New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Ya everything looks great... i did a rough install without plugging in the cord since i need a usb to cig adapter... i thought it shouldve come with it for the money... Still a very nice product... it holds the phone great and is ready to put in with one hand.... two hands to plug in power cord and then i have to plug in my line in for audio out....

One concern is,,,, the pressure it takes to open the jaws to insert phone over a period of time i see the suction cup coming off or the round disc that gets stickyed down well probably rip off...

Everything else is very nice and made with nice materials....

ill post more pics later and give you guys a update on cord...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
How do you adjust the "feet"? Do you just pull/push them or are you supposed to use the tabs sticking out of the bottom in some way?

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
How do you adjust the "feet"? Do you just pull/push them or are you supposed to use the tabs sticking out of the bottom in some way?

I didn't know they could be adjusted... my phone gets gripped by them no matter how i put it in... they are stepped

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Adjustment under the feet. I have used for a month now and the top spring load mechanism breaks in well. Easy to put in with one hand. If installed properly this suction will not break or loosing on the windshield. I tried my hardest to do just that and even after pressing the release it still takes some effort to unattach from windshield.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah lucky you Steve! Seems they are shipping with the charger now. Very cool! You order it way after us preorders and you get everything first :p. Let us know how it works. Getting my arm early next week

Just talked to someone from ibolt. His cable is just regular 10 foot cable,, not the one originally into the ad with the aux out. They are now advertising and shipping with just a normal 10 foot cable. We are still getting the 2 in one cable we originally ordered.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just talked to someone from ibolt. His cable is just regular 10 foot cable,, not the one originally into the ad with the aux out. They are now advertising and shipping with just a normal 10 foot cable. We are still getting the 2 in one cable we originally ordered.

That sucks! I did notice that the Amazon item description now says "(includes 10ft microUSB to USB charging cable)" but that's still not very clear to people who are familiar with the fact that it USED to include the combo USB/aux out cable. I haven't ordered yet because I decided I just wanted this to get all sorted out before I ordered. I hope they still get the combo cables in March and return to selling it with the combo cables. Otherwise, they've lost a sale here.

I see on shopandroid the description still says "The included 9 ft (2.7 meter) charging/aux-out cable" BUT you can't actually order it there now. There's no "Add to Cart" button.

Here's another idea. Maybe iBolt should just knock $10 off and sell it withOUT the long USB cable at all, and offer it for sale separately. Then people who already have charging cables and don't really need the long cable can just get it without it. (Though IF they bring back the combo cable, then I will want that.)

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
That sucks! I did notice that the Amazon item description now says "(includes 10ft microUSB to USB charging cable)" but that's still not very clear to people who are familiar with the fact that it USED to include the combo USB/aux out cable. I haven't ordered yet because I decided I just wanted this to get all sorted out before I ordered. I hope they still get the combo cables in March and return to selling it with the combo cables. Otherwise, they've lost a sale here.

I see on shopandroid the description still says "The included 9 ft (2.7 meter) charging/aux-out cable" BUT you can't actually order it there now. There's no "Add to Cart" button.

Here's another idea. Maybe iBolt should just knock $10 off and sell it withOUT the long USB cable at all, and offer it for sale separately. Then people who already have charging cables and don't really need the long cable can just get it without it. (Though IF they bring back the combo cable, then I will want that.)

This is what happened to me. I preordered here on Android Central but with all the delays I canceled. I finally saw people were getting them and the AUX/USB cable would just be shipped later. So I went to Amazon and put in my order. Got mine yesterday with the long USB cable and no word on the AUX/USB cable. The instructions they even provide talk about the AUX/USB cable. I'm am a bit irritated that it changed with no real notice as I was under the impression I would still get the AUX/USB cable.

Another issue I have is I was under the impression that when I plugged it into the dock it would auto launch the car program. I don't get that at all. My phone does the dock tone but it just stays on the home screen. I hope this is just me not having a setting checked but that should also be part of the instructions if true.

phooker62890

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
This is what happened to me. I preordered here on Android Central but with all the delays I canceled. I finally saw people were getting them and the AUX/USB cable would just be shipped later. So I went to Amazon and put in my order. Got mine yesterday with the long USB cable and no word on the AUX/USB cable. The instructions they even provide talk about the AUX/USB cable. I'm am a bit irritated that it changed with no real notice as I was under the impression I would still get the AUX/USB cable.

Another issue I have is I was under the impression that when I plugged it into the dock it would auto launch the car program. I don't get that at all. My phone does the dock tone but it just stays on the home screen. I hope this is just me not having a setting checked but that should also be part of the instructions if true.

The charging arm is supposed to be what launches the car mode...

sent using FlatBill Magic ?

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

You might check this setting. I don't have my charging arm yet but you might see if this works
yguqymuv.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Lady told me that the people who are ordering now and getting the regular cable can buy the other cable in march. They will be on sale separately.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by charging arm? I have the dock, the cable that goes from dock to my phone and then the long cable going to USB.

Check your package,, they have a charging arm that connects to the dock. Thats what you plug into your phone. If you got a cable shipped with your order then most likely there was a charging arm with it. They would have informed you that the arm is coming later if you did not get it.

Angry_American

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
As per a previous post the dock will not do car mode as Samsung is discontinuing this feature. I am just going to put a NFC tag on my dock to enable car mode for this dock as I use multiple docks and I want each one to work differently. The one in my bedroom for instance I want to turn on my alarm and display the clock and turn off notifications.

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
As per a previous post the dock will not do car mode as Samsung is discontinuing this feature. I am just going to put a NFC tag on my dock to enable car mode for this dock as I use multiple docks and I want each one to work differently. The one in my bedroom for instance I want to turn on my alarm and display the clock and turn off notifications.

I am using NFC to activate Car home ultra. I am also using them for other tasks as well they seem to work fine for those tasks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I use the blue tooth to open the car home ultra app. When my phone connects to my cars bluetooth it opens the app.

Sent from my White Galaxy Note 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I use a alarm clock app that does that. When I put on my charging dock the app opens and its disables all other notifications. Pretty cool,, I hear ya,, very convenient.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Lady told me that the people who are ordering now and getting the regular cable can buy the other cable in march. They will be on sale separately.

That really sucks. So people that order now that need the other cable will be forced to pay extra for it and end up with another cable they may never use (the usb only cable). I'm still hoping that once they get the combo cable, they'll go back to selling it with the dock. I'm waiting it out.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I read differently, between this thread and the other thread about the old iBolt Galaxy S III dock. The early Jelly Bean update for SOME INTERNATIONAL versions of the Galaxy S III phone removed this feature. The feature was restored in Jelly Bean updates for all U.S. carriers, and then I believe was added back in for later International updates for countries that got it later than the original international update. (I'm not entirely sure it was added back to the international version, but I thought so, but I do know for sure it was included in all U.S. carrier updates.)

There were several reports with the old SIII specific dock from people where it did not put the phone into car mode, and they got a replacement dock and it worked, so it's possible people could get defective units of the new dock in this respect too.

Also, the above is all in regards to the S III. I guess I don't really know about the Note II, but after the stink with trying to remove it from the S III and adding it back in, I'd have a hard time believing that it would get removed from the Note II.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That really sucks. So people that order now that need the other cable will be forced to pay extra for it and end up with another cable they may never use (the usb only cable). I'm still hoping that once they get the combo cable, they'll go back to selling it with the dock. I'm waiting it out.

She already told me they won't be. Sold separately will be the only way. Waiting will just make you wait longer for no reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995