Official Android 4.1.2 Video Review And Features List for Galaxy Note 2 (SHV-E250L)

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Android 4.1.2 New Features for Samsung Galaxy Note 2
1. Camera feature: Hold Volume to focus, release to take photo
2. Video feature: Press Volume to start recording, press again to toggle flash.
3. 480p Flash Video Works (if you have latest Flash Player 11.1.115.34 Installed)
4. New Samsung Keyboard Feature: Cursor Control, Continuous Input (If you didn't already have it)
5. Customized Notification Toggle Icons
6. New Notification Toggles: AllShare Cast, Smart Stay, S Bean, Driving Mode, Blocking Mode
7. Brightness slider can now be disabled, but who would do this? :)
8. Browser rendering improvements (3 examples, please confirm with 4.1.1)
9. Ink Effect with S Pen on Swipe lockscreen, and customizable ink colors.
10. Some devices may experience maximum brightness boost (Up to 400% of previous level)

Video Review
Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.1.2 New Features: Swap Notification Icons, 480p Flash Video Fix, Ink Effect - YouTube

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Android 4.1.2 New Features for Samsung Galaxy Note 2
1. Camera feature: Hold Volume to focus, release to take photo
2. Video feature: Press Volume to start recording, press again to toggle flash.
3. 480p Flash Video Works (if you have latest Flash Player 11.1.115.34 Installed)
4. New Samsung Keyboard Feature: Cursor Control, Continuous Input (If you didn't already have it)
5. Customized Notification Toggle Icons
6. New Notification Toggles: AllShare Cast, Smart Stay, S Bean, Driving Mode, Blocking Mode
7. Brightness slider can now be disabled, but who would do this? :)
8. Browser rendering improvements (3 examples, please confirm with 4.1.1)
9. Ink Effect with S Pen on Swipe lockscreen, and customizable ink colors.
10. Some devices may experience maximum brightness boost (Up to 400% of previous level)

Video Review
Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.1.2 New Features: Swap Notification Icons, 480p Flash Video Fix, Ink Effect - YouTube

Hey question for you about #3. When you say it works now, are you referring to the garbled/corrupted video feed we get at this resolution? I haven't confirmed it to be a 480p problem, but I have noticed it from time to time on Youtube. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to the update.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes. 480p gets those diagonal lines across the screen and you can't make out the picture. I used to get it all the time on 480p and 240p. That problem has disappeared completely for me.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Why can't the s3 get all this? They are practically the same device except one has a bigger screen and has an s pen

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

photojazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
One of the things that I was hoping for was the ability to customize the S-pen app tray apps or the suggested apps in the task bar.

BTW, thanks again for putting this list together.

Sent from my GT-N7100

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Good info. My international still doesn't see 4.1.2 via OTA or KIES so I don't know. I like the customizable toggles and browser improvements.

photojazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Number 9 already happens. Unless the customizable part is the new thing. I discovered it by accident, nice touch.

It did on mine until I picked a Gallery image as my lock screen wallpaper (ie. not using the Samsung set). So maybe the update has an additional abstraction layer and works with all wallpapers or addresses whatever bug I encountered.

Sent from my GT-N7100

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey question for you about #3. When you say it works now, are you referring to the garbled/corrupted video feed we get at this resolution? I haven't confirmed it to be a 480p problem, but I have noticed it from time to time on Youtube. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to the update.

LucidMike,

I noticed that in your YouTube video, that you had gmail account running in the stock email app. When i tried to do that, the stock email deferred gmail accounts to use the Google gmail app.

Any insight on how you got the gmail account to load in the stock email?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
LucidMike,

I noticed that in your YouTube video, that you had gmail account running in the stock email app. When i tried to do that, the stock email deferred gmail accounts to use the Google gmail app.

Any insight on how you got the gmail account to load in the stock email?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

I found out my own answer. In stock email, go to corporate, then add your gmail address, then manual setup. It pretty much sets itself up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21