Easiest way to play mkv files?

ashenor

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Just switched from my iPhone 5 to a note 2 today. Is there a way to play mkv back ups without converting them? Just ordered a 64g memory card also.

Thanks

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I would try "MX Player" and "BS Player Free". Both are free and both work great, just a matter of which one you would prefer.

ashenor

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Actually tried some last night dumped about 6 gigs of stuff on the phone, opened the stock video player and it plays them all!

Was suprised, no converting or anything, 720p stuff looks great on it.

Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually tried some last night dumped about 6 gigs of stuff on the phone, opened the stock video player and it plays them all!

Cool that it works though I would say you still might want to try mxplayer. It supports everthing and has tons of cool features.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

haw1144

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
MX Player and BS Player don't support the "air view" preview though w/the s-pen though (right?)... So far the stock player works fine for the files I've been using and using the s-pen on it has been great!

I wonder when 3rd parties will start putting in s-pen support... if ever

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

dumping 6gb of stuff is fine but what about 1 large file?

- - - Updated - - -

Formatting to FAT32 will impose the 4gb file size limit.

So is there a solution to this issue?

ashenor

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok trying out mx player, have memory card formatted to exFat. Now anything that will decode a dts sound track on the phone?

Ok tried BS player it it works with DTS. So all good for now.

Thanks

Last edited: