Should I trade my iPhone 5 for the Galaxy Note 2?

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to feel similar about iOS, but what I use my phone for and what I use my tablet for are two different things. I use my iPad mini for work. Taking attendance and recording grades in Teacher Kit, using Pages and Keynote to do lessons and lesson plans. For those tasks I don't need customization, I need it to "just work" (sorry for throwing an Apple slogan in an Android forum). My phone, however is used for none of those, and I wish I could have more customization (hence my desire to get a Note 2). I need my tablet to "just work" and would like my phone to be "the next big thing."

My friend got a Nexus 7, however, and absolutely loves it so for him that's the better tablet.

To answer the original question: I too am looking to trade my iPhone 5 for a Note 2 so I say go for it. I'm as Apple as they come and I still drool at the sight of a Note 2.

I use my tablet to access my online classes. This could not be accomplished on the iPad. My tablet is strictly for school and reading. It only did one of those tasks efficiently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
And they contradict each other....just sayin....we had just as many rumors with the S3, and guess what? Most were wrong.

Really? Pretty sure if you follow my posts around (and you have, I've seen it) then you'll know that your statement is false.

That being said, DroidXcon is awesome. :)
Just razzing ya lol. Shoulda put sarcastic face in there. You all do pretty decent, some better than others, but overall, this site is really awesome, and the mods, advisors, and users make it so, along with a great staff. Okay, enough cheeze.....back to normal!

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I use my tablet to access my online classes. This could not be accomplished on the iPad. My tablet is strictly for school and reading. It only did one of those tasks efficiently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Good point. I can't access my online classes from my iPad. I use my MacBook for that though. Does your online class use Blackboard Learn?

typinghairyape

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just looked at the antutu benches and the note 2 is at the top of the heap for overall processing power, is there any synthetic benchmarks that are on both the app and play stores?

Sent From My Note 2 Via Tapatalk

Last edited:

IdRatherDrum

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sweet what tipped the scale

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

I went to the Samsung Giant Kiosk in my mall today to try it out. The phone is so fluid and the things you can do with it. Plus I can try it for 30 days so I thought why not. And this site is very nice so I think I can learn a few things from you guys. But I still can't decide between white and grey :(

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Samsung Giant Kiosk in my mall today to try it out. The phone is so fluid and the things you can do with it. Plus I can try it for 30 days so I thought why not. And this site is very nice so I think I can learn a few things from you guys. But I still can't decide between white and grey :(

Grey it looks so good

kennethkilo

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am so frustrated... I, like you, was going to get the Note 2 today from selling my iPhone 5. I drove all the way to Richmond (30 minute drive) only to find out the buyer on craigslist was a sociopath who found joy in wasting people's time. He called me and told me to go the place, then when I was there he blocked all my calls and text messages. I later Google'd his number to find out he has been doing this to multiple people. UGH FRUSTRATED.

typinghairyape

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just came home with my Grey Note 2!!!

Put a screen protector on it right away, Samsung skimped on the glass it?s very prone to scratches... Corning must be demanding a hefty premium that Samsung no longer feels obligated to pay since they have gained significant market power. It doesn't have gorilla glass... :banghead:

Sent From My Note 2 Via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36