Camera shortcut?

Sno4Life

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a camera shortcut from the lock screen like there Is on The S III? I'm not finding anything like that, and really like the S III shortcut (press-hold screen and rotate phone into landscape position to go directly to camera).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a camera on my lockscreen. I just touch it and swipe and it unlocks and goes straight to camera. If this is not what you are talking then my bad.

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
The Note 2 does have the tap and hold screen and rotate the phone to start camera thing. The option is found in the lock screen menu.

Sno4Life

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a pin unlock or something other than the swipe to unlock? If so I do not think that it will bypass anything but that.

Yes, I am using a pattern lock... wonder if that's what it is. I thought I remembered seeing a video where you could bypass that, however. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

xxdroidproxx

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
There is a shortcut that does exactly that. I have the pattern lock enabled but if I rotate my phone and then "tap and hold" the lock screen the camera automatically opens. This is configured in Settings>Lock screen>Lock screen options>Under Features>Camera quick access

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There is a shortcut that does exactly that. I have the pattern lock enabled but if I rotate my phone and then "tap and hold" the lock screen the camera automatically opens. This is configured in Settings>Lock screen>Lock screen options>Under Features>Camera quick access
Can you really do that??!! If so, HUUUUUGE security flaw!!! Pattern Lock/Pin Lock/Whatever Lock should NOT be bypassed by anything BUT the appropriate code or password... that's the whole point of it! If you can bypass that with a camera shortuct, then that gives anyone access to your phone (just open the camera, press the Home button and you're good to go).

EDIT: OK, panic aside, I just confirmed this is NOT possible in my phone (4.1.2 with Exynos patch). The option to even enable the gesture camera shortcut is not available when using Pattern Lock, PIN Lock, Face/FaceVoice Lock, and Password Lock. The only way to get this shortcut to work is by enabling Swipe Lock, No Lock, or Motion Lock, which clearly state NO security if chosen. I can put my pitchfork down now...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol