New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh, sorry. I am speaking of the note 2. Works fine with the stock music player,, I'm on Sprint also.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
Oh, no, that's okay. I knew what you meant. I see the Note 2 mentioned in your signature line. I was just stating my experience on the S III in case there are other S III owners following this thread who were still debating buying the dock if they were hoping ot use the media control.

Though I do find it weird that it works on the Note 2 and not the S III. One thing I did, beyond the basic media controls, was to add a couple of Playlist shortcuts in the Car Home Ultra Screen. When I touch those, it starts to play the desired playlist in Google Music. I can't figure out a way to control which music app it plays them in (to try to get them to play in the stock Music Player app). But beyond that, the media controlsthemselves in CHU are just plain screwy on my S III.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Car home ultra just got an update that fixed bugs with media buttons. Even works with Google music now. Now it is the best car app ever.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Car home ultra just got an update that fixed bugs with media buttons. Even works with Google music now. Now it is the best car app ever.

Might have fixed the Note 2, but still hasn't fixed my S III.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I got an email from iBolt yesterday saying my dock would ship today or tomorrow. They shipped the dock to me well over a month ago. I am hoping this is the cables. I expect the package by the end of the week, so once I get it, I will report what was shipped. I hope it's not a second dock (not that it would be bad, but I really want the cable).

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I got an email from iBolt yesterday saying my dock would ship today or tomorrow. They shipped the dock to me well over a month ago. I am hoping this is the cables. I expect the package by the end of the week, so once I get it, I will report what was shipped. I hope it's not a second dock (not that it would be bad, but I really want the cable).

Weird, I emailed them yesterday and I got a reply from kim saying they are still waiting for word from their manufacturer on when they will be getting their shipment of cords.

JohnD83

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

Sorry if this is a silly question but what does it do as I am new to Samsung and android.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi All

Sorry if this is a silly question but what does it do as I am new to Samsung and android.

The cord? The dock? In general the car dock is awesome. The cord we are all waiting for is a 2 in 1 10 foot cord. Charger/aux out cord that plugs into usb jack. This cord plugs into the back of the dock to the charging arm,, the arm is what we plug into phone when we dock it.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Well this is a note 2 forum.

I know. I'm just trying to also keep info current for S III users too if there are any other S III users following this thread for info on the dock. The dock itself can be used for either phone.

Just a bit of background, I was following this thread in the S III forum regarding the original S III specific dock.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...essories/197785-ibolt-vehicle-dock-s-iii.html

But then it was mentioned in that thread that a new version of the dock was coming. There was a tiny bit of discussion on the new dock in that thread, but then I found this thread more specific to the new dock. This thread has been much more informative regarding the new dock than the old thread, even though I'm using it with an S III.

JohnD83

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just had a look online at some video reviews snd it does look like a great bit of kit. I have not tried the sat-nav on the note 2 yet.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Weird, I emailed them yesterday and I got a reply from kim saying they are still waiting for word from their manufacturer on when they will be getting their shipment of cords.

Here is what I got:
Dear Amazon customer,

Thank you for ordering the xProDock from Amazon. You have purchased this directly from iBOLT, the manufacturer.

We are writing to let you know that your order will not be on backorder much longer, it will ship by Tuesday or Wednesday this coming week. As we use 1st class USPS the xProDock should arrive in your mailbox a few days later. You will also receive a customary ship confirmation email with tracking details once the package has left our warehouse.

This email is also sent to you to ensure that you get the full value and use from this excellent product. If you have any questions or problems after you have received the xProDock, we would greatly appreciate if contact us directly via the Amazon email system so we can provide whatever support is necessary. We try our best to answer all emails by the 2nd business day.

Below we have collected answers to the most common questions asked by customers as they are starting to use the xProDock. We hope you too will find this information useful!

1. USB cable a must for charging. The charging arm is designed to be connected to the forthcoming 9ft USB/aux-out cable. We are therefore including a 5ft (1.5 meter) microUSB-to-USB cable at no additional cost to be used until we are shipping the USB/aux-out cable. The USB end of the cable should be plugged into the vehicle's USB port or to a USB equipped 12 volt car-charger (not included).

2. Smartdock mode. The Smartdock mode is activated when inserting the microUSB charging arm into your Samsung phone. This is indicated by a ?Dock connected? icon will be shown on the phone. In order to activate ?dock applications?, please go to ?Settings - Accessory - Deskhome display?. Only after this is checked will the Samsung firmware accept a default dock application. Please watch this YouTube video for a detailed instruction how the ?Smartdock mode? works, Samsung Smartdock mode for car dock / car mount - YouTube

3. Driving apps that start by default. To get the most use of your new xProDock we recommend downloading a compatible ?driving/dashboard? applications. Favorite staff picks are ?CarHome Ultra? and "Ulysse Speedometer" (find and download free 30-day trials in the Google Play store). Both these apps are compatible with the xProDock and can be installed as default apps.They will turn your Samsung phone into a virtual driving assistant! The Radio App "Slacker" is also compatible with the SmartDock mode and can be set as the default "launch app".

3. Left or righ side charging possible. Note that the charging arm can be placed ?left or right? position on the back of the car-dock. This to provide you with the flexibility to have the charging arm on the side that is most comfortable in your vehicle.

4. Using the xProDock with cases. Note that the ?feet? can be pulled forward in 2 steps, which supports all known cases, including Otterbox Defender and Ballistic. To pull the feet back one or two steps, push on the ?peg? underneath the feet to have the feet fall back into desired position.

We hope and trust that you will enjoy your xProDock for Samsung for years to come!

Thank you in advance for considering providing a positive product review on Amazon!

Best regards,

Your iBOLT Support Team
Kim / Mike / Staci

Since I got my Dock back in February I am hoping it's the cable, but from this email, it almost looks like they are sending the dock again. I will let you all know once I get a package

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Cool,, she told me once the cords go out they are going to send a mass email out to everyone all at once so I think your email is a mistake or your getting another dock which is pretty cool. Lol

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Chris,We are still waiting on a conformation from our factory as to the exact shipment date but we will be sending out a mass email the will update everyone on the cable status soon. Thank you for your patience.Kim ........ her spell check not working lol

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Cool,, she told me once the cords go out they are going to send a mass email out to everyone all at once so I think your email is a mistake or your getting another dock which is pretty cool. Lol

wow a dock for my car and one for my wife's car, SCORE! of course if they do send a second doc, I will offer to send it back (at their cost), they would probably just tell me to keep it.

kregar

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered about a week ago from Amazon on was told it would ship on 3/23. It did. I received it today in South Carolina. It has the Samsung arm, but of course it only has a usb cable. it states I will receive the usb/aux cable soon. I can live without the combo cable for a couple of weeks.

Works and looks great..

Using with an S3 for a week or two until I pickup my Note 2.

kregar

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Chris,

I agree, I think my email was a mistake. As the week came and went, and no package. I have a paid service with UPS so they alert me as soon as the shipping label is created that goes to my business, and no alert. Bummer!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Chris,

I agree, I think my email was a mistake. As the week came and went, and no package. I have a paid service with UPS so they alert me as soon as the shipping label is created that goes to my business, and no alert. Bummer!

Starting to get a bit ticked. I guess we have another week here but it is the end of March and I want my cord. Lol

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Starting to get a bit ticked. I guess we have another week here but it is the end of March and I want my cord. Lol

Honestly, I have no expectation at all that they'll make end of March. But maybe they'll surprise me.

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I have no expectation at all that they'll make end of March. But maybe they'll surprise me.

I'm still waiting on the cable as well from a previous Xprodock purchase. I ordered a second Xprodock two days ago and read that the cables would ship APRIL 20th.

From the product features section on the Amazon ad.

" 9ft microUSB/aux-out integrated cable (ships April 20th)"

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21