Is a 6 inch Note 3 insane to hope for?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that my Note 2 feels like a regular sized smartphone, I was wondering if I would feel just as comfortable over time with a slightly bigger Note? Any thoughts on a 6 inch Note 3?

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
That's screen size correct? If so then no because we have wasted space right now on our note 2. They could make a 6 inch smaller than our more 2 if they use edge to edge full screens. Would be nice.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well according to rumours it's a 6.3 inch super amoled 1080p display, crazy if I must say as its pretty much a tablet then

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Well according to rumours it's a 6.3 inch super amoled 1080p display, crazy if I must say as its pretty much a tablet then

I knew that it would be 1080p. I didn't think that it would be 6.3 inches. That would be big. where did you see that rumor?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind a bigger screen as long as they can make the battery last as long as on the current Note II.
I love not having to worry about charging during the day.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about 6 or 6.3, but after a month of using the original Note at 5.3, I was thinking at the time the Note 2 should be 5.8. I thought back then that 5.8 would be the perfect size for me.

After Sammy released the Note 2 at 5.5, I originally thought it was too small (imagine that), and not much of difference over the original; I was wrong. I really like the 5.5 display, and this size works very nice for my use.

That being said, in my humble opinion, there is no size that TOO big. Only the market and consumer demand can determine when the size is too big. As long as people want a particular size, are willing to pay their money for it, and OEM's are not losing money, then they will build them to meet demand. I try to refrain from suggesting what I might like, or not like, is somehow the standard by which others should like, or not like, a product or service.

Hey, if people are willing to buy it, then it's not too big.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
That's screen size correct? If so then no because we have wasted space right now on our note 2. They could make a 6 inch smaller than our more 2 if they use edge to edge full screens. Would be nice.

I did a little measuring, and by my calculations, unless they drop the buttons and the notifications lights and speaker, the biggest size they can squeeze in would be 6 inches. And the aspect ratio would be slightly off. On the other hand, if they made the phone every so slightly wider, they could do a 6.3 inch 16:9 display.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I did a little measuring, and by my calculations, unless they drop the buttons and the notifications lights and speaker, the biggest size they can squeeze in would be 6 inches. And the aspect ratio would be slightly off. On the other hand, if they made the phone every so slightly wider, they could do a 6.3 inch 16:9 display.

They may have to go to the on screen buttons to accomplish it.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

That's what I was thinking. On screen buttons to max screen size. If they use that new "unbreakable" screen tech, they could go with almost no bezel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm confused. Are you including the on screen button in the 6.3 inches, or are you saying that on screen buttons are smaller then physical buttons?

Because I think the first is a cheat, and I don't thing the second is enough of a difference to make a difference.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused. Are you including the on screen button in the 6.3 inches, or are you saying that on screen buttons are smaller then physical buttons?

Because I think the first is a cheat, and I don't thing the second is enough of a difference to make a difference.

I think that they may go with the on screen buttons to pull it off. Otherwise the phone us going to be too big.

Last edited:

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I knew that it would be 1080p. I didn't think that it would be 6.3 inches. That would be big. where did you see that rumor?

Sammobile or android headlines, they pretty much show it all, if you type it in Google you should find some websites

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance