Hi there - I just joined the world of Android and really like my GN2. I am still getting used to many tings that came as second nature on BlackBerry. Can anyone tell me if there is an effective app that allows you to fully customize your vibration lengths and rings (though I generally don't let it ring much) for all of the various tasks on a smart phone - calls, texts, IMs, emails, calendar items, etc - just like you can do so effectively on BlackBerry? I have been looking but have not found one that does all that I need.
    Thanks in advance
    12-17-2012 10:42 AM
    Bump! I'm interested too, also recently switched from BB. Love my Note II but still trying to nail down some of the basics while exploring all the exciting new things it has to offer.
    howserow likes this.
    12-17-2012 10:58 PM
    Bump! I'm interested too, also recently switched from BB. Love my Note II but still trying to nail down some of the basics while exploring all the exciting new things it has to offer.
    I wish someone would help us out with it! Let's make a deal: if I find anything to appropriately respond to the need, I'll get a hold of you (either right here or through private message) and you do vice versa. Deal?
    12-18-2012 10:42 AM
    Deal! I can tell you what I've been doing so far altho it doesn't seem to be as easy or "clean" as what we did on BB:

For each of the things I want notifications for (email, text messages and calendar reminders) I go into that app, go to Settings, then the Notifications area. There will be a place to select the ringtone you want (I just use one that's loaded on the phone), the volume, whether you also want vibration, and if you want it on the Status Bar. IIRC, not all of the apps have the same choices.

And then sometimes I somehow manage to turn my volume way down and don't hear them. :-( In order to be able to turn off all notifications during the night except the phone, I use an app called "Timeriffic." I have it set to do it automatically every night; with my BB I had to do it manually, so I do like that part a lot!

That's all I know now; I'm sure there's a lot more but maybe this has helped a little bit.
    12-18-2012 10:53 PM