07-27-2013 03:25 PM
393 ... 1213141516
tools
    My opinion....
    Screw ibolt, this forum and Amazon...
    The dock sucks to use with one hand and shakes like crazy when i drive compared to my last oem dock. I rather spend $25 on every new phone i get and have it viewable when i drive. Also would be nice to one hand click in and out....
    This thing you need two hands to put in.mount. half the time i just lay my phone down because it's a pain to use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-27-2013 02:14 PM
    03-27-2013 03:00 PM
    My opinion....
    The dock sucks to use with one hand and shakes like crazy when i drive compared to my last oem dock. I rather spend $25 on every new phone i get and have it viewable when i drive. Also would be nice to one hand click in and out....
    This thing you need two hands to put in.mount. half the time i just lay my phone down because it's a pain to use.

Return it and move on. I have no vibration at all. I would rather it be secure and spend 15 seconds putiing in and taking it out versus it falling out while driving.

03-27-2013 04:00 PM
    Return it and move on. I have no vibration at all. I would rather it be secure and spend 15 seconds putiing in and taking it out versus it falling out while driving.

Agreed! I've never had a phone dock that is this secure. I picked up some other brand from Best Buy just before getting the iBolt and was instantly unimpressed. That thing shakes around like crazy. Returning it to Best Buy asap. iBolt FTW!
    03-27-2013 04:06 PM
    I have no issue putting it in with one hand... with a otterbox commuter.. but to plug in the charger usually needs two
    03-27-2013 05:59 PM

+1
    03-27-2013 07:56 PM
    My opinion....

I really feel your lying because this does not vibrate at all. In fact, I have taking videos and sent them to a friend and he always comments on how the video is perfectly steady. You must have a 30 year old car with the dock stuck to the dash lol. Also, the phone can be put in the dock with one hand so easily,, why if that was not the case is a deal breaker I don't know but in any case it goes in very easily with one hand and anyone who has actually used this dock for more than a week knows this.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    jvbaseball and met.watts like this.
    03-28-2013 10:54 AM
    Agreed! I've never had a phone dock that is this secure. I picked up some other brand from Best Buy just before getting the iBolt and was instantly unimpressed. That thing shakes around like crazy. Returning it to Best Buy asap. iBolt FTW!
    I bought the universal dock Best Buy had. Drove ten minutes home. Put it back in the packaging and returned it the next morning. Complete piece of crap. Tried to save $15. Ordered ibolt and consider it a great product that will only get better when the out of stock cable shows up in my mailbox.

03-28-2013 09:48 PM
    SaltySteve, I am one of the Co-Founders of iBOLT. Can you please send me a video (10-20 seconds is enough) showing how your xProDock "shakes". Something must be wrong with your sample and I would like to personally make sure this is fixed. I've been doing car-dock for 13 years and the xProDock is designed for "vibration free" driving, assuming your car doesn't shake like crazy of course. Send to info@ibolt.co and I will keep an eye out for the email. If you want to talk to me, include your phone number and I'll call you tomorrow Saturday or Monday... Thanks!
    03-29-2013 09:19 PM
    Hello all patient (and not so patient) car-dock lovers! Good news for everyone that has purchased, or is thinking of purchasing an active car-dock. We just posted our 1.0 version of the "Dock'n Drive" app and instead of charging the $1.99 we are making it free for a limited time (yes, the delayed aux-cable on the xPro is one of reasons for this "freebie"...).

There is no expiration date on the app if you install it now. However, please go easy on the reviews, give us a few weeks to update whatever you don't like before posting anything bad...:-) The app is a continued Development from the well regarded Car Widget that's been available for a couple of years.

The Dock'n Drive is free only for a limited time so take it for a spin and let us know what you think? It obviously works with iBOLT car-docks but also with any other holder/mount but you might have to trigger the App and dock mode from an NFC tag if you don't have the iBOLT dock.

The user can set up to 18 favorite apps, direct dials, widgets etc. as large, easy to see icons. Calling a direct dial is a "1-touch" experience. The Dock'n Drive also comes with a highly accurate GPS enabled speedometer and Compass. Another good feature is the ability to turn on and off both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when phone is "Docked" and "Un-docked". Imagine stepping into the car from your home or office and the Bluetooth in your phone turns automatically and connects to the Bluetooth system in your car. At the same time Wi-Fi turns off and there's no annoying messages about available networks popping up when driving! When un-docking (stepping out of the car), the process is automatically reversed and Wi-Fi is again turned on and Bluetooth turned off. This is just one example of the great setting alternatives.

