I am addicted to the S-pen!

Jennings Richmond

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I write my SMS messages (and posts like this), and incessantly doodle on screencaps, photos, and in Sketchpad, and use it for controlling the phone most of the time.

Do you folks find it that fun and useful?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Like you, I have discovered that the power of this phone is the s-pen. In fact, I can guarantee that I'll never buy another phone unless it has a pen attached. I use mine everyday, and the more I use it the more uses I find for it.

Do you have S-keeper enabled? It has saved me countless times when I have walked off without the pen by alerting me that I forgot to put the pen back in the holder.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I've said for a long time that as much as I enjoy not NEEDING a stylus/s-pen, I feel like smartphones have become more limited since we did away with them. I'm excited to grab mine today or monday and get back to having a stylus.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I use mine all the time. I too will have a hard time considering a smartphone that doesn't have a stylus. I can see after two years with this device being completely dependent upon it.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
How are you all emailing and texting with it on a daily basis? I could only see myself using it very rarely. But I would love to know what you use it with.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd probably use it more if my handwriting didn't suck so bad.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ya Same. As Much as I like to use S-pen, it's not as quick as typing. But it is great for using it for browsing, playing Certain games, and Some other Stuff. This is the only phone In awhile that I considered as a ''true" upgrade. I haven't had this feeling Since the palm Pre.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
It's just like Graffiti back in the day. At first it seems dumb and slow, once you get the hang of it though it really is much faster and more efficient. Maybe it's just me. I can pound out some emails and texts on a keyboard but I was noticeably more accurate and faster with the S pen when I was playing with it.

LPDARCHITECT

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I use it for both texting and emailing and so much more. It is much faster, in my opinion, than using the keyboard. It converts what you write to text so quickly and accurately no matter how sloppy you write on it. Also if you write cursive, its even faster still. Especially, I am a student, in class, I have an app called "StudyDroid Flash Cards", so during class, while the professor is giving her lesson, I jot down notes. It is very useful and I never imagined I would have liked it as much as I know love it.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I use it for both texting and emailing and so much more. It is much faster, in my opinion, than using the keyboard. It converts what you write to text so quickly and accurately no matter how sloppy you write on it. Also if you write cursive, its even faster still. Especially, I am a student, in class, I have an app called "StudyDroid Flash Cards", so during class, while the professor is giving her lesson, I jot down notes. It is very useful and I never imagined I would have liked it as much as I know love it.

I didn't know that it recognizes Cursive writing. I'm doing it right now. Not too bad. It isn't as accurate as printing though. It is such a convenience to be able to write with the S-pen. The one thing that I did notice is that it sometimes capitalizes letters that I don't want and I have to go back and correct them. But other than that I don't have any complaints.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I Love it too. I don't have the Note 2, but I do have the Galaxy Note 10.1. I've been trying to do better at using it more.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a hard time writing with it because it doesn't seem to have any idea where to put a space. So how do you write so fast when you have to wait for it to space something?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
either write the word than a slash, write two or more words with a space between than a slash, or cheat and tap the space bar after it corrects but i don't like how you hold the phone that way. at first i would write one word than a slash, now i've gotten in the habbit of writing a little smaller and doing multiple words with a slash

steelerfan791

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, I'm just the opposite. Other than day 1 when I was messing around with it, I haven't used it once. I keep Googling for ways to use it and I haven't really come up with anything useful for me. I love the note anyhow, though :?)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums