New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Has everyone who ordered the dock received their 9ft cable yet? I ordered my dock back in April 4 and still did not receive the 9ft cable yet.

Might be taking them a while to get through all of the orders, and they're probably going in the order that people ordered them. (I'm only guessing, I don't really know.) I ordered mine back in mid-Feb.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've got a new issue with the dock in general. Anybody else had this? Basically the swivel ball is so loose that it's impossible to get the phone in and out of the dock without using 2 hands. I've gotten the nut tightened down as far as I physically can. Originally it held very well, but after a couple of months now it's loosened up to the point where trying to put the phone in, or take the phone out, when I try to lift up on the top springy piece the whole dock just rotates up on the ball joint. Thus I have to use two hands, so I can keep the dock still with one hand while I insert the phone with the other hand. I can't tighten the nut on the ball joint any further.

I plan to write iBolt about it but I'm wondering what other people's experience is. Is this just how the iBolt docks are after a bit of use, or have your iBolt docks kept a good tight ball joint even after several months of use?

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've got a new issue with the dock in general. Anybody else had this? Basically the swivel ball is so loose that it's impossible to get the phone in and out of the dock without using 2 hands. I've gotten the nut tightened down as far as I physically can. Originally it held very well, but after a couple of months now it's loosened up to the point where trying to put the phone in, or take the phone out, when I try to lift up on the top springy piece the whole dock just rotates up on the ball joint. Thus I have to use two hands, so I can keep the dock still with one hand while I insert the phone with the other hand. I can't tighten the nut on the ball joint any further.

I plan to write iBolt about it but I'm wondering what other people's experience is. Is this just how the iBolt docks are after a bit of use, or have your iBolt docks kept a good tight ball joint even after several months of use?

Well I don't use mine that much only on long trips and a few times locally. And the ball is still tight however the little cover for the cable/arm broke about the first week after I received it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I ordered mine the first day of the pre-order back in late Nov/ early Dec, so I have had mine for quite a while. So far mine is still nice and tight.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I put in with one hand but I never take out with one hand. I always lift the top spring loaded piece up with one hand and take the phone out with other as to not put pressure on the dock or the phone.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
clh42. We have a new mount with rubber overmold on the ball itself which makes it very tight. We are planning to offer this for sale directly on our site and also here with our AndroidCentral.com retail partner. Stay tuned and we will soon post this SKU. Cost less then $15

thehikingdude

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Questions about the iBolt Dock'n Drive app:

1. Is there anyway to have the phone automatically Pause playing music when the 2-in-1 cable is removed from the phone? In essence I hope to have it work the same way as when a stand-alone audio cable is removed.

2. When I was using 2 separate cables, I was able to route phone calls through my car stereo, allowing me to hear the caller much better. Is this not possible with the single cable? Did it work before only because I was using 2 cables? I really miss that functionality.

3. Is it possible to configure your Next Song button to support Slacker?

Loving both the Dock and the App. Of all the Driving apps I've tried I must say I like yours best. With a bit more tweaking I see many others shifting over to it.

Thanks!!!

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow, almost 2 months with no comments from anyone? Everyone got their combo cables? I did, but still have an issue with a "static" sound in the audio through that cable. Also still fighting the fact that the ball mount is too loose that I can no longer insert or remove the phone without both hands, but the nut is tightened as far as it will go. I haven't tried writing iBolt about it yet though. Just been too busy. I did use the dock on my first long trip over the 4th of July holiday, an 8 hour drive each way, and liked having the phone in the dock for music and nav.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Seems to me in the time it took to write this comment you could have wrote to ibolt and I am willing to bet they would have helped you. They always answered my emails very quickly.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Seems to me in the time it took to write this comment you could have wrote to ibolt and I am willing to bet they would have helped you. They always answered my emails very quickly.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

Perhaps, but that wasn't the main reason I posted. I was trying to spark some additional dialog.

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Chlh42, please take a picture and send to support@ibolt.co about your issue with the mount not being tight. We'll take care of it for you immediately. Also, we've been going "round and round" on the "static noise/buzzing" in the aux-out and we are down to less then 1% having any issue. In the past weeks we have consistently recommended anyone contacting us to install a Ground Loop Isolator on the 3.5 jack and so far it seems like this has solved the issue... Here's the one we've been recommending but I'm sure there are other good models too. Amazon.com : PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5mm Ground Loop Isolator : Electronics Apparently some cars have insignificant grounding on the 3.5 jack or the power outlet, resulting in feedback. If you order this, please let us know if this solved the issue on your side as well.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Chlh42, please take a picture and send to support@ibolt.co about your issue with the mount not being tight. We'll take care of it for you immediately. Also, we've been going "round and round" on the "static noise/buzzing" in the aux-out and we are down to less then 1% having any issue. In the past weeks we have consistently recommended anyone contacting us to install a Ground Loop Isolator on the 3.5 jack and so far it seems like this has solved the issue... Here's the one we've been recommending but I'm sure there are other good models too. Amazon.com : PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5mm Ground Loop Isolator : Electronics Apparently some cars have insignificant grounding on the 3.5 jack or the power outlet, resulting in feedback. If you order this, please let us know if this solved the issue on your side as well.

Thanks! I appreciate it, but what is it you want a picture of? It's kind of hard to demonstrate the looseness with a static picture. Happy to take one, just want to sure I take the right picture.

The static doesn't sound like the traditional noise from a ground problem. I'm very familiar with the traditional hum or buzz noise and the noise I hear isn't that. This more like a scratchy white noise type of sound, like a cable with a loose connection when you jiggle it, only I'm not jiggling it. Though I will check into the ground loop isolator. I see Radio Shack has one that I can purchase locally and try out that's easy to return if it doesn't help vs. buying one online and being out shipping if it doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1