I am stumped! I have had the phone since Wednesday night and I love the phone. I do have one quirk I can't quite figure out. The title says it all. Throughout the day I will either miss a call or text, or barely hear a notification. I will then adjust ring volume and notification volume to maximum and move on with life. Later on the same thing will happen. I look at the volume settings and they are changed again. I keep that phone in a case with a belt clip / holster, so it's not a pocket thing as far as I can tell. In fairness, I do sometimes carry it in a pocket if I have sweats on, but I always lock my screen before putting the phone in the holster or pocket.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions out there? I cannot root, so that's out of the question. I have a work app that checks for root and blocks the app if detected. I don't mind adjusting the in-call volume as needed, but I need to hear the phone ringing and I need to hear emails, texts, etc.
    Thanks!!
    12-16-2012 08:51 PM
    Are you a lefty? I am and I discovered that when I hold it in my right hand my fingers are on the volume control. I finally caught myself unintentionally turning it down so I tried a volume lock app. Volume Locker was OK, but now I'm trying Smart Volume Free and I like it more.
    jneusch likes this.
    12-16-2012 11:29 PM
    I used Volume Locker on my previous phone. worked great to avoid changing volume accidentally.
    jneusch likes this.
    12-17-2012 12:47 PM
    Are you a lefty? I am and I discovered that when I hold it in my right hand my fingers are on the volume control. I finally caught myself unintentionally turning it down so I tried a volume lock app. Volume Locker was OK, but now I'm trying Smart Volume Free and I like it more.
    Crap, I am a lefty. Thanks I'll try the app.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    12-17-2012 06:31 PM