I was watching a 1080 p movie on my big screen through my galaxy note 2. It looked excellent but I just had 1 question: every so often I would get glitches of black screen for about a second or 2. Does anyone know what that is? The only thing I can think is it maybe I was getting some notifications coming in.

Thanks all...

Sent from my Samung "Brick"
    12-11-2012 10:22 AM
    I was watching a 1080 p movie on my big screen through my galaxy note 2. It looked excellent but I just had 1 question: every so often I would get glitches of black screen for about a second or 2. Does anyone know what that is? The only thing I can think is it maybe I was getting some notifications coming in.

Thanks all...
    Hey man sorry I know this isn't 100% the response you were looking for, but I actually have a question for you lol

Are you using an official Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MHL adapter? Or is it an official one for a different model? Or even still is it a cheap knock-off?

I used to experience your EXACT same problem with a cheapie monoprice knock off back on the Galaxy Nexus. The screen would go black for a few seconds at a time randomly. Not even touching the phone and it would do it. From what I read around, it was because of the cheap adapter I was using.

So not 100% the response you were looking for but the answer to your question might be revealed through answering my question.
    12-11-2012 11:56 AM
    Yes thanks for the reply. that's probably what it was because I did buy a cheapy knock off from ebay for 12 bucks. Funny thing was that the photos on eBay said Samsung on the unit but when I received it, it didn't say samsung. Hmm imagine that!

Anyway I appreciate the response and it's good to know that someone else had the same problem!

Sent from my Samung "Brick"
    12-11-2012 12:18 PM
    I also have a question about the official Samsung HDMI adapter. Will it mirror HBOGO and WatchESPN apps on the tv? My iPad blocks HBOGO and a couple of other apps from mirroring on the tv even with their official HDMI adapter.
    12-11-2012 12:34 PM
    No problem man! I would definitely recommend you get this one:

HDTV Universal Adapter (11 Pin) )

And if you register your phone on the web site you get a 50% off coupon that you can apply towards this. So it'll only cost $19.99, not bad for an official adapter

I haven't heard of any problems with that since my Droid X days. Some apps knew about the cable and didn't want you doing it, so they disabled HDMI out. But that was years ago and I don't think Samsung phones work the same way. So pretty sure you shouldn't have any problems with HBO or any other app kicking you off the TV.
    12-11-2012 12:38 PM