Currently Samsung Galaxy and HTC handsets feature the automatic triggering of "Dock-mode" when used with an iBOLT product like xProDock or other Dock's offered here on Android Central. Handsets from LG, Sony and Nexus do NOT have the "Dock mode" turned on and may not offer any "home button" support. Motorola does offer this but you need their OEM car-docks to make it work. The Dock'n Drive app must therefore be started manually or via an NFC tag when using these brands.

Visit the Google App store and testdrive today! Feel free to post questions and we'll make sure to answer... Have fun! https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...C5jYXJob21lIl0. Or, just type in "iBOLT" into the Google Play store.
    Attached Thumbnails New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder-ibolt-dock-drive.jpg  
    03-29-2013 09:31 PM
    One of the bugs that needs fixing is the music media buttons do not work right. You can pause but that it's all. To un pause or skip forward or back does not work. This is a major feature for me that needs to work properly.

03-29-2013 10:01 PM
    One of the bugs that needs fixing is the music media buttons do not work right. You can pause but that it's all. To un pause or skip forward or back does not work. This is a major feature for me that needs to work properly.

Thanks for input. Can you tell me which apps it works with and which not? There's so many music apps... This function should really mirror the headset pause, next, skip etc. functions. We will contact all music app developers that are not following the standard Android protocol for this. Keep the comments flowing...

03-29-2013 10:07 PM
    not sure if this was discussed or not (this is one long thread) but amazon now says the 9ft cord won't ship till april 20th
    03-29-2013 11:11 PM
    not sure if this was discussed or not (this is one long thread) but amazon now says the 9ft cord won't ship till april 20th
    I was just thinking that it's the end of March, where's my cord. I am still patiently waiting :-).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-29-2013 11:22 PM
    I was just thinking that it's the end of March, where's my cord. I am still patiently waiting :-).

I've been close but have not ordered one of these docks yet and have to once again say I'm happy that I didn't. I'll buy one of the cheap docks and use one of the car dock apps and will most likely be happy. Ordering from a company that can't deliver on its promises would do nothing but **** me off.
    03-29-2013 11:30 PM
    I tried the media buttons with podkicker pro,, Google Music, and the stock note 2 app and does not work properly with any of these.

03-30-2013 07:06 AM
    I'm guessing that is for new orders,, not the 3 month old orders. I hope. Boy,, ibolt is on here pushing their app,, why won't you make a comment as to when us people who have been told end of March for the cord will actually be expecting shipment? I rather you tell me sorry but it's going to be a bit longer than to string me along.

03-30-2013 07:11 AM
    I'm guessing that is for new orders,, not the 3 month old orders. I hope. Boy,, ibolt is on here pushing their app,, why won't you make a comment as to when us people who have been told end of March for the cord will actually be expecting shipment? I rather you tell me sorry but it's going to be a bit longer than to string me along.

the cord delay was probably caused by a shortage of sweat shop workers in china.
    zmann likes this.
    03-30-2013 08:40 AM
    I'm guessing that is for new orders,, not the 3 month old orders.

My credit card was just charged for my Android Central order 2 days ago. So they must be shipping soon.

03-30-2013 09:06 AM

+1

Come on MikaelPe, I have been a loyal iBolt customer, first with the doc for my GSIII and now with my Note 2. I love the doc, I have no interest in returning it. But I would like an update on when the 9' cord will ship. The ONLY official announcement I have had, said by the end of March. I know that we still have a little over 24 hours before we pass the end of March. But since tomorrow is the festival of the golden egg of Ishtar (I celebrate the Resurrection 3 days after Passover, on the feast of First Fruits) and it's unlikely that iBolt will be open, I consider you have missed the end of March. I can tolerate a delay, I may be disappointed, but communicate with me, let me know a reasonable date that I would expect to receive the cord.
    jvbaseball and zmann like this.
    03-30-2013 07:47 PM
    +1

Come on MikaelPe, I have been a loyal iBolt customer, first with the doc for my GSIII and now with my Note 2. I love the doc, I have no interest in returning it. But I would like an update on when the 9' cord will ship. The ONLY official announcement I have had, said by the end of March. I know that we still have a little over 24 hours before we pass the end of March. But since tomorrow is the festival of the golden egg of Ishtar (I celebrate the Resurrection 3 days after Passover, on the feast of First Fruits) and it's unlikely that iBolt will be open, I consider you have missed the end of March. I can tolerate a delay, I may be disappointed, but communicate with me, let me know a reasonable date that I would expect to receive the cord.
    First, thanks for buying our product! We have communicated in the past week multiple times (but no mass email yet) that the production is running of the 9ft aux-out/charge cable and we expect to ship virtually all of "rest orders" the week of the 20th of April. We apologize for this delay. It is due to a combination of Chinese new Year and one of our key vendors not delivering sub-components within the scheduled time line. We will send the mass email early next week and confirm the delivery date. If you have purchased the xProDock directly from iBOLT you will receive the email. I will coordinate the communication with our friends here on AndroidCentral.com so they can communicate the same to all their customers.

As you can surely imagine we are beyond upset ourselves over this delay of the cable. It's very costly as we have re-sellers around the world (in many countries) waiting for the complete product to be available. We are doing our best to communicate with customers. The very good part is of course that the xProDock has been incredibly well received with overall only 4 and 5 star ratings. We are already working on the "next" products and are looking forward to continue to bring cool stuff to the market that is very useable. Hope this answers the outstanding questions? Have a good Holiday weekend all and thanks for the outstanding and enthusiastic support for our products! MikaelPe - CoFounder
    03-30-2013 08:19 PM
    MikaelPe - Thanks for the update. I did receive communication from iBolt in the past 2 weeks, but I believe it to be an error. I was notified that my original order would ship again to me (it did not, and I have had the Dock since early January). The mass email would have been nice just to be proactive. I know you are as concerned as your clients (ok, you are probably more concerned, brand damage is very difficult to overcome). I do believe that iBolt has been generous during the delay (I got the extra car charger, and now the dock'n drive software) and that goes a long way, it does show you care about your clients.

At this point, just over communicate with us. email is pretty inexpensive and will actually create more good will than more free products. Many of us here, use your products, this is by far the best dock available (even without the cord). This group of android users can generate a lot of sales for you. 7 of my employees have purchased this dock after seeing it in my car. The folk here are truly android evangelists, they talk about android at work and at home, keep them informed, and they will recommend your product to their friends and family.

Thanks
    jneusch likes this.
    03-30-2013 08:32 PM
    MikaelPe - Thanks for the update. I did receive communication from iBolt in the past 2 weeks, but I believe it to be an error. I was notified that my original order would ship again to me (it did not, and I have had the Dock since early January). The mass email would have been nice just to be proactive. I know you are as concerned as your clients (ok, you are probably more concerned, brand damage is very difficult to overcome). I do believe that iBolt has been generous during the delay (I got the extra car charger, and now the dock'n drive software) and that goes a long way, it does show you care about your clients.

At this point, just over communicate with us. email is pretty inexpensive and will actually create more good will than more free products. Many of us here, use your products, this is by far the best dock available (even without the cord). This group of android users can generate a lot of sales for you. 7 of my employees have purchased this dock after seeing it in my car. The folk here are truly android evangelists, they talk about android at work and at home, keep them informed, and they will recommend your product to their friends and family.

Thanks
    Well said!

03-31-2013 12:28 AM
    I am interested in getting this dock but after reading all the posts, I am unsure. Are there issues with getting the dock and all included wiring still?
    03-31-2013 01:03 PM
    I am interested in getting this dock but after reading all the posts, I am unsure. Are there issues with getting the dock and all included wiring still?
    The 9' USB Power/Aux cable is still on backorder. According to iBolt it will ship the week of 4/20/13. That said, the dock will still hold your phone and can still work fine with both a power cable and an Aux cable (my typical commute is short enough, I don't even worry about the power cable, unless I want to use the phone as a GPS). Even without the cable, it's the best dock out there. It holds the phone very sturdy. I would still recommend it, and when the cable does arrive it will be even better. I would not hesitate to purchase it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said!

Thanks!
    03-31-2013 01:21 PM
393 ... 1213141516