from my PMID1000B using Tapatalk HD

"Most Android users never caught on, as after all it?s merely a platform for those geeks whose whose sense of self worth revolves around hating Apple, and those mainstream buyers who don?t have the any clue what they?re buying."

Ummm...
LOL

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol I posted that a few posts above just a couple of days ago.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Lol. Sorry. After I posted that I thought to myself that someone here must have already done the same.

My bad. :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think they would have to bring something unique and/or extraordinary to the table to pull me away from Android......or Android would have to disappoint me somehow, lol! I do hope they are successful and keep the diversity of products going!
I agree. It would take a lot. But some people love BlackBerry so they will go for it. Which is fine.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
IMO, it's really not. I've yet to see a High-end Android phone at school whereas every class has about 5 iPhones.

Tom

The Galaxy S III has been the "it" phone.

This is what I see people wanting and eventually switching to. You won't see it right away with how phones are bought in the US. Contracts don't end at the same time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
IMO, it's really not. I've yet to see a High-end Android phone at school whereas every class has about 5 iPhones.

Tom

It may be in this thread itself but I been through my school before for an assignment. There are far more high end androids than iPhones at my school. Either way everyone's area is different.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
It may be in this thread itself but I been through my school before for an assignment. There are far more high end androids than iPhones at my school. Either way everyone's area is different.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

It quite possible has to do with the fact that I'm in Australia. Maybe Aussie carriers aren't accepting Androids as much as iPhone. Also, in Australia, we don't have the same advertising as the US.

Tom

Last edited:

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
As reported yesterday the Android market share is now 74% while iOS has just 15%. Quite the reversal from years past.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with many of the posts here: The media and public's love affair with the iPhone is already ending:

Apple below $500 - Jan. 15, 2013
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57564034-37/apples-shares-fall-to-$488-as-investors-fail-to-shake-worry/
Apple is serving the same old dish that used to be the hip thing to eat. But now there's a new restaurant in town serving something new and people like the way it tastes. Some people will still choose to eat at the Apple store but eventually the old cook needs to be fired or the menu needs to change. Apple needs a new visionary. It's not Tim Cook but it might be Jonathan Ive. He has a young fresh outlook on things and a great eye for design and usability. Apple fans are loyal to him and he is a bit anti establishment IMO. I truly despise the current direction Apple is going but I hope they will continue to push innovative ideas without being such douche bags. We all need Apple to keep a carrot dangling ahead of us even if it is looking a bit shriveled.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Apple is serving the same old dish that used to be the hip thing to eat. But now there's a new restaurant in town serving something new and people like the way it tastes. Some people will still choose to eat at the Apple store but eventually the old cook needs to be fired or the menu needs to change. Apple needs a new visionary. It's not Tim Cook but it might be Jonathan Ive. He has a young fresh outlook on things and a great eye for design and usability. Apple fans are loyal to him and he is a bit anti establishment IMO. I truly despise the current direction Apple is going but I hope they will continue to push innovative ideas without being such douche bags. We all need Apple to keep a carrot dangling ahead of us even if it is looking a bit shriveled.

Wow. You got it in one. Without Steve Jobs Apple has the sass but without the substance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow. You got it in one. Without Steve Jobs Apple has the sass but without the substance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Ya the saddest part is that Jobs isn't here to keep surprising us. But you never know. Maybe they will pull a rabbit out of a hat.

The thing I find interesting lately is that lots of people are ignoring the iPhone as an option now. I've had a few people ask me about upgrading recently and all of them said they didn't want an iphone but asked about the SGS3 and surprisingly the BlackBerry 10. This for me proves that the word on the street is that the iPhone is not the king on the block anymore.

The best part was when I told them about the carrier free Nexus 4. Every person said that they are going to wait for it.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ya the saddest part is that Jobs isn't here to keep surprising us. But you never know. Maybe they will pull a rabbit out of a hat.

The thing I find interesting lately is that lots of people are ignoring the iPhone as an option now. I've had a few people ask me about upgrading recently and all of them said they didn't want an iphone but asked about the SGS3 and surprisingly the BlackBerry 10. This for me proves that the word on the street is that the iPhone is not the king on the block anymore.

The best part was when I told them about the carrier free Nexus 4. Every person said that they are going to wait for it.

Bring on the Nexii world domination!

Mobile phones are just a phase. Give it a few years, and Google Glass (and competitors') wearable technology will be in. If Apple can make something with that then maybe they have a shot.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2