07-27-2013 03:25 PM
393 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    To all the Canucks out here - I see that Amazon.com does not ship this product into Canada. Does anyone have any other sources to purchase from?
    not a problem if you live near the US border... plenty of shipping services that will accept your Amazon(or other online order) packages... you just have drive across to pick them up.
    02-22-2013 12:14 PM
    Hooray! We're back in business. Placed my order earlier today and by the time I got home from work I already had an e-mail that it was shipped.
    Thought I'd give an update on what I got from my order, and I also have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

I placed my order with Amazon on Wednesday, 2/20, and it arrived in my mail that Saturday, 2/23, so I've been playing with it a week now. It did come with the USB charging only cable, but included a certificate indicating that the combo USB/Audio cable would be shipped end of March. One thing it also said that surprised me, apparently even though I did receive the little charging "arm" cable, I will still receive ANOTHER DIFFERENT charging arm cable with the combo cable. I'm interpreting this to mean that the arm cable that I received with the unit is also only built for charging only and not for the audio aux out, so they have to send a new arm cable as well that does support the combo charging/audio.

Now for my 2 questions.

1. Do the suction cups on these types of things (like even for portable navigation unit mounts) ever lose suction, especially after repeated use? I bought this actually mainly for traveling where like I have to get a rental car so I can have navigation using my phone rather than paying the car rental company extra. (I actually already have navigation built in to my own car.) So do I need to worry about the suction cup not sticking some day as I move it between vehicles? Or any concerns with it being stuck on my own windshield for long periods and then moving it to another vehicle? (Like, it may be 6 months or a year before I travel again, so in the mean time I'll still stick it in my car.)

2. How "removable" is the sticky stuff on the dash disk if I were to stick that to my own dash, and then want to remove it a couple years from now? Of course, not that I want to remove it and reuse it. I do have a "luxury" brand of vehicle and although it's a few years away before I would, if I ever want to trade in my car, I want to be able to remove the dash disk without leaving any damage or marks (sticky stuff residue) on the dash that might diminish trade-in value. My dash is a soft vinyl, rather than a hard plastic, if that makes any difference. (Which makes me question if the disk will even stick, but it's worth a try.)

Thank you.
    03-03-2013 01:06 PM
    Thought I'd give an update on what I got from my order, and I also have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

I placed my order with Amazon on Wednesday, 2/20, and it arrived in my mail that Saturday, 2/23, so I've been playing with it a week now. It did come with the USB charging only cable, but included a certificate indicating that the combo USB/Audio cable would be shipped end of March. One thing it also said that surprised me, apparently even though I did receive the little charging "arm" cable, I will still receive ANOTHER DIFFERENT charging arm cable with the combo cable. I'm interpreting this to mean that the arm cable that I received with the unit is also only built for charging only and not for the audio aux out, so they have to send a new arm cable as well that does support the combo charging/audio.

Now for my 2 questions.

1. Do the suction cups on these types of things (like even for portable navigation unit mounts) ever lose suction, especially after repeated use? I bought this actually mainly for traveling where like I have to get a rental car so I can have navigation using my phone rather than paying the car rental company extra. (I actually already have navigation built in to my own car.) So do I need to worry about the suction cup not sticking some day as I move it between vehicles? Or any concerns with it being stuck on my own windshield for long periods and then moving it to another vehicle? (Like, it may be 6 months or a year before I travel again, so in the mean time I'll still stick it in my car.)

2. How "removable" is the sticky stuff on the dash disk if I were to stick that to my own dash, and then want to remove it a couple years from now? Of course, not that I want to remove it and reuse it. I do have a "luxury" brand of vehicle and although it's a few years away before I would, if I ever want to trade in my car, I want to be able to remove the dash disk without leaving any damage or marks (sticky stuff residue) on the dash that might diminish trade-in value. My dash is a soft vinyl, rather than a hard plastic, if that makes any difference. (Which makes me question if the disk will even stick, but it's worth a try.)

Thank you.
    Wouldn't covering the dashboard cause unever wear to the dash from the sun? I have an Acura and have always felt dashboard mounts ruin the look of the vehicle.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-03-2013 01:16 PM

Now for my 2 questions.

Thank you.
    The suction cup can often be renewed simply by washing it in warm water to remove accumulated dirt.

My success with removing glue based things in cars is poor. I cannot say the one iBolt provides is any better or worse. I am not using it as I found a flat spot that is smooth and works well. Since I often drive different vehicles I found a weighted base that accepts suction cups and use that when needed. Something else to carry but does not take up much room.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD
    03-03-2013 01:32 PM
    Before you use suction cup just wipe it with a little alcohol pad and do the same for the spot on the windshield. It will not come off. I have been using for over a month now and have even moved it this week, and then moved it back. I am pretty strong and I have tried several times to grip and rip this off my windshield and if it has been installed properly it will not come off. Remember the alcohol pad tip. I believe it even came with one.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    03-03-2013 01:41 PM
    Anyone heard if it will be available again? Looked at amazon they say it is out of stock and that they do not know when or if it will be back. The links I have seen here on for android central show it but don't have a add to cart button.
    03-03-2013 05:32 PM
    Anyone heard if it will be available again? Looked at amazon they say it is out of stock and that they do not know when or if it will be back. The links I have seen here on for android central show it but don't have a add to cart button.
    They are probably trying to get caught up and reload. In a few weeks they will be shipping everyone's cords out to them. I'm sure it will be back up soon seeing as how there has been a very good sales for them with this product. They probably don't want to ship anymore now,, and still have to ship the cord in a few weeks. That can't be cost efficient.

