Should I trade my iPhone 5 for the Galaxy Note 2?

IdRatherDrum

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I know there is another thread very similar to this one but I have different questions. So I have been interested in the Note 2 for about a month now and am considering switching to it from my iPhone 5. My sister and I were talking and she said I could use her upgrade to get it from AT&T if I gave her my phone. Plus we are going to sell her phone so I will only have to fork over like $100. The question is...is it worth it? I have never used an Android device but I am interested. iOS is kind of boring right now and the only thing keeping me here is iMessaging, the App Store, and the "fluidness" of the OS. Other than that, the "shelves" are just boring me. The thing I am most worried about is that I am on a Mac and am not sure how hard it is to put iTunes music on it, contacts, and any other things I may want. So what do you guys think I should do?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The os version running on the GN2 is jellybean and it is buttery smooth and very fluid. That is no longer an advantage of iOS in my opinion. There are plenty of ways to get your tunes on the gnote, google play music is my choice. There is also doubletwist and poweramp. Last but not least is simply drag and drop your music files to your phone. If you use google to back up your contacts they will automatically show up on your new phone. The carrier can transfer your contacts as well, then you can back everything up with google.

I absolutely love my GNote 2. I think you should go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
th.jpg

moralcode

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what ipt said, don't worry that you have a mac computer you can always just drag music and drop into phone. Had a 4s just got a note II and I'm never going back to apple. I've been blown away by it and still learning new things, there's tons of great features you just have to learn to customize it and you can always get help on forums. I suggest buying swift key 3 from play world for 3.99$ since Note II doesn't auto correct and this app is great for it and also learns how you type. I camera is great and everything is just super fast and smooth, only problem I had was finding good wallpapers but then I downloaded the Zedge app and I was set. PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Sent from my Note II on steroids

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I went from a iPhone 5 to Note II, no looking back for me either.

The UI is so smooth that there is no noticeable difference when comparing it to iOS, and the battery life is amazing.

Apple would really have to make major changes to iOS and a phone with a screen closer to 5.5" before I would even consider going back to iOS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I went from a iPhone 5 to Note II, no looking back for me either.

The UI is so smooth that there is no noticeable difference when comparing it to iOS, and the battery life is amazing.

Apple would really have to make major changes to iOS and a phone with a screen closer to 5.5" before I would even consider going back to iOS.

How long had you had iOS devices? I'm just curious. I've gone back and forth from Android to iOS and am now on an iPhone 5. While I like it, I'm debating on going to a Note 2. So I'm just curious a little more on your thoughts. Last Android phone I had was an S3, FYI.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I keep going back and forth too. Just got the Note2 last night. Wow.

I use iSyncr to wirelessly sync itunes from my imac. Works beautifully.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If you can wait just a bit longer then do what I did. Sell your iphone 5 on ebay first. Use thst money to buy your phone out right.

What model did you have, 16 32 64?

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
How long had you had iOS devices? I'm just curious. I've gone back and forth from Android to iOS and am now on an iPhone 5. While I like it, I'm debating on going to a Note 2. So I'm just curious a little more on your thoughts. Last Android phone I had was an S3, FYI.

I have gone back and forth as well, I have had every iPhone.

Numerous android devices: Not in this order, the original Droid, Droid X, Razr, Razr Maxx, Thunderbolt, Droid Incredible, Galaxy s2 and s3, Note 1 and 2.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have gone back and forth as well, I have had every iPhone.

Numerous android devices: Not in this order, the original Droid, Droid X, Razr, Razr Maxx, Thunderbolt, Droid Incredible, Galaxy s2 and s3, Note 1 and 2.

I've had a 4, 4S, and a 5 (plus an iPad mini).

I've also had a Droid X, Droid 3, Droid Incredible 2, Bionic, Razr, Nexus, and S3.

I love both platforms. But I really miss Android - especially since I'm all iOS right now. Just not sure I can make the jump to the behemoth that is the Note 2.

IdRatherDrum

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had the iPhone 4 for two years and have had the 5 since day one. But the other question is should I wait for the S4? Will it be an better?

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had the iPhone 4 for two years and have had the 5 since day one. But the other question is should I wait for the S4? Will it be an better?

Some of the things S4 is the octocore (8 cores or dual quad core, if you wanna call that), 1080p screen (like the DNA), and 5-inch (also like the DNA).

It's up to you if you want to wait around March-April that long. (or you can just get the Note 2 now like me, enjoy it till your next upgrade. By then, there's a better phone, like the Note 3. Hehe :D)

Your choice. Good luck.

Sent from Outer Space

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Some of the things S4 is the octocore (8 cores or dual quad core, if you wanna call that), 1080p screen (like the DNA), and 5-inch (also like the DNA).

It's up to you if you want to wait around March-April that long. (or you can just get the Note 2 now like me, enjoy it till your next upgrade. By then, there's a better phone, like the Note 3. Hehe :D)

Your choice. Good luck.

Sent from Outer Space

How do you know specs for a device that's just a whisper in the breeze?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
How do you know specs for a device that's just a whisper in the breeze?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Whisper in the breeze? That's what Samsung is planning to do. I may not know the rest of the specs but at least those are ones going into the S4 for sure. ;)

Sent from Outer Space.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Whisper in the breeze? That's what Samsung is planning to do. I may not know the rest of the specs but at least those are ones going into the S4 for sure. ;)

Sent from Outer Space.

For sure huh? Care to provide a link? And I'm bookmarking this thread so I can come back to it when they announce it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge