07-27-2013 04:25 PM
393 ... 13141516
tools
    I still have not been able to get it into dock mode when plugged in...is there a trick? that is what has been keeping me from ordering one of these.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    04-03-2013 05:33 AM
    I still have not been able to get it into dock mode when plugged in...is there a trick? that is what has been keeping me from ordering one of these.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    Something about the ibolt charging arm that puts it into dock mode. I have a home dock and my phone does not go into dock mode when I dock it. When I connect the ibolt charging arm it instantly goes into dock mode which I could care less about because I use car home ultra app,, incredible car dock app.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    04-03-2013 07:15 AM
    With mine, if the phone is on and unlocked, it will automatically switch to car mode once I have the phone in the dock and connect the usb cable. That is the only config that I've found that works to do it automagically.
    04-03-2013 12:31 PM
    Received email today from iBolt stating cord will be shipped at end of month plus for being inconvenienced a 50 percent off coupon code off of this product in the picture. To bad I don't need one,, I have 5 batteries lol. Thought that counts.

Attached Thumbnails New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder-uploadfromtaptalk1365022348169.jpg  
    04-03-2013 04:52 PM
    Received email today from iBolt stating cord will be shipped at end of month plus for being inconvenienced a 50 percent off coupon code off of this product in the picture. To bad I don't need one,, I have 5 batteries lol. Thought that counts.

Got the same email. Signed by Mike and Kim. I am happy to wait and even happier that I got the direct communication from them. This is a good sign.
    zmann likes this.
    04-03-2013 07:58 PM
    Ok maybe that's why then. I have not ordeed one because I could not get my Note into dock modw...lok

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    04-04-2013 08:41 AM
    Will I get the 9ft cable if I ordered mine dock from ac.
    04-11-2013 11:22 AM
    Will I get the 9ft cable if I ordered mine dock from ac.
    When they are ready which should be any day. Nobody has them at the moment.

04-11-2013 11:56 AM
    Ok maybe that's why then. I have not ordeed one because I could not get my Note into dock modw...lok

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    When the cable start shipping, maybe we can find out if it works. I have a Note 1 too.
    04-11-2013 10:53 PM
    I have been using car home ultra for my docking app. I downloaded the ibolt app when it was available and did not like it enough to switch to it at the time. After recent updates I figured I would check in on it and it is rapidly getting better and better. It Is now at a point where I will give it a fair shake and use it for awhile. I like the option to make it the phones default docking app so now when I plug my phone into the ibolt dock it automatically opens the ibolt docking app. The media buttons now work perfectly.

04-12-2013 07:20 AM
    I have the correct setting and the app does not open when i dock it and plug it in .. thoughts?
    04-15-2013 09:29 PM
    Go into the app settings and click on the option in the first picture and then the next screen will be the second picture. Follow that instruction and you should be all set.

Attached Thumbnails New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder-uploadfromtaptalk1366127859293.jpg   New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder-uploadfromtaptalk1366127871440.jpg  
    04-16-2013 11:59 AM
    I'll have to try it, but no dock or anything pops up when i dock it
    04-16-2013 03:01 PM
    New iBOLT Dock'n Drive Video... Hello all friends out there! We at iBOLT just made this video available today on the Google Play and also on YouTube. This shows the new Dock'n Drive app and how it works. After a quick drive I am going through the features of the app in painful details:-) Take a look and keep the conversation going... And to all out there that are waiting for the famous 9ft aux-out/charging cable, it's coming! The 1st shipment is in the air this week so by end of months everyone that we've promised should have received a shipping notification. We are coordinating with our friends here at AndroidCentral too of course. Stay tuned..

Google Play for app & video: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd

YouTube only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9lBV3Ag9Tco
    jvbaseball likes this.
    04-16-2013 07:08 PM
    New iBOLT Dock'n Drive Video... Hello all friends out there! We at iBOLT just made this video available today on the Google Play and also on YouTube. This shows the new Dock'n Drive app and how it works. After a quick drive I am going through the features of the app in painful details:-) Take a look and keep the conversation going... And to all out there that are waiting for the famous 9ft aux-out/charging cable, it's coming! The 1st shipment is in the air this week so by end of months everyone that we've promised should have received a shipping notification. We are coordinating with our friends here at AndroidCentral too of course. Stay tuned..

Google Play for app & video: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd

YouTube only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9lBV3Ag9Tco
    The street maps are so slow,, says I'm on a street and it stays on that street for 10 mins. Car ultra switches streets instantly, turn onto a new street and the dock shows you what street your on,, this feature needs a lot of work on the ibolt app.

04-16-2013 07:42 PM
    Zmann, thanks for the tip. I have seen it takes about 4-5 seconds to get a fix so we will put this on the agenda. If you see anything else, send an email from within the App and my Colleague Martin will read and respond. User input like this is very valuable! Thanks again...
    04-17-2013 10:27 PM
    Zmann, thanks for the tip. I have seen it takes about 4-5 seconds to get a fix so we will put this on the agenda. If you see anything else, send an email from within the App and my Colleague Martin will read and respond. User input like this is very valuable! Thanks again...
    That's cool,, and I wish it was 4 or 5 seconds. On my end it does not change most of the time for over 5 mins. Sometimes else,, I made your app my default app and when I did that made my phone screen keep going blank,, only way I could do anything was to hit power button twice to get to lock screen and open a app with lock screen app icons.. I had to uninstall your app to get my phone right again.. I will re install but will not make it the default app again.

04-18-2013 05:50 AM
    Hello everyone, today (yes, for real!) we shipped out the first batch of the now "mythical" USB/aux-out charging cable. The rest will be shipped within the next 5 business days, with big loads going out daily. New orders placed online (Amazon or our website) will receive the aux-out cable immediately from today. If you have purchased the xProDock for Samsung you will receive additional details via email.

We are also including a new and improved "ChargingArm" cable that is slightly more "stiff" compared to the previous one. Once you have "bent" it into the right position it will stay very nicely in place and make insertion easier. This updated Arm is sent to everyone that ordered the xProDock for Samsung in the past from us or from AndroidCentral.com

The new 9ft cable also has good charging efficiency (considering the length) with about 30%+ charging per hour using a standard 1 Amp car charger. This result on Galaxy S3 with the iBOLT Dock'n Drive app active and screen "on". We recommend using our App (or Ulysse Speedomter or CarHome Ultra) as the background is mostly black and the background light (and thus battery consumption) is very minimal.

For anyone using the aux-cable, remember to go into "Settings-Accessory" and turn on the external speaker and Desktop Home options in order for any DockMode application to work properly as well as the sound to the car-speakers. Again, sound is ONLY coming from the Apps to the speakers, NOT from the phone calls as Samsung firmware does not allow this so you must use a Bluetooth hands-free solution for phone calls.

Also, we are working daily on the Dock'n Drive App with a major bug fix plus some new features expected to be launched in the next two weeks. We will also remove the note about time limit as the App will remain free for now.
    04-23-2013 10:47 PM
    Will the dock mode works with newer phones such as Galaxy S4?
    04-24-2013 12:28 AM
    Hello everyone, today (yes, for real!) we shipped out the first batch of the now "mythical" USB/aux-out charging cable. The rest will be shipped within the next 5 business days, with big loads going out daily. New orders placed online (Amazon or our website) will receive the aux-out cable immediately from today. If you have purchased the xProDock for Samsung you will receive additional details via email.

We are also including a new and improved "ChargingArm" cable that is slightly more "stiff" compared to the previous one. Once you have "bent" it into the right position it will stay very nicely in place and make insertion easier. This updated Arm is sent to everyone that ordered the xProDock for Samsung in the past from us or from AndroidCentral.com

The new 9ft cable also has good charging efficiency (considering the length) with about 30%+ charging per hour using a standard 1 Amp car charger. This result on Galaxy S3 with the iBOLT Dock'n Drive app active and screen "on". We recommend using our App (or Ulysse Speedomter or CarHome Ultra) as the background is mostly black and the background light (and thus battery consumption) is very minimal.

For anyone using the aux-cable, remember to go into "Settings-Accessory" and turn on the external speaker and Desktop Home options in order for any DockMode application to work properly as well as the sound to the car-speakers. Again, sound is ONLY coming from the Apps to the speakers, NOT from the phone calls as Samsung firmware does not allow this so you must use a Bluetooth hands-free solution for phone calls.

Also, we are working daily on the Dock'n Drive App with a major bug fix plus some new features expected to be launched in the next two weeks. We will also remove the note about time limit as the App will remain free for now.
    Will androidcentral Buyers of this dock get the 9ft cable also?
    04-24-2013 04:57 PM
    Got my email shipment confirmation yesterday. Last week I bought a brand new alpine with bluetooth,, lol. Don't really need the cable to much anymore lol. The new arm is cool. Of course I'll use the cable.

04-25-2013 12:09 PM
    So has anyone actually gotten the dock n drive to actually launch when plugging in the dock? I either get the Samsung page buddy or if I turn page buddy off I get nothing. I tried the instructions above and I show no app set for the default and if I do open app info the android operating system service opens.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-2013 07:46 PM
    So has anyone actually gotten the dock n drive to actually launch when plugging in the dock? I either get the Samsung page buddy or if I turn page buddy off I get nothing. I tried the instructions above and I show no app set for the default and if I do open app info the android operating system service opens.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Car home ultra opens when I plug in to my dock

04-25-2013 08:47 PM
    Hello everyone, today (yes, for real!) we shipped out the first batch of the now "mythical" USB/aux-out charging cable. The rest will be shipped within the next 5 business days,
    Got the e-mail yesterday that mine was on the way. Looking forward to it.
    04-25-2013 09:40 PM
    I live in GA and I received my 9ft cable today and it came with a new charging arm.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Ed270 likes this.
    04-29-2013 03:44 PM
393 ... 13141516