03-03-2013 05:41 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/25/yje3yqe7.jpg

Just watch the YouTube video. That will fix you in a hurry lol. Finnally showing tracking information. Using my cap rockfish mount. Such a pain in the butt the to put it in securely. Can't wait for easy un easy out. Already have my car app all set up.

Zmann
    The app that shows your speed..what app is it please
    03-03-2013 11:07 PM
    Looks like CarHome Ultra to me. Great app.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    zmann likes this.
    03-03-2013 11:28 PM
    Looks like CarHome Ultra to me. Great app.

That is correct. Awesome app. Has like 5 pages of presets and you can change the night vision color.

03-04-2013 05:03 AM
    I placed my order on March 2nd for the ibolt and I just a email confirmation that my order has been shipped. Can't wait to get this.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    03-04-2013 02:19 PM
    That is correct. Awesome app. Has like 5 pages of presets and you can change the night vision.
    It is a good app although I can't get it to work with Google Music.

03-04-2013 03:14 PM
    It is a good app although I can't get it to work with Google Music.

Yea the media controls don't work with Google music yet. That bugs me. Until last update it did not work with stock music player but now it does so I have faith it will be compatible with Google music soon.

jvbaseball likes this.
    03-04-2013 03:31 PM
    Yea the media controls don't work with Google music yet. That bugs me. Until last update it did not work with stock music player but now it does so I have faith it will be compatible with Google music soon.

I'm trying out the 30 day free trial of Car Home Ultra and having weird issues with the media stuff. I created Playlist shortcuts in a couple of the empty spots. When I touch one of those, it starts that playlist in Google Music. But when I try to use the media controls, it appears to then ALSO start the stock Music Player app. Then even with that, the media controls seem to work some times and not other times.
    03-04-2013 07:29 PM
    Thanks to those of you who posted the advice about not using the sticky dash mount in my car. I really prefer not to use it, but my problem is that my windshield is very deep. In order to mount the dock on the windshield in a position that's out of the way of my driving vision, it's too far forward on the windshield that it's out of reach without leaning forward a great deal, which doesn't make for very safe driving. So I've got to figure something out for probably mounting it on my dash.
    03-04-2013 07:32 PM
    I placed my order on Amazon for the ibolt pro to use with my Samsung galaxy note 2, and I received it today March 7th. Can't wait to use it, the 9ft cable suppose to arrive by the end of this month.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    03-07-2013 04:46 PM
    Mine came in on Wednesday and I used it all day yesterday. I haven't got the one-handed insertion down yet, but give me time ...
    03-08-2013 07:04 AM
    Mine came in on Wednesday and I used it all day yesterday. I haven't got the one-handed insertion down yet, but give me time ...
    You will get it down .

03-08-2013 07:17 AM
    Just an FYI for anyone buying this dock with the intention of using Car Home Ultra and hoping to use the media controls... (The dock is still a great dock, and doesn't have anything to do with Car Home Ultra directly, but just be aware...)

Yea the media controls don't work with Google music yet. That bugs me. Until last update it did not work with stock music player but now it does so I have faith it will be compatible with Google music soon.!
    I'm trying out the 30 day free trial of Car Home Ultra and having weird issues with the media stuff. I created Playlist shortcuts in a couple of the empty spots. When I touch one of those, it starts that playlist in Google Music. But when I try to use the media controls, it appears to then ALSO start the stock Music Player app. Then even with that, the media controls seem to work some times and not other times.
    I wrote the developer of car Home Ultra about the media controls. Apparently, at least on the Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean, but I'd guess also on the S III with ICS, and probably on the Note II, the media controls just plain don't work correctly. This is the response I got back from the Car Home Ultra developer:

Hello, this is a problem with how Samsung is handling the media button requests in their custom version of Android 4.1. I'm still looking for options, but there may not be a way I can fix this in my app.

The media buttons do work fine in non-Samsung Android phones.
    jvbaseball likes this.
    03-08-2013 07:30 PM
    Media controls work fine with Neutron MP.
    03-08-2013 07:52 PM
    Thanks to those of you who posted the advice about not using the sticky dash mount in my car. I really prefer not to use it, but my problem is that my windshield is very deep. In order to mount the dock on the windshield in a position that's out of the way of my driving vision, it's too far forward on the windshield that it's out of reach without leaning forward a great deal, which doesn't make for very safe driving. So I've got to figure something out for probably mounting it on my dash.
    I ordered an 8.5" arm from Arkon. It had the Garmin ball and it works well.

03-08-2013 08:05 PM
    If you are interested in an alternative to Google music player, I'm using CHU's media controls with PowerAmp, and they seem to work OK.
    03-08-2013 09:36 PM
    Media control works fine with stock app and the few podcast apps I use. Only thing not working for me is Google music.

03-08-2013 09:53 PM
    Media control works fine with stock app and the few podcast apps I use. Only thing not working for me is Google music.

The media controls don't even work with the stock music player app on my SIII with Jelly Bean (on Sprint if that makes any difference).
    03-09-2013 02:53 PM
    The media controls don't even work with the stock music player app on my SIII with Jelly Bean (on Sprint if that makes any difference).
    Oh, sorry. I am speaking of the note 2. Works fine with the stock music player,, I'm on Sprint also.

03-09-2013 04:11 PM
393 ... 1011121314 